What will happen if The Smiths reunite?

DAVIE will explode with happiness and I will have to give him an internet high-five. :p I would be really happy to see Johnny play Smiths songs, even if I only got to see it on youtube.

I'd like it if they could all be friends again. More than a reunion, even!

In terms of recording, their book has been written, I think, and it's a damn good book. No need to add anything more to it. I know I am just reiterating what I've said before, but I feel pretty strongly about that. I'd be really excited about future collaborations between any/all of them, just not as "The Smiths".

Last edited:
Re: Do you think The Smiths will reunite one day?

Do you think you'll ever stop posting the same thread every two months?

Do you think The Smiths will reunite one day?

It's about as likely as you ceasing to post endless asinine questions 24/7. So, not very.

And i also have a strange obsession with zoning out and going into a trance and hallucinations and no I never took drugs and I never got high!!!!!!

Last edited:

listen to me i have high functioning autism and i dont think like anyone else and i have an obsession with the smiths and morrissey and if the smiths reunite i would probraly faint!

Could've fooled me.

I could see marr coming on stage at a morrissey gig performing how soon is now as an encore... i think there is a zero chance morrissey would ever set foot on stage with mike joyce.

If I were Morrissey's testicles...I'd be sweatin'.

If the smiths did a reunion tour would you go?

If the smiths did a reunion tour would you go? I would!

Last edited:
I think at this point, it's purely a matter of 'it being interesting.' 'It' being the reunion of Morrissey and Marr. I think most interesting would be their onstage banter and connection 'or lackthereof.' Realistically the songs would sound no different than they do now when Morrissey performs them, except for perhaps 'This Charming Man.' Having said that, is it really worth it for us to wish 'and most of us probably wish they at least do a one off show' that they reform at least once at the expense of potentially tainting their legacy? I guess I would like to see a one off Coachella performance or perhaps Marr doing an extended encore with Morrissey as opposed to a full blown tour.

I truly think that the fact that The Beatles never had a chance to reform was a blessing for their legacy. Had Lennon survived I'm sure they would have been roped into Live Aid or MTV Unplugged and it would have been subpar at best. The Smiths, like the Beatles, are one of the few bands to have a near flawless musical legacy. So, I ask, is it worth it?

*I don't know the answer, hence the question.

I'd probably go through the following phases in the space of two hours: sceptical, excited; baffled; gripped by disbelief; sceptical again; anxious; nervous; and, finally, resigned to the money-fuelled circumstance.

Then I'd watch the reunion on YouTube and quietly read all the comments, my fragile mental state switching constantly between disappointed and overjoyed, before watching Pulp's reunion and contrasting/comparing the two. I'd end the day by reading the furious flood of opinions here on Morrissey-Solo.
The best answer :)

Back
Top Bottom