What now? A frank and open deep conversation

I’m still genuinely wondering why the last string of shows all featured pretty much the same set list every time. Prior to that things had always been mixed up to a worthwhile or at least noticeable degree. Is it the band that can’t perform the songs or Morrissey being lazy and bland?
We can only guess, but I don’t think it is the band. They are competent musicians who can learn new songs.
First signs of physical fatigue ( or whatever health issue he’s battling with)?
Fortunately, the setlist he kept repeating was solid, just missing the occasional surprises.

Last year he played most concerts that he was supposed to, didn't he? Only Nottingham and Perth were cancelled.
+ Auckland, NZ and 4-5 dates in Asia. And the whole South American tour (postponed, then ultimately cancelled).

Wow at the people who are like, “Rest! BUT! Here is my example of a really REALLY LIGHT itinerary and to-do list for you, … which is still a really FULL itinerary and to-do list for you!”. :lbf:

Also if he wants a house, he can have mine! I’m literally never in it. Ever. Not even 4 days a month. I don’t even want it. I’ll trade him and move into the hotels permanently. Which is the far more civilized way to live anyway, lol

I hope he gets his oomph back and his strength back and I hope his spirits are ok - hopefully only passing through “ok” before settling on “great”. And if he has any interest in doing non-music related things, then I hope he might have something in mind he might like to get his teeth into this year.

If he wants to get his teeth into nothing other than a leisurely break in 2024, even better. Dolce fare niente. I think he deserves to put his feet up, and I really think he’s not only been through a lot these last few years, but also that he’s done a lot. I understand that staying busy is good. But sometimes we need (and deserve) a full recharge. Sending him much love and warmest hugs.

Maybe you could spare a few minutes and update this. That would be epic!
FFS how did I miss that?
Think there are a couple of drummers missing from the other musicians part, who just appeared for live performances.
I'm loath to add to any Wiki thing in case I wreak havoc with it.

Last year he played most concerts that he was supposed to, didn't he? Only Nottingham and Perth were cancelled.
I saw him at the tour in March and thought he was in great form, and spirit.
Like Harsh Truth pointed out, last autumn he cancelled Mexico City, Bogota, Lima, Santiago, Buenos Aires, Sao Paolo, Brasilia, Chek Lap Kok, Bangkok, Jakarta, Perth and Auckland. That's nearly half of the announced tour from September to December 2023.

I dreamt tonight, that a healthy Morrissey was giving a press conference with Boz, Alain and a third person, I didn't recognise, saying that he had recorded a new album with them and was now planning concerts. In addition, a picture of a younger, bequiffed Spencer was shown, which suggests that he is also involved. I often dream very real things. It keeps me busy.

I dreamt tonight, that a healthy Morrissey was giving a press conference with Boz, Alain and a third person, I didn't recognise, saying that he had recorded a new album with them and was now planning concerts. In addition, a picture of a younger, bequiffed Spencer was shown, which suggests that he is also involved. I often dream very real things. It keeps me busy.
Can I just hope the third person was Stephen Street? Your dream, your call.

Can I just hope the third person was Stephen Street? Your dream, your call.
That is within the realms of possibility. There were a total of 4 men, who seemed familiar with each other. They also looked their age. It was a kind of short press conference, that was broadcast live and everyone seemed united and happy. In my dream, I thought: he does listen to Solo. It really was like that. Also the picture of Spencer circa 1991.

That is within the realms of possibility. There were a total of 4 men, who seemed familiar with each other. They also looked their age. It was a kind of short press conference, that was broadcast live and everyone seemed united and happy. In my dream, I thought: he does listen to Solo. It really was like that. Also the picture of Spencer circa 1991.
I honestly think that is what Morrissey needs, he needs to get back with people who were his best collaborators. I saw him on his first 2 solo tours which I have probably said a zillion times here, but that was the best band.

Dreams can come true!

Oh, I guess I really don't know much about it. I just know it's up for ransom basically, right?
He was told not to announce that Miley Cyrus did backing vocals on I Am Veronica and he announced it and posted a photograph of them together. Then due to that she wants her vocals removed from the album. So he can't release it with her vocals on it. They will need to either be removed or rerecorded.

He also needs to give the advance back that he was paid by Capitol but so far seems to have refused to do so. They have said if he gives the advance back they'll give him BoT back.

I would love him to tour this year as it feels like an eternity since July. However, it's probably a good idea to maybe rest for 2024 or at least until later in the year.

I'll just have to be patient and I'm sure seeing Black Sabbath will fill a void for a while.

Back
Top Bottom