What is love?

Oh goody. I have opinion on this.
It is an excuse for self pity and self indulgence.
It is a habit.
It is an excuse for poor behaviour.
In short, it's nothing, it's just what ever a person wants it to be.
As the great Kurt Vonnegut said, 'Please-a little less love, and a little more common decency.”.

I guess I’m just down on love right now having lost a guy to man. Than can really put a damper on someone’s outlook on love. At the same time, I have to laugh about it! :lbf:

Perhaps if only once you did enjoy
The thousandth part of all the happiness
A heart beloved enjoys, returning love,
Repentant, you would surely sighing say,
"All time is truly lost and gone
Which is not spent in serving love."

Torquato Tasso (Aminta, 1573)

I just knoz one of the opposites of love is...Trolling.

Not even the attempts internet saddos make to get girls' attention, as some have experienced here...(Forgive those poor souls, they don't know what they're doing...)
No, I'm talking about the full-blown trolling from someone who enjoys provoking negative feelings just for the hell of it. It can be aimed at one person but it's really for everybody to enjoy. Short of f***ing a heifer, because his mum told him not to, there's nothing he won't try to upset you. This kind of person pisses on the world just to show us he can. But he is not looking for a reaction anymore. As he is devolving, the trolling has just become an expression of his self-loathing.

Unwilling to ever face anyone with a backbone, he's a rat in a maze, thinking he's demonstrating power, when the only thing that he shows... is fear. And hate.
He'll troll his arch enemies from a very safe distance, still he knows they will never meet again anyway, because there would be absolutely no point. Like an inbred with a chainsaw meeting the Tin Man; the Universe won't waste its time with that again. There simply isn't time.

Trolls don't cry.

Not even the attempts internet saddos make to get girls' attention, as some have experienced here...(Forgive those poor souls, they don't know what they're doing...)
No, I'm talking about the full-blown trolling from someone who enjoys provoking negative feelings just for the hell of it. It can be aimed at one person but it's really for everybody to enjoy. Short of f***ing a heifer, because his mum told him not to, there's nothing he won't try to upset you. This kind of person pisses on the world just to show us he can. But he is not looking for a reaction anymore. As he is devolving, the trolling has just become an expression of his self-loathing.

Unwilling to ever face anyone with a backbone, he's a rat in a maze, thinking he's demonstrating power, when the only thing that he shows... is fear. And hate.
He'll troll his arch enemies from a very safe distance, still he knows they will never meet again anyway, because there would be absolutely no point. Like an inbred with a chainsaw meeting the Tin Man; the Universe won't waste its time with that again. There simply isn't time.

Trolls don't cry.

I can think of a few here who if I ever met in person I would punch them in the face.

Trolls don't cry.

Psychopaths. Run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

Psychopaths. Run in the opposite direction as fast as you can.

Don't worry RB, in my experience, when they see me, they take to their heels. And they always will, of this, I am certain.

There is something about me that frightens them terribly. :)

Oh Shit, I hope that doesn't include me.

imagesCAP3ZQZ0.jpg

tumblr_mqprswEhFq1sn04n3o1_500.gif

Love is pitter patter. :horny:

stevemcqueen_wideweb__470x328,0.jpg

Love is knowing that if it came down to it, I would leap in front of a flying bullet for him. It's knowing that where he ends, I begin. The finished sentences, the unspoken thoughts, the first cup of coffee in the morning, the last kiss good-night. It's the urgency, like that feeling of jumping off the high-dive. It's trust...insane unwavering trust- my heart in his hand. It's knowing that if I had to wipe his ass for the rest of my life due to infirmity, I would.
...and don't get me started about the love for my kids...
My ex-sister-in-law once summed it best- For your kids, you would eat shit and crawl through broken glass.

:( Can you tell me more? Or are you being sarcastic?

No, just realistic. Someone with an important personality disorder like my Pet Troll cannot in any way benefit from having a conversation with me. He is incapable of self-analysis, as this would shake the very foundation of who he is. He would not see the point in exchanging views with a person he can't take advantage of, and who is immune to his supposed "charm". Placed in a situation in which an "object" (read: person) confronts and challenges him, he has only two options: ignore or flee.

Which is why he would run if he saw me. And believe me it's not a question of shyness, or of being so stirred by my irrestible person he just can't face me (lolz). It's just self-preservation.

What I notice is that from time to time he needs to reassert some form of control over me. It's totally ineffectual now, but still, he persists in doing it. Nobody has ever asked him why he does that apart from me, even the people who know he does it, so I guess in his nineties he'll still do it. For some reason, "society" (here represented by the people who know) never saw any reason to get upset there.

If I worked for him, I could have sued him for psychological bullying. In society there are many organisations and laws which protect the victims of harrassment. But sadly this type of harrassment here is quite unique. It's not punishable. Anyway can you really punish a troll? He'd probably just enjoy the attention.

The only thing that -sort of- saddens me is this interaction between us is never going to be studied by any psychiatrist. There won't ever be any case study. Nobody will ever be that curious and patient (so much data to retrieve...) And honestly anyway, it's so repetitive it would probably bore the socks off any shrink. That's the problem with having two people extremely set in their ways. He likes trolling like a psycho, and I prefer human beings...It's cool, I can talk to them on the Internet :) In my mind it's a small advantage. Unlike him I am not greedy for power and control, so I have no issue with masses of people not seeing me.

When people see it's in their own hands. Generally they store this info inside them somewhere.There is not much they can do with it anyway. Even when they sympathize, people are defenceless about this kind of things.

Maybe it's just a sign of the time. Maybe one day, in a zillion years, narcissistic personalities won't be tolerated, looked up to, or encouraged. Maybe one day the Ego won't reign supreme...Then people will be encouraged to develop true human worth. Those who try to get rich or successful -or get the latest smartphone- at any price will be locked up as enemies of the human race. :)

I was just born at the wrong time... but there's hope for my reincarnations yet...
Hope is really everything. If pianists can survive the Holocaust and live to be 110, there must be hope in all this shit.

No, just realistic. Someone with an important personality disorder like my Pet Troll cannot in any way benefit from having a conversation with me. He is incapable of self-analysis, as this would shake the very foundation of who he is. He would not see the point in exchanging views with a person he can't take advantage of, and who is immune to his supposed "charm". Placed in a situation in which an "object" (read: person) confronts and challenges him, he has only two options: ignore or flee.

Which is why he would run if he saw me. And believe me it's not a question of shyness, or of being so stirred by my irrestible person he just can't face me (lolz). It's just self-preservation.

What I notice is that from time to time he needs to reassert some form of control over me. It's totally ineffectual now, but still, he persists in doing it. Nobody has ever asked him why he does that apart from me, even the people who know he does it, so I guess in his nineties he'll still do it. For some reason, "society" (here represented by the people who know) never saw any reason to get upset there.

If I worked for him, I could have sued him for psychological bullying. In society there are many organisations and laws which protect the victims of harrassment. But sadly this type of harrassment here is quite unique. It's not punishable. Anyway can you really punish a troll? He'd probably just enjoy the attention.

The only thing that -sort of- saddens me is this interaction between us is never going to be studied by any psychiatrist. There won't ever be any case study. Nobody will ever be that curious and patient (so much data to retrieve...) And honestly anyway, it's so repetitive it would probably bore the socks off any shrink. That's the problem with having two people extremely set in their ways. He likes trolling like a psycho, and I prefer human beings...It's cool, I can talk to them on the Internet :) In my mind it's a small advantage. Unlike him I am not greedy for power and control, so I have no issue with masses of people not seeing me.

When people see it's in their own hands. Generally they store this info inside them somewhere.There is not much they can do with it anyway. Even when they sympathize, people are defenceless about this kind of things.

Maybe it's just a sign of the time. Maybe one day, in a zillion years, narcissistic personalities won't be tolerated, looked up to, or encouraged. Maybe one day the Ego won't reign supreme...Then people will be encouraged to develop true human worth. Those who try to get rich or successful -or get the latest smartphone- at any price will be locked up as enemies of the human race. :)

I was just born at the wrong time... but there's hope for my reincarnations yet...
Hope is really everything. If pianists can survive the Holocaust and live to be 110, there must be hope in all this shit.

You sound like you were definitely victimized by a psychopath. Your case may never be studied. But I suggest you seek counseling for a little while to sort through the powerlessness, anger, and confusion you are experiencing. He (assuming it is a he) has left your house in chaos. Best to enlist a professional outsider to help you get it back in order. And I hope you have severed all contact with this person. Close the doors and lock the windows and never let this monster back in again.

You sound like you were definitely victimized by a psychopath. Your case may never be studied. But I suggest you seek counseling for a little while to sort through the powerlessness, anger, and confusion you are experiencing. He (assuming it is a he) has left your house in chaos. Best to enlist a professional outsider to help you get it back in order. And I hope you have severed all contact with this person. Close the doors and lock the windows and never let this monster back in again.

Lol, I had a vision of Rick in The Walking Dead, pushing the sofa aginst the door, and lying there, wounded... ;) That's about right, only I'm in a much better shape than him at the moment! Poor guy.

As far as councelling is concerned, I thought about it, but a good professional in this area seems, by all accounts, a bit tricky to find. It would take ages to explain the situation to one without sounding like a nutcase, too. An exhausting job. Maybe I'm just lazy. I just seek self-help on the internet. ;)

Funnily enough, I've had two friends who experienced the same thing. Birds of a feather...It's taught me a lot about the kind of person this type of guy (yes it's a man) preys upon. Recently I saw a psychologist explain that they don't really prey on the weak. They have to find someone with, he said, "inner richness". Of course. They can't feed on empty beings. So my two friends are generous, kind, interested in other people. Still, they have a weakness in them that responds to this kind of person. That's how they fell for those guys. And I'm more or less the same.

I am not going to lie, yes, I've been terribly angry and I've felt extremely powerless. But on the whole now I'm much more philosophical about it. First of all I know now that I don't have to feel guilty about this. And I know I'm far from being the only one to whom this sort of thing has happened. And finally, I know that whatever happened to this person to make him act this way happened long before my time on earth, probably around the age of 5, when they got lost trying to solve the famous Oedipal complex. (Much more lost than me it seems.)

So in the end there's really noone to blame. It's just an unfortunate situation one has to cope with. Thankfully I have friends and a supportive family. Even though I can't tell them everything, a few of them have got enough instinct to know there's something not nice going on in my life at times. That's enough for me at the moment. And I support my friend who's trying to get rid of her own "monster". I tell her I can't judge her because I went through the same kind of thing, I know what it's like, and I encourage her to be strong. I tell her she doesn't have to be used, she deserves to be loved by a non-psychopath and I'm even plotting for her to meet one of my single friends who displays none of the psycho traits she's used to. :) If it works out I'll possibly grin non-stop for a month or two. Of course it might not work out because we are all keen on repeating the same mistakes so that when someone different comes along, it's not appealing. But I love a challenge. And it could be the first step for her.

Solidarity is a wonderful thing, I find.
Thanks for listening RB. :)

Back
Top Bottom