What don't you like about Mozzer?

Do you wish you knew how to love Morrissey more than you currently do?

• OH Yes yes yes

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Eh?

Votes: 7 70.0%

• Total voters
im sorry this sentence didnt make sense either. i read it 3 times.

the concept of the thread wasnt so bad. but seriously, you mean to tell me that the first post was understandable? it totally hurt my brain.

SHEEESHHH! Try f***in' living with it all the time...it ain't easy, lemme tell yer!!

SHEEESHHH! Try f***in' living with it all the time...it ain't easy, lemme tell yer!!

There are many times he needs to do what he is paid to do...

Shut up and sing.

There are many times he needs to do what he is paid to do...

Huh? Huh? (i had to post it twice 'cause what i'd writ wasn't enough, although that's irrelevent now i've posted all this)

There's only one thing I'm not crazy about but I think I know why he does it.

During the ONE interview when he expressed no sympathy for white-collar workers going to job centers he came off as being very closed-minded and it alarmed me and pretty much made everyone on the couch very uncomfortable. But in a way that's difficult to describe, it was necessary for him to express that he had no sympathy for "white collar workers" not so much because he literally has a problem with them, but with the word as a symbol and he was man enough to take a stand on it. Elsewhere in the world perhaps someone pulled up their pants and hid a moon from his co-conspirator in the game of truth. I think. THere are a lot of very hard working white coller workers who are loving and kind and good people, I just don't see Morrissey or Moz or Mozzer or whoever lumping them into a group of people who should suffer. But the hidden truth of "the white coller" is something Morrissey combats daily which is why he is so vague, hates interviews, couldn't find love and is generally misunderstood. I bet you a dollar though his mother was pissed about how he handled that. I could be wrong.

During the ONE interview when he expressed no sympathy for white-collar workers going to job centers he came off as being very closed-minded and it alarmed me and pretty much made everyone on the couch very uncomfortable. But in a way that's difficult to describe, it was necessary for him to express that he had no sympathy for "white collar workers" not so much because he literally has a problem with them, but with the word as a symbol and he was man enough to take a stand on it. Elsewhere in the world perhaps someone pulled up their pants and hid a moon from his co-conspirator in the game of truth. I think. THere are a lot of very hard working white coller workers who are loving and kind and good people, I just don't see Morrissey or Moz or Mozzer or whoever lumping them into a group of people who should suffer. But the hidden truth of "the white coller" is something Morrissey combats daily which is why he is so vague, hates interviews, couldn't find love and is generally misunderstood. I bet you a dollar though his mother was pissed about how he handled that. I could be wrong.

And Morrissey is someone that the average working man would identify with ?

And Morrissey is someone that the average working man would identify with ?

If I understand your question perhaps you are referring to working men in general? Morrissey himself addressed that by alluding to "it isn't an issue for me any longer" if you are referring to money. I guess what I'm talking about can be placed more in the "crazy" category. Morrissey's wise enough to know that "evil" disguises itself as good and there's no more pure color than white, but having fought this essense of bad masked as good in his subconscious for so long, he has equated all thing white with evil. The trick is disguising or rewording your distaste for a symbol.

You know when he sings about someone going to waste in the wrong arms? Imagine he lives a life where there is a presence, a piece of himself, a ghost if you will he feels called upon to protect. And imagine he sees that ghost in distress and his entire vocabulary and language become structured around protecting that ghost so that one day, it can be safe in his arms? THis is Morrissey's dilemma that nobody can understand...unless you want to. Idle chat on a morning talk show can be uncomfortable for someone with such a mission, it's ridiculous that he's called upon to be put in these situations.

And I imagine he slipped because he's exhausted because I've seen him reword very elegantly. Now he has to tour. We ask too much of him.

I think you interpreted the conversation differently than I did. The male presenter said that it was worse for the white-collar types because they'd never known failure. And then Morrissey said (paraphrasing here) "then why be sorry for them." I think it was more some strange hidebound class thing that we honestly don't have here. I was raised to see social class as a fluid thing. You can move up, or you might move down. I know people, born to the same parents, who are of completely different classes, despite being brought up with the same educational opportunities, the same family connections, and the same genes. But the male presenter's comments were so Upstairs-Downstairs that my jaw dropped. I think that's what Morrissey was commenting on, the idea that the white-collar workers were due more pity than the blue-collar ones, simply because being jobless is a new experience for them.

I think you interpreted the conversation differently than I did. The male presenter said that it was worse for the white-collar types because they'd never known failure. And then Morrissey said (paraphrasing here) "then why be sorry for them." I think it was more some strange hidebound class thing that we honestly don't have here. I was raised to see social class as a fluid thing. You can move up, or you might move down. I know people, born to the same parents, who are of completely different classes, despite being brought up with the same educational opportunities, the same family connections, and the same genes. But the male presenter's comments were so Upstairs-Downstairs that my jaw dropped. I think that's what Morrissey was commenting on, the idea that the white-collar workers were due more pity than the blue-collar ones, simply because being jobless is a new experience for them.

You make a good point and after seeing it the second time I saw that. My first impression however was that he was saying he didn't feel sorry for them BECAUSE they were white coller- let 'em suffer. I sense the others got the same impression because there was a chilly air after he said it.

You make a good point and after seeing it the second time I saw that. My first impression however was that he was saying he didn't feel sorry for them BECAUSE they were white coller- let 'em suffer. I sense the others got the same impression because there was a chilly air after he said it.

link please :straightface:

I think that's absolutely right. The presenters couldn't hear what they were saying. Actually, after watching that and seeing it from a non-British point of view, I suddenly understood a lot of what M is always saying about British culture and how repressive it is. That's something I think we Americans just don't fully understand. We have a tiny handful of completely irrelevant "upper class" people, who are only there because the money has been in their families long enough; and a massive middle class that's got itself sorted out into white-collar and blue-collar and white trash and trailer trash and pro-union Republicans and college-educated paper pushers, intellectuals, and on and on. EVERYBODY thinks that they are middle class here. The people who make less money think that middle class starts at $45K a year, the ones with professional degrees think it starts at $200K. But nobody would ever admit to being anything but middle class.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/39oJ0PDRGnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/39oJ0PDRGnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

So Morrissey says it, raises his brow, the lady blathers on about savings because the hostess lady turns the topic away from Morrissey and while she's saying this he's thinking..."Savings. Okay, you and your savings. But what about my love whom you're keeping me from. Jerks."

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/39oJ0PDRGnw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/39oJ0PDRGnw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

So Morrissey says it, raises his brow, the lady blathers on about savings because the man turns the topic away from Morrissey and while she's saying this he's thinking..."Savings. Okay, you and your savings. But what about my love whom you're keeping me from. Jerks."

you are totally nuts. do you ever yell at people out on the streets?

you are totally nuts. do you ever yell at people out on the streets?

Actually I haven't got to that point yet. But I did walk up to a stranger in a borders bookstore a couple of years ago and with tears in my eyes asked, "When is this going to end?" He looked at me like I was insane.

wow, wow, wow, thx 4 the link :thumb:
he was brilliant as always in the little that he did say
& honestly i do not understand anyone's possible confusion about it :straightface:

Actually I haven't got to that point yet. But I did walk up to a stranger in a borders bookstore a couple of years ago and with tears in my eyes asked, "When is this going to end?" He looked at me like I was insane.

maybe you should go get some help. that's what i did after obsessing over aleister crowley, conspiracies and higher intelligences talking to me and taking so much acid that i didn't leave the house for weeks, convinced that outside didn't exist.

it didn't really work, though i don't take acid any more and i somehow manage to keep my craziness to myself most of the time. so keep it up.

maybe you should go get some help. that's what i did after obsessing over aleister crowley, conspiracies and higher intelligences talking to me and taking so much acid that i didn't leave the house for weeks, convinced that outside didn't exist.

it didn't really work, though i don't take acid any more and i somehow manage to keep my craziness to myself most of the time. so keep it up.

Yeah asswipe. So quit calling me nuts and get on my side, I'm the good guy. Dude, I'm wearing black today...PROOF! :)

Yeah asswipe. So quit calling me nuts and get on my side, I'm the good guy. Dude, I'm wearing black today...PROOF! :)

i'm getting some weed in a couple of days. it's going to be like christmas, meaning i'll be on my own all day getting f***ed up. i can't wait.

man, this macaroni and cheese is bad.

Back
Top Bottom