what do you think of these 'fans'

Yes, this is the sole reason Hall and Oates ever existed. And J. Geils Band, too: so I would have memories of roller skating parties in third grade.

My soundtrack consisted of disco and pop but I distinctly remember being transported to another dimension of sheer bliss by Donna Summer's "I Feel Love". Many years later I discovered that I was really responding to Giorgio Moroder. (Or so I tell myself now.)

My soundtrack consisted of disco and pop but I distinctly remember being transported to another dimension of sheer bliss by Donna Summer's "I Feel Love". Many years later I discovered that I was really responding to Giorgio Moroder. Or so I tell myself now.

Giorgio Moroder was responsible for most of the Top Gun soundtrack, wasn't he?

Extraordinary how potent cheap music can be.

Giorgio Moroder was responsible for most of the Top Gun soundtrack, wasn't he?

Extraordinary how potent cheap music can be.

Far, far too many to name but yes "Top Gun" tops his discography. Giorgio would've sounded so much better doing synthpop for David Gahan or someone like that, but then again, maybe not-- something about his music just screamed out for Donna Summer and Kenny Loggins.

I'm just glad he was around for New Order to rip off.

Disco is so good.

Wait.... Haven't I seen this thread before?

Kewpie? Help here?

Yeah! I went to a gothskate (goffs on wheels -- whoopee!), and they played "Everyday Is LIke Sunday". Well, I did request Smiths/Moz songs (except for HSIN because it's played out).

My partner in crime cannot go tonight. Would anyone else care to join me in rollerskating to groovy Moz/Smiths and goff, industrial choonz in Hell A? Holler at me with a PM. I'm off to practice my Spanish for a bit. Will check messages @ 2030.

I lol'ed at the initial post! It reminded me that at lunch I was thinking the unthinkable -- what if I grew up happy and well-adjusted? Would I still be as much of a fan of Mozzer's? I think I would still like him because he's got incredible style, but I can't say I'd be as batshit crazy obsessed. :p I dunno. I feel reasonably fulfilled and content now, and I'm still completely off-my-tits mad about Morrissey.

How cool. Count me in. *looks into teleportation*

Disco is so good.

I loved Disco. I lived my grade school and junior high school years on roller skates. I loved Donna Summer and am radio :guitar:

Pregs, let's go rollerskating.

How cool. Count me in. *looks into teleportation*

I loved Disco. I lived my grade school and junior high school years on roller skates. I loved Donna Summer and am radio :guitar:

Pregs, let's go rollerskating.

But, Coz, it would only work if they only played songs from 1982. Do you know a place like that? Shit, we should open one. Got any money to invest?

But, Coz, it would only work if they only played songs from 1982. Do you know a place like that? Shit, we should open one. Got any money to invest?

I know :( We'd probably have to drive to BFE to find a rink only to get run over by 10 year old rollerbladers. :rolleyes: For years, my H and I have been talking about opening a dance bar similar to Club 950 that plays all the cool retro 80's stuff.

HEY! Do you ever listen to WLUW (88.7), Loyola's radio station? http://www.luc.edu/orgs/phoenix/mar27wluw.htm
This morning they played Is It Really So Strange!!

Ok, so the song that makes me think o rink = Don't Stop Till You Get Enough

I know :( We'd probably have to drive to BFE to find a rink only to get run over by 10 year old rollerbladers. :rolleyes: For years, my H and I have been talking about opening a dance bar similar to Club 950 that plays all the cool retro 80's stuff.

HEY! Do you ever listen to WLUW (88.7), Loyola's radio station? http://www.luc.edu/orgs/phoenix/mar27wluw.htm
This morning they played Is It Really So Strange!!

Ok, so the song that makes me think o rink = Don't Stop Till You Get Enough

I seriously doubt I can pull that station in all the way down here... does St. Xavier in Oak Freaking Lawn have one? :p

But I will try, tomorrow.

Oh, god, I want to be 8 again. The roller rink was the epicenter of social life in Boofoo, Kansas.

I seriously doubt I can pull that station in all the way down here... does St. Xavier in Oak Freaking Lawn have one? :p

But I will try, tomorrow.

Oh, god, I want to be 8 again. The roller rink was the epicenter of social life in Boofoo, Kansas.

Yeah, the closer I got to downtown, the fuzzier the reception got. Still, I was ecstatic to hear some Smiffs on the radio.

A few years ago, my step-sis and I went to Just For Fun Roller Rink in McHenry. It was a blast. Funny how the rink seems so much bigger when you're 8. Ok, so I just surfed and found a place called The Rink at 1122 E. 87th Street. We'd be the only white chicks there. You in? :D

Yeah, the closer I got to downtown, the fuzzier the reception got. Still, I was ecstatic to hear some Smiffs on the radio.

A few years ago, my step-sis and I went to Just For Fun Roller Rink in McHenry. It was a blast. Funny how the rink seems so much bigger when you're 8. Ok, so I just surfed and found a place called The Rink at 1122 E. 87th Street. We'd be the only white chicks there. You in? :D

I'm in... and I might find a new boyfriend, to boot! That's really rather close to my house, you know... although there is one in Tinley Park, right by the Bettenhausen dealership, and I wonder if we could persuade them to do a retro 80's night, my god how fun would that be?

NO! Morrissey fully expects that you will eventually dance, and laugh, and finally live. That's what he wants for us, right?

I don't like to dance by myself. I'm not a very good dancer, so if I dance with someone else I can just copy what they do. The worst-case scenario is that they suck too.

Back
Top Bottom