What Beatles song would you like to see Morrissey do?

Ketamine, hello. Just wondering cuz I am new...are you taking the piss with the i .Just wondering 🤔

Are you asking if my choice of Sexy Sadie was ‘taking the piss’?

it wasn’t, I’d just like to hear his voice sing that one.

But if he busted out ‘She said she said’ live?! I’d be over the moon !

Are you asking if my choice of Sexy Sadie was ‘taking the piss’?

it wasn’t, I’d just like to hear his voice sing that one.
No...asking about where I wrote about their place in history and you put an I...
Just a thought...yanno. Like is it an i for informative as if you don't know or a i as in...tell us something we don't know 🤔. Oh crap....why did I start.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps
Hey Bulldog
In My Life
Fool on the Hill

Last edited:
Lyrically, 'Act Naturally' has is so Morrissey-esque it might as well have been written for him:

"We'll make a scene about a man that's sad and lonely
Begging down upon his bended knee
I'll play the part but I won't need rehearsing
All I'll have to do is act naturally"

You can't deny that The Beatles deserve their place in history. Just as Morrissey will live forever, The Kinks, etc.
Beatles for Sale is usually what I listen to.
Yes they are the perfect pop band.
They changed everything. M comes from the generation that liked to pretend the Beatles were rubbish
Its just an act. Burchill (according to my friend ) likes them and John Lydon likes them .
Bowie was a huge fan , Ray Davies admits their power . Elvis was great, but the Beatles made him and Bob Dylan just look boring and daft
When people say the beatles are shit, I often wonder if they even listened.

Wasn't he seen wearing a badge of John and Yoko a few years ago? Of all The Beatles songs I can most imagine him singing the Lennon penned ones; She Said She Said, Norwegian Wood, I'm Only Sleeping.

Wasn't he seen wearing a badge of John and Yoko a few years ago? Of all The Beatles songs I can most imagine him singing the Lennon penned ones; She Said She Said, Norwegian Wood, I'm Only Sleeping.
Oh, and "Girl"! I'd love to hear him do that one.

I would prefer this ‘Girl’ ….

O God
High in your fields above earth
Come and be real for us
You with your mind
Oh yes you are
Beautifully fine

O Girl
Electric witch you are limp
In society's ditch you are
Visually fine
Oh yes you are
But mentally dying
Oh doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo doo...
Oh yes we are, doo doo doo doo doo

O boy
Just like a boat you are
Sunk but somehow you float you do
Mentally weak
Oh yes you are
But so much you speak

Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to be free
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night
All your life

According to Rolling Stone, McCartney was actually inspired to pen the song by a particular group... the Little Rock Nine – nine Black students who volunteered to integrate the previously segregated Central High School in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1957. The teenagers were met with hostility at the school's entrance, sparking the Little Rock Crisis. Rather than dealing with the issue of desegregation, Arkansas' governor decided to close schools for the year.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/237349/the-hidden-meaning-of-the-beatles-blackbird/?utm_campaign=clip

Yes they are the perfect pop band.
They changed everything. M comes from the generation that liked to pretend the Beatles were rubbish
Its just an act. Burchill (according to my friend ) likes them and John Lydon likes them .
Bowie was a huge fan , Ray Davies admits their power . Elvis was great, but the Beatles made him and Bob Dylan just look boring and daft
When people say the beatles are shit, I often wonder if they even listened.
Absolutely spot on, Although I put Dylan at the very top with them. He said that he knew the cultural shift was coming as soon as he heard them and that their chords were “outrageous”
What annoys me about people when you ask them about The Beatles is that they have this idea of them just being a band for teenage girls. Like you said those who say that have never listened to Revolver or Magical mystery tour or The White Album etc.
Imagine a teenage girl coming home with Revolver and hearing She Said She Said for the first time or Tomorrow Never Knows, They were revolutionary in every way.
The songs they were writing at such a young age will never happen again in our lifetime. As I get older i’m starting to realise McCartney’s utter genius when he was penning songs like Here there and everywhere or For No One by the age of 24. Ridiculous really.

Just watched Paul McCartney at Glastonbury on IPlayer, I was really impressed, what an opener to get the crowd going and when he sang I've Got A Feeling with John Lennon in perfect time it was absolutely magical. The video has had over half a million views already.

Tickets to rise (given the present situation I’m renaming that tune)

Back
Top Bottom