What Bargains Have You Had?

Mentally_Ill

aka Marilyn Milnrow
It's nearly New Year and sales times in most shops. What bargains have you got?

Me, a couple of books reduced - Dear Fatty by Dawn French, the Alan Carr one and a Gavin and Stacey one (thanks Woolies)

Today at Woolies I must have bought at least 20 CDs and DVDs they were all reduced with a further 80% off. Typical CD cost £3.00.

Woolies was a bit mad, no room to move in the aisles and queues out of the door. I wish all the staff all best wishes for the future.

Also at Lakeland I got a hamper thing reduced by 50% - nice strawberry jam and lemon biscuits.

At Asda got some clothes at half price and some cheese and whiskey. Made even better by them playing the full Smiths best of album in the entertainment section.

Tomorrow I will try M&S for some more useless tat.

went to zavvi
i bought three posters as i need to decorate my bathroom.
got a few cds flaming lips, justice,the streets etc
then i got coming to america and science of sleep on dvd.
went up to the till i flashed my zavvi student discount card for a further discount the lady glared at me and told me "don't to push your luck we are in administration"

Discount Christmas cards for next time, a cute reindeer teddy, some chocolates.......

tried to get some discount Moz stuff at HMV but the shelves were empty!!! f***ers!! :mad: lol

This for €8 :)

sunrise_pack.jpg

For some reason, it's £47.95 on Amazon..

I was in an Old Navy store.
I bought 2 pairs of Xmas socks for my grandchild to be (they were 6-12 months so will fit next Xmas;))
The card label had a printed price of $2.50 on but also a sticker for $2.99 on them:eek:
I peeled the $2.99 sticker off.... went to the till, she swiped them and said ''$2.98''
Without blinking an eye I gave her $3 and she gave me 2c change.... I left and outside the shop checked the receipt.... $1.49 each:D

Jukebox Jury

I was in an Old Navy store.
I bought 2 pairs of Xmas socks for my grandchild to be (they were 6-12 months so will fit next Xmas;))
The card label had a printed price of $2.50 on but also a sticker for $2.99 on them:eek:
I peeled the $2.99 sticker off.... went to the till, she swiped them and said ''$2.98''
Without blinking an eye I gave her $3 and she gave me 2c change.... I left and outside the shop checked the receipt.... $1.49 each:D

Jukebox Jury

JJ, you're here? Come over, I've got loads of cheap wine, good bread, and homemade minestrone for dinner tonight. Plus, no kids, they're "on vacation."

JJ, you're here? Come over, I've got loads of cheap wine, good bread, and homemade minestrone for dinner tonight. Plus, no kids, they're "on vacation."

Yes I am here:), but tomorrow I shall be leaving for there:tears:
I would have been tempted to come over (where ever you are:confused:), but only drink expensive wine;) but thanks for the offer anyway:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Yes I am here:), but tomorrow I shall be leaving for there:tears:
I would have been tempted to come over (where ever you are:confused:), but only drink expensive wine;) but thanks for the offer anyway:cool:

Jukebox Jury

you said you were drinking yellow tail the other night. yellow tail is not expensive!!! :cool::D

you said you were drinking yellow tail the other night. yellow tail is not expensive!!! :cool::D

Nugz
When I seek your opinion on my wine tasting abilities, I shall ask for it..... until then shut the f**k up:angry::p:D

Jukebox Jury

I got a pair of trousers and a sweater from Topshop....but i did it online, so i haven't got them yet, not that you are interested:p

Of course we are....that's why there's a whole thread about it.

I have to get to work so that I can make some $$$...but I found ALL kinds of clothing/shoe bargains this winter....Brand new items, in boxes and with tags....all from CrackBay, I mean EBay. I'm hooked. I've been VERY pleased with the prices and quality of items I've purchased. :guitar:

Back
Top Bottom