What are your favorite bands/singers who've debuted within the past 10 years?

:eek: can't believe it!

Apart from me there are maybe two or three fans, but I'm the biggest one for sure.

i love the first 2 albums but i have not got round to buying the newer album yet, the reviews i saw for it were not very good, hopefully they were wrong

i love the first 2 albums but i have not got round to buying the newer album yet, the reviews i saw for it were not very good, hopefully they were wrong

NME gave it 4 out 10. I loved it the first week, then a bit less. It's a good album, not as good as The American Adventure (my fav) though. I love Come Back Inside, Appropriate Ending and Cold World (which is also on The Human Body EP, very good).

NME gave it 4 out 10. I loved it the first week, then a bit less. It's a good album, not as good as The American Adventure (my fav) though. I love Come Back Inside, Appropriate Ending and Cold World (which is also on The Human Body EP, very good).

i only buy albums based on the NME review so i might give it a miss

Are you being sarcastic?

Well, uncut gave it 3/5 and Mojo 4/5. If you don't want to buy then download it for free and let me know what you think about it.

i was being sarcastic:D

i might download it, i dont really like downloading music though, i prefer having the real thing
i might pick it up at the weekend

M.I.A., Burial, Hot Chip, The Go! Team. Four artists antithetical to the ones I listened to during the previous two decades, but you go where the wind takes you, I suppose. One can't live on Eighties reunions alone. (I'm talking to you, Ian McCulloch.)

Last edited:
The only band who've come into existence in the last decade who I really like a lot are Avenged Sevenfold. Nothing else really stands out to me, although there are others I like.

M.I.A., Burial, Hot Chip, The Go! Team. Four artists antithetical to the ones I listened during the previous two decades, but you go where the wind takes you, I suppose. One can't live on Eighties reunions alone.

I love The Go! Team!! Surprised I forgot them....

I don't think the problem in music these days is that there are no good debuts, it's more than hardly any bands have been able to follow up their first work with something just as good.

Anyway far too many good debuts to mention but some of my favourites include Laura Cantrell, Two Gallants, Sluts of Trust, White Stripes, Lift to Experience, The Libertines, Nina Nastasia, Franz Ferdinand, RJD2, 80's Matchbox B Line Disaster, Yeah Yeah Yeah, The Strokes etc etc.

Agree with the above completely, its really rare that bands are given a chance to mature, tend to flop with their second albums, and get dropped :s

The only band who've come into existence in the last decade who I really like a lot are Avenged Sevenfold. Nothing else really stands out to me, although there are others I like.

wow, really?

have you met Skinner?

I would have to say the Silversun Pickups, The Fiery Furnaces, Explosions In The Sky & The New Year are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure there are more but can't think of them right now. :rolleyes:

I like your thinking. I am perhaps the only other A7X fan on this forum. Nice to meet you. :D

My other picks would include:

Dredg
Silverchair (seriously their past 2 albums are masterpieces)
Peaches
Thrice
Poison the Well

kings of leon
black rebel motorcycle club
the strokes
lcd soundsystem
the strokes
the vines
doves
british sea power
electric soft parade(good to seem them get a mention)
the coral

a few others im sure i have forgot

That's a nice list there.
My picks which you've included are
British Sea Power
The Coral

I don't mean to suggest their music is new, both hit either spectrum of music I love (I loosely say a hint of 80's and 60's respectively), but their music is just that good. Not to mention as groups, they're a tight bunch.

I like your thinking. I am perhaps the only other A7X fan on this forum. Nice to meet you. :D

My other picks would include:

Dredg
Silverchair (seriously their past 2 albums are masterpieces)
Peaches
Thrice
Poison the Well

didnt Silverchair come out about 1993 or 94?

Back
Top Bottom