What are you afraid of?

Even though I heard Van Halen sing Hot for Teacher in the car today, I have a fear that me explaining Morrissey songs symbolically comes off like people posting youtube videos and explaining who's in the band and what the tracks are. :straightface: Although I'm banking on the "crazy factor" as softening the perception that I think I know it all. :D

I think the bird thing is probably exacerbated by the fact they can 'get at' me if they wanted to. :o

I LOVE bats. I do. I think they're adorable little creatures, but...when I see them flying around at dusk - I run like the wind to get away from them. I should add that they are quite harmful at times, though - well, more so than birds - as they carry rabies.

Last edited:
I LOVE bats. I do. I think they're adorable little creatures, but...when I see them flying around at dusk - I run like the wind to get away from them. I should add that they are quite harmful at times, though - well, more so than birds - as they carry rabies.

I went to this winery in San Miguel once...you would've died. It was a little family run thing, their "catch" was that the tasting room was inhabited by bats. Which seems intriguing, but it was so awkward and disgusting. They had an oak bartable made especially for their new winery with bar stools and a table and chairs made out of wine barrels off to the side. Paintings on the walls of bats and their wine label (which if I recall had nothing to do with bats, just their family name.) Anyway, imagine a cozy little central coast tasting room in a barn WITH BAT SHIT ALL OVER EVERYTHING. I'm not joking. The room was covered in bat turds. And they didn;t even NOTICE anymore they were so used to it. My first thought was "This isn't sanitary, this place needs to be shut down!" They didn;t advertise, it was through word of mouth that we heard of them and had to make an appointment, it was so gross. I don;t even remember seeing any bats, I just remember all the guano.

The awkward part was that we were all sitting around commenting on the aroma and flavor of the wine and pretending not to notice all the bat shit everywhere.

Last edited:
Not being as successful as my parents...I want to at least match them as they seem pretty happy with their lives overall. We aren't lotto winners I hasten to add :D

Branching off that topic I worry about housing and financial stuff in the future. How can my generation manage to put a deposit on a house? It's getting worse by the year along will the bills going up and cars being ridiculously expensive. If cars and the lessons were affordable and much greener then I would whole heartily throw money at it. But it seems just another money trap to make us poor poorer, so I don't see myself driving for another 10 years at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom