Visconti on Later with Jools Holland discuss Morrissey

The Seeker of Good Songs

It was an episode from September 2007 repeated last night on Later...on Rave channel on Dish Network.

I did a search on here but did not see it ever mentioned. Has it been discussed before?

A summary of it was Jools asking Visconti how it was to work with particular people.

Jools asked about Morrissey and Visconti replied that Morrissey isn't a technical person in the studio, but has abstract ideas, like he will reference a particular film and say he wants the sound to be like that. And that he is very passionate when he does his vocals; that he literally shakes as he does the song, that he is putting so much of himself into it.

I would try to post it somehow but don't know how get the recording off the dvr machine to do so.

Jools asked about Morrissey and Visconti replied that Morrissey isn't a technical person in the studio, but has abstract ideas, like he will reference a particular film and say he wants the sound to be like that. And that he is very passionate when he does his vocals; that he literally shakes as he does the song, that he is putting so much of himself into it.

i would expect nothing less of the Man himself...btw, i've always wondered; does anyone have any info on moz preferring certain microphones live / in the studio over others? surely after so much time as a vocalist...but i've never seen it mentioned.

Back
Top Bottom