Top 3 Songs of 2022

1. Morrissey, Saint in a Stained Glass Window (live)
  2. Pixies, The Lord Has Come Back Today
  3. Belle and Sebastian, Young and Stupid

1. Fontaines DC - Roman Holiday

I looked up this song on Spotify, and it's on an album with another song called Nabokov, so I listened to the whole record. And I'm glad I did, so thank you for the mention. Working my way backwards in their discography and listening to A Hero's Death at the moment. Sometimes there's a tinge of Liam Gallagher in the voice, other times Mark E. Smith. But never aping, and totally distinct from those singers' groups. The atmospherics are quite unique.

I looked up this song on Spotify, and it's on an album with another song called Nabokov, so I listened to the whole record. And I'm glad I did, so thank you for the mention. Working my way backwards in their discography and listening to A Hero's Death at the moment. Sometimes there's a tinge of Liam Gallagher in the voice, other times Mark E. Smith. But never aping, and totally distinct from those singers' groups. The atmospherics are quite unique.
That's nice to hear.
They are my favourite current band and have been for a few years now.
Was fortunate enough to see them at the Night & Day Cafe back in May 2018 with just a few people in the audience and it has been a pleasure to watch them grow and get the acclaim they thoroughly deserve.
Other favourites of mine are Roy's Tune and I Love You. Check them out, you may like them too. :)

1. Moz: Rebels Without Applause
  2. Suede: The Only Way I Can Love You
  3. Big Thief: Sparrow

1. Martha: I Didn't Come Here to Surrender [Everyone please listen to this song]
2. Wilco: Falling Apart (Right Now)
3. Lenny Lashley's Gang of One: It Got So Dark

1. The Place Where He Inserted The Blade - Black Country New Road
2. Morrissey - Rebels Without Applause (Live)
3. I Love You - Fontaines D.C.

I didn’t listen to much new music this year.

1. Martha: I Didn't Come Here to Surrender [Everyone please listen to this song]

I listened to it. Pretty good. They look a little cutesy-bopsy in their band photos, but I guess that's okay. Their Wikipedia page says they're "queer, straight edge, vegan and anarchist." I'll listen to some more of their material.

Back
Top Bottom