Theo? are you still a Sarah Palin apologist?

And, so, when people who hate Palin and would never consider voting for her in the first place once again start filling each other's Facebook walls about how they nailed her with another gotcha and how this is going to force those who are more sympathetic to Palin to turn on her in droves, we aren't impressed and we aren't going to react in the manner that they demand we do.

So what if she flubbed her words a little. Obama does it quite often, and needs a teleprompter when he's speaking to 6 year olds, but they want us he believe he's the greatest orator of all time. Funny how they remove the ten thousand "uhhhs" from Obama quotes, but conspicuously insert them when quoting Palin. And, oh, look at that, turns out she knows more about Paul Revere than most of the people laughing at her do.

I"ll bet he knows that Paul Revere wasn't warning the British.

I bet he doesn't know which of the 60 states it occured in...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's impossible to defend her now that she's milking her supporters for donations to her pseudo-campaign. People like her should not be allowed to vote.

Oh, now you're looking out for her supporters!

You wanna look at supporters getting ripped off, lift up the John Edwards' rock.

The NY Times has some interesting stuffabout the rich old lady (100 yeard old now) that Edwards sweet talked millions of dollars out of, including $725,000 to help him conceal his scandal with his mistress:

Mrs. Mellon seemed to ask little in return. But according to Mr. Young’s book, when she buried her daughter in May 2008, she had wanted Mr. Edwards to attend the funeral.

“As far as I knew,” Mr. Young wrote, “the only thing Bunny had ever asked of him — in return for more than $6 million — was that he sit on one side of her at that funeral while Caroline Kennedy sat on the other. Caroline fulfilled her wish. John Edwards did not.”

What a nice guy!

And he still wanted to take advantage of her for more:

After Mr. Edwards dropped out of the presidential race in early 2008, Mr. Young said, he still hoped that Mrs. Mellon would give him $50 million and access to her private jet so he could lead a fight against poverty around the world.

John, I think we're better off without a scumbag like you leading anything. Well, maybe you can lead some prayers in prison so you and the other criminals can beg God to save your souls.

Not sure if there's that kind of ripping people off going on with Sarah Palin, the target of so much intense scrutiny by the media. The news media that played defense for John Edwards....

1zejg5y.jpg

She just wants to disrespectfully abuse and exploit the good will of the people who are looking for change and profit from it while adding nothing to the process.

1zejg5y.jpg

She just wants to disrespectfully abuse and exploit the good will of the people who are looking for change and profit from it while adding nothing to the process.

You lie!

I was just trying to post the shortest possible response that would continue to get a (hopefully much longer) reply.

You say that as if I didn't know your modus operandi by now...

I'm glad you called me out to put on my Palin apologist hat and look at this latest Palin episode. As a result, and thanks to Sarah Palin, I'm learning a lot about Paul Revere that I never knew before. The defenders of Palin are linking to me primary sources and history books. Meanwhile, the Palin bashers only knew the legend of Paul Revere as we learned it from a Longfellow poem that was written around the time of the Civil War and sought to pluck a figure out of the history of the American Revolution and build him up as a national hero:

The basic premise of Longfellow's poem is historically accurate, but Paul Revere's role is exaggerated. The most glaring inconsistencies between the poem and the historical record are that Revere was not the only rider that night, nor did he make it all the way to Concord, but was captured and then let go (without his horse) in Lexington, where he had stopped to warn Samuel Adams and John Hancock of the impending attack.

Longfellow's intention was not to write a history; it was to create a national hero and he was successful at doing so. During a time of great national upheaval, people seized on Paul Revere as an example of the county's noble past.

What kind of morons consider that the most complete and accurate history?

You claimed Palin should have bothered to ask someone to talk to her about Paul Revere. Not sure if you really care what you're posting, as you're probably still in the troll mode you were back when I was in this forum in before. But, it turns out she had listened to a history presentation about Paul Revere at the location where this "gotcha" took place. I guess that's where she heard some of the tidbits about Paul Revere's history that are more obscure and that sent so many people into a tizzy after she referenced them.

She says she was asked a condescending "gotcha" question. Perhaps that's why she decided to refer to lesser known facts about Paul Revere's history, and to annoy her enemies by highlighting the part of Paul Revere's mission that was to protect the colonist' arms from the British, linking Revere with those who care about the right to bear arms today.

She wasn't in top form, and so her comment wasn't very articulate. And, she was being impressionistic rather than precise. That she was inarticulate is understandable, as she had a mic shoved in her face after a long, tiring day, and she was surrounded by a lot of distractions. And, I'm not sure why anyone would expect her to be anything but impressionistic and imprecise. Those who claimed she was a moron are not giving us the accurate history while they fact-check her, and they can sit at their computers and look it up.

Anyway, I find it interesting that Paul Revere had been detained by the British along the way and that he warned them that he'd just gone up the countryside notifying the colonists. At gunpoint he apparently conned the British about the colonists' troop levels, scaring them into believing that an exaggerated number of minutemen would be waiting to fight to protect their weapons. By misleading the British with his warning, Revere made the British poop in their pants, and that played a significant role in the events that followed. Revere's warning caused the British to panic when they heard a shot and then bells, as Revere had gotten them to think this would signal more troops than were really there. Well, I might be fuzzy on some of that; I'm only just learning about some of this the last two days thanks to Sarah Palin.

I was just trying to post the shortest possible response that would continue to get a (hopefully much longer) reply.

YEah,I figured you were in troll mode. But, it was just so touching to poke my nose in this forum and see a whole thread calling me out. I'm glad you got me looking into what this latest Palin thing was all about because it made me prepared to defend her when people brought it up offline. And, it's always nice to find out that the mainstream media were wrong in another one of their offensives against her.

Looking over the forum, I can't find anything going on. A real drag of a place nowadays.

At least one of Dave's threads got more than 2 replies.

one thing about Obama is that he doesn't come across as dumb. He might not know how many states there are but he probably knows more about the US than people that were born here.

one thing about Obama

One thing about Obama is: His presidency is exposing a large share of the 8 years of extreme attacks on George W. Bush as people who placed partisanship above patriotism.

One thing about Palin: Historians are coming out in her defense. For example, from the Boston Herald:

In fact, Revere’s own account of the ride in a 1798 letter seems to back up Palin’s claim. Revere describes how after his capture by British officers, he warned them “there would be five hundred Americans there in a short time for I had alarmed the Country all the way up.”

Boston University history professor Brendan McConville said, “Basically when Paul Revere was stopped by the British, he did say to them, ‘Look, there is a mobilization going on that you’ll be confronting,’ and the British are aware as they’re marching down the countryside, they hear church bells ringing — she was right about that — and warning shots being fired. That’s accurate.”

And:

Meanwhile, the state’s Democratic Party held a thin blue line on the issue, insisting on mocking Palin despite a brief historical review of the matter. State party chairman John Walsh wise-cracked that the region welcomes all tourists, even those with “an alternative view of history.”

“If you believe he was riding through the countryside sending text messages and Tweets to the British, still come to Boston,” he said. “There are a lot of things to do and see.”

But Cornell law professor William Jacobson, who asserted last week that Palin was correct, linking to Revere quotes on his conservative blog Legalinsurrection.com, said Palin’s critics are the ones in need of a history lesson. “It seems to be a historical fact that this happened,” he said. “A lot of the criticism is unfair and made by people who are themselves ignorant of history.”

Well! Another embarrassing episode proving that Palin's haters are dumber than she is.

Maybe we should start focusing on why this idiot in the White House is wrecking the U.S. economy? By the way, what happened to all the SoLowers who spent the whole 2008 campaign posting up and down this forum about how they worshipped Obama and found him so hot and sexy and cool? Did they lose their internet connections because of Obama's economy?

Last edited:
By the way, what happened to all the SoLowers who spent the whole 2008 campaign posting up and down this forum about how they worshipped Obama and found him so hot and sexy and cool? Did they lose their internet connections because of Obama's economy?

they are in FEMA camps.

Thanks for seeing I am just having fun, Theo.

I do think that Palin needs to be ignored for different reasons. One as you point out is that there are bigger issues that are much more critical than Donald Trump eating pizza with a fork.

Tags
lego my eggo
Back
Top Bottom