The Wrong Boy-Willy Russell

J

Johnny

I will be talking to the author of this wonderful Morrissey inspired book on 19th August.He is taking part in the Edinburgh International book Festival and has agreed to kindly let me bend his ear for a few moments beforehand.

I have some questions lined up but if anyone who has read it wants to suggest a question i will be nore than happy to ask it!!

Hi Johnny.. Excellent coup for you..

I'd like to find out his motivation, his influences, and what inspired him so much that his creative juices were kept flowing for as long as it took to write the book.. which could have been years..

But.. is this book really any good?.. I have heard different opinions on this matter. Largely negative. How would he handle that question?

Good luck..

> Hi Johnny.. Excellent coup for you..

> I'd like to find out his motivation, his influences, and what
> inspired him so much that his creative juices were kept flowing
> for as long as it took to write the book.. which could have been
> years..

> But.. is this book really any good?.. I have heard different
> opinions on this matter. Largely negative. How would he handle
> that question?

> Good luck..

I love the book.Morrissey fans can take themselves too seriously at times and I think there would be difficulty in transatlantic humour here.i.e I think the comedy that Russell embraces is VERY British and may not have the same impact on our friends across the water.

At the end of the day it was a labour of love dedicated to our Morrissey so I think we should applaud his bravery!

Questions noted though Ruffian.I shall do my best!

> I love the book.Morrissey fans can take themselves too seriously
> at times and I think there would be difficulty in transatlantic
> humour here.i.e I think the comedy that Russell embraces is VERY
> British and may not have the same impact on our friends across
> the water.

I absolutely loved every page of it too.
Erm ... well if you do meet Willy Russell, please congratulate him on my behalf for his first novel. Quite a read, quite a read!

Questions ... well they're not important, so if you find them interesting, feel free to use them.

- How liberating was his own writing experience? Or wasn't it? I can't tell as sometimes the funniest authors are extremely negative towards the writing experience as a whole (poor Douglas Adams!).

- why Doubleday as publisher, was there interest from others?

- what's the best question people ever asked Willy Russell?

> At the end of the day it was a labour of love dedicated to our
> Morrissey so I think we should applaud his bravery!

I believe it was written in a real Morrissey spirit. Applause? LOVE!

> Questions noted though Ruffian.I shall do my best!

Re: The Wrong Boy-Willy Russell - RE to Johnny too!

> I absolutely loved every page of it too.
> Erm ... well if you do meet Willy Russell, please congratulate
> him on my behalf for his first novel. Quite a read, quite a
> read!

Yes! I only started reading it this afternoon but I took in the first 150 pages within a few hours, being reduced to both tears and giggles many times......this is a truly wonderful book. The kind of book you just can't put away, and if you have to, you hurry up with your daily business just to be able to pick it up again.....

> I believe it was written in a real Morrissey spirit. Applause?
> LOVE!

Much of it......and my question would be, are all the discribed feelings and thoughts on Morrissey and the "morrisseyesque spirit" his own or something he observed on someone else?

Johnny, you're very lucky, I envy you for being able to meet this great author!

Back
Top Bottom