The Songs That Saved Your Life

D

Dirk McNasty

Just started reading it and I think it's very good. What does anyone else think? Full of good research. For instance, I never knew that the original lyric to There Is A Light was "there is a light in your eyes... that never goes out..."

> Just started reading it and I think it's very good. What does anyone else
> think? Full of good research. For instance, I never knew that the original
> lyric to There Is A Light was "there is a light in your eyes... that
> never goes out..."

Where do you live? It's not out here in Canada until December (i think) but I managed to get my hands on the unedited manuscript awhile back so I've been reading it here and there. I find it very interesting. There's lots of info that I never knew. This is definitely a great piece of referrence material. I can't wait to buy it. I don't really consider it a "sit down and read" type of book though.
The one part I found interesting was that Mike Joyce was moved to tears on stage one night while playing 'I Don't Owe You Anything'. I didn't know that. Very touching.
So far, I've only read up to #15 (Back To the Old House) Gesh -- only 67 more to go! lol

I just got my copy yesterday (free - cos I'm a press slut ha ha!). Yes, I think it's great - loads I didn't know. What about the missing verse from "Paint A Vulgar Picture"...

Anecdotes and stories
"Oh yes we were so close you know"
So why did the body lie for seven days
Before someone passed his way

... that's amazing! I'm not reading it start to finish, just dipping in so far. And "there is a light in your eyes and it never goes out" - that is so cool!

Re: I don't owe you anything

Really? 'I don't owe you anything'. Mike Joyce moved to tears. Was he moved by the song or perhaps had he just realised that he thought he should be paid more by Morrissey/ Marr?

> Where do you live? It's not out here in Canada until December (i think)
> but I managed to get my hands on the unedited manuscript awhile back so
> I've been reading it here and there. I find it very interesting. There's
> lots of info that I never knew. This is definitely a great piece of
> referrence material. I can't wait to buy it. I don't really consider it a
> "sit down and read" type of book though.
> The one part I found interesting was that Mike Joyce was moved to tears on
> stage one night while playing 'I Don't Owe You Anything'. I didn't know
> that. Very touching.
> So far, I've only read up to #15 (Back To the Old House) Gesh -- only 67
> more to go! lol

Re: I don't owe you anything - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Songs That Saved Your Life

Is it in the shops yet? I don't want to order from Amazon if I can just nip into Waterstones and get it within the hour. How much is it? Any nice pics?

Re: Songs That Saved Your Life

Actually, I got a review copy, so I don't know if it's out yet. But I really recommend it. He certainly knows his onions. I like the sound of the Strangeways Heavy Track, I'd love to hear that.

> Is it in the shops yet? I don't want to order from Amazon if I can just
> nip into Waterstones and get it within the hour. How much is it? Any nice
> pics?

Back
Top Bottom