The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 73: I JUST WANT TO SEE THE BOY HAPPY

How do you rate I Just Want To See The Boy Happy?

• Total voters
Is it any less "catchy" than First Of The Gang To Die?

I gave them both 9

Yes, it's much less catchy than First of the Gang To Die... but I wouldn't give First of the Gang a 9, myself. Still, it's a lofty work of art compared to "Boy Happy".

What is wrong with you people giving this song a 10????? A 10????? You honestly, seriously, think this song is as good as "I Know It's Over" or "There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" or "Reel Around The Fountain" or "Now My Heart Is Full" or "Nobody Loves Us"? What alternate reality do you live in? Is it the same one where Southpaw Grammar is Morrissey's best album and "Death At One's Elbows" is the greatest Smiths song?

This is easily one of the worst songs Morrissey has ever recorded. The lyrics are as slight as they get. (Does anyone else want to yell, "Nobody ever said it WAS a bad thing!" when he sings, "Why is this such a bad thing?") Morrissey talks about how he comes up with the titles first, then writes the song. Nowhere else is this more apparent then with this dud. "I Just Want To See The Boy Happy" = great song title. He just, as Elvis Costello once suggested, forgot to write the song.

IMHO, of course. ;-)

your opinion is on da $$$. ;)

Gave it a genorous 7.

It's not junk. It's not great.. surely not the most brilliant song ROTT has to offer, but still quite listenable.

I quite like the rather simple lyrics..

Back
Top Bottom