The Morrissey family

wolve

the sad punk
Just to say this:
it's quite peculiar that Morrissey never mentioned his family in his songs. Like, the departure of his father, it didn't leave him cold, did it? Are there family mentions (that I might have overseen) in songs?

wolve said:
Just to say this:
it's quite peculiar that Morrissey never mentioned his family in his songs. Like, the departure of his father, it didn't leave him cold, did it? Are there family mentions (that I might have overseen) in songs?

A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Our's.......

I said :
"Leave me alone
Because I'm alright, dad
Surprised to still
Be on my own..."

(A non-guitar track, did you know...?????)

wolve said:
Just to say this:
Break Up The Family?

Used To Be a Sweet Boy seems to be autobiographical and reference his father and Now My Heart Is Full seems to be half Brighton Rock half Morrissey household.

King Leer said:
Used To Be a Sweet Boy seems to be autobiographical and reference his father and Now My Heart Is Full seems to be half Brighton Rock half Morrissey household.

I agree king leer. How is a "Papa Jack"? When I listened the song, I thought Morrissey might be not able to forgive his father for leaving him...

And what about his sister? Or is that truly gossip?

Since none of us know his family, then everything is gossip.
Please please let's not lower the tone, it's been so nice here so far.

mimiko said:
I agree king leer. How is a "Papa Jack"? When I listened the song, I thought Morrissey might be not able to forgive his father for leaving him...

Mmm, I always took this song to be Morrissey singing about himself getting older and losing touch with his fans and how back in the old days "the kids reached up". Never thought of it as a family song, but it could be!

One thing I do know -- it's one of the most disliked tracks in the whole Moz catalogue. Not sure why...

There was a rumour that MOZ's sister and mum
were in the audience at the London Palladium on May 28th.

Back
Top Bottom