The List of Cancelled gigs??

Don't forget I did the ''MozTube'' in London January 2008:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

Was this after the Round House? Did you have fun? Did you get pissed? How many people came? Did you go to the Grave Maurice in Whitechapel? Sorry for all the questions.....

I'll update the list later:

16 May Glasgow (reschdulled 28 July)
18 June Austin, TX (venue decided cancel the gig)
22 June Nashville, TN
30 June Pittsburgh, PA
01 Nov UCLA, CA (riot haulted the gig)

27 June Glastonbury Festival (Morrissey pulled out)
09 Aug London, Madstock
24 Nov NY (fire department forced to hault the gig)

23 Nov Belfast

24 Nov Dublin
26 Nov Exeter
27 Nov Cardiff
29 Nov Aberdeen
30 Nov Glasgow
03 Dec Sheffield
04 Dec Sheffield
05 Dec Belfast
06 Dec Manchester
07 Dec New Castle
08 Dec Manchester
13 Dec Birmingham

29 July Minneapolis, MN

07 Oct Las Vegas, NV (due to Alain's back injury)
18 Oct Dresden, Germany (venue wasn't safe enough)

17 Feb Pittsburgh, PA (reason not stated)

01 Aug Fuji Rock Festival, Japan

11 June Isle of Wight Festival

26 June Boston, MA (haulted due to ill)
27 June Northampton, MA
29 June Philadelphia, PA (reschedulled 23 July)
30 June NY Madison Square Garden
03 July Baltimore, MD
05 July Atlantic City, NJ
06 July Holmdel, NJ
02 Oct Los Angels, CA
04 Oct Los Angels, CA
08 Nov Miami, FL

25-27 Jan London Roundhouse

28 Feb Boca Raton, FL
01 Mar Orlandoo, FL
03 Mar Jacksonsville, FL
04 Mar St Petersburg, FL
07 Mar Atlanta, GA
09 Mar Ashville, NC
18 Apr Oakland, CA

Was this after the Round House? Did you have fun? Did you get pissed? How many people came? Did you go to the Grave Maurice in Whitechapel? Sorry for all the questions.....

Yes it was on the Thursday (the rest day).
There was around 16 of us I recall. Got pissed afterwards at one of the pubs on Euston as I was on a train back to Manchester around 8pm.
Yes we went to the GM.
The best thing that happened was around 4pm and the tube was getting busy.... we had to change at one station..... two of the gang got seperated.... fortunately we were able to contact them once above ground and we met up at the last stop (Rock Garden). There were a few suspicions that the ''pair'' had kopped off..... and a fair bit of leg pulling when all back together......
Truth was they didn't ''get lost'' to kop off.....they genuinely were split up from us.... however.... after the trip they kept in touch and THEN they did kop off:sweet::love: and are still together to this day and I had my picture taken with them on the recent MozBus in Manchester:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

11 June Isle of Wight Festival

Does this one count? Morrissey says he never agreed to perform:confused:
Personally I refuse to believe that Morrissey and / or Management only found out about it two weeks before (tickets had been on sale for 4 months and ''exclusively revealed'' by XFM at the time etc):rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury

My list is mostly based on Stephane's excellent passionsjustlikemine.com.

Although Morrissey denied Isle of Wight Festival appearance, however, the festival was advertised Morrissey as one of the headlining acts.

Rogan's book says that the Smiths played at Huddersfield Poly in the early days - 23rd Nov 1983.

Stephane says it was cancelled due to a Top of the Pops performance.

Alas, he has never return to my home town :(

I don't think cancelling gigs is a new phenomenon for Morrissey - didn't vast swathes of a US tour get cancelled when Morrissey bottled it at the airport and went to hide at his mum's house?

Dave

Yes it was on the Thursday (the rest day).
There was around 16 of us I recall. Got pissed afterwards at one of the pubs on Euston as I was on a train back to Manchester around 8pm.
Yes we went to the GM.
The best thing that happened was around 4pm and the tube was getting busy.... we had to change at one station..... two of the gang got seperated.... fortunately we were able to contact them once above ground and we met up at the last stop (Rock Garden). There were a few suspicions that the ''pair'' had kopped off..... and a fair bit of leg pulling when all back together......
Truth was they didn't ''get lost'' to kop off.....they genuinely were split up from us.... however.... after the trip they kept in touch and THEN they did kop off:sweet::love: and are still together to this day and I had my picture taken with them on the recent MozBus in Manchester:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Saucy Bastards! Not another Morrissey couple?? Sounds like fun....er, When's the next tour?

Aye I went to that gig after buying tickets as Moz was supporting. Quite like Bowie but Outside wasn't exactly a golden period.

I saw him at Maine Road, 87, the Spider Tour.....
what a pile of shite..... everyone screaming for anything other than that shite album he was promoting..... think he did 'Rebel Rebel' and that was it all night:rolleyes:
Not seen him before or since.

Jukebox Jury

Does this one count? Morrissey says he never agreed to perform:confused:
Personally I refuse to believe that Morrissey and / or Management only found out about it two weeks before (tickets had been on sale for 4 months and ''exclusively revealed'' by XFM at the time etc):rolleyes:

Jukebox Jury
I always thought the same applied for the Glastonbury 1992 line-up - I was sure it was an unconfirmed booking?

The Lolapalooza organizers cancelled all dates because of poor ticket sales. I had tickets. Too bad, because it was a great lineup.

That particular summer was bad because of very high gasoline prices. Not Morrissey's fault of course, yet that didn't stop some here from blaming him completely for the cancellations.

Oh yeah, I'm going there.

Does anyone know- which gig was it that he cancelled because the venue used to be an abatoir? Or was that just a rumour? I only ask because my parents said something about him being notorious for cancelling gigs (they heard it on the news apparently) and that that was the reason for one, but I'm not sure whether it was a recent one. :rolleyes: Hmmm...

I'm fairly sure Isle of Wight was 2006. I went to it, mainly to see Moz!
Cost me £350 coming from Ireland and the bugger cancelled!

Travis were put in instead, and Fran forgot the lyrics to his own songs 4 times. Bad times!

I'm fairly sure Isle of Wight was 2006. I went to it, mainly to see Moz!
Cost me £350 coming from Ireland and the bugger cancelled!

Travis were put in instead, and Fran forgot the lyrics to his own songs 4 times. Bad times!

That must have sucked so much, I feel really sorry for everyone who's been cancelled on.

So that was the abatoir one then? Thanks, I wasn't sure. Just goes to show that I don't know as much as I sometimes like to think I do...:blushing: :D

Does anyone know- which gig was it that he cancelled because the venue used to be an abatoir? Or was that just a rumour? I only ask because my parents said something about him being notorious for cancelling gigs (they heard it on the news apparently) and that that was the reason for one, but I'm not sure whether it was a recent one. :rolleyes: Hmmm...

I might be wrong, but the gig at former abotoir wasn't cancelled.

I vaguely remember reading about it in passionsjustlikemine.com when I was searching some info, but don't remember the details.

Who really cares? The past is past....

Keeping a list of cancelled gigs seems (to me) totally pointless. How would that be of any use to anyone? :squiffy:

A list of reasons to whinge?

Anybody got a list of the gigs he hasn't canceled?

Back
Top Bottom