"The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown on EMI website

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

Out of interest, with the release of this issue, it pretty much means that the vault is empty as far as recorded unreleasable material goes.

P.

I don't think he'll see that as a problem: he's been releasing unreleasable material since, at least, 2004.

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

I don't think he'll see that as a problem: he's been releasing unreleasable material since, at least, 2004.

mariah-eyeroll.jpg

Re: Both new sleeves for re-rereleases shown on EMI Website

Rick Astley was an International Playboy? :squiffy:

A pity silly Bowie refused to be on the cover. Maybe Bowie thought Morrissey wanted to use it as it would help to promote the single, as Bowie is now everywhere because of his new album and the V&A exhibition. However, this one is quite good in black and white. They look like two lads from the 60s. I don't like Ricky's music, but who cares about that. This is not about Ricky, it's about a record cover and visually speaking looks just fine.

This is truly a low point! It's all so over.

I have ordered from Recordstore and it says that my order has been processed....not that I am overexcited about these releases but still.....

Cheers Moz

I have ordered from Recordstore and it says that my order has been processed....not that I am overexcited about these releases but still.....

Cheers Moz

My order has been processed since March 5th.

This appears to be the back site of the 7" Vinyl Single. At least , I myself have never seen it before....

Moz 7 Vinyl.JPG

Cheers Moz

This appears to be the back site of the 7" Vinyl Single. At least , I myself have never seen it before....

View attachment 15245

Cheers Moz

This is really cool. How is the sound quality of the b-sides? Same as debuted on Janice Long or properly mixed?

My copies of Kill Uncle and Playboys arrived this morning. Don't currently have a way of playing the picture disc, but the artwork is very nice. The CD single is the same remaster from Bona Drag; I'm not sure about Action, it sounds pretty good to me but I'm only playing it on laptop speakers, a true audiophile will be able to give a better impression. A bit disappointed with the Kill Uncle reissue, no liner notes or booklet or anything, just the disc and the new artwork (which is pretty horrendous in my eyes!). Still, I can listen to Mute Witness in beautiful remastered glory, so I'm happy!

According to the CD single and 7" picture disc sleeve notes the BBC session tracks, recorded 10th June and broadcast 15th of June 2011, were produced by Mark Plant, but 'Mastered by Emily Lazar & Joe LaPorta at The Lodge'. A full-volume 'Action' sounded pretty good to these ears; not as gargantuan as 'Playboys' but one can't have everything.

And no matrix messages on any of the vinyls :(

According to the CD single and 7" picture disc sleeve notes the BBC session tracks, recorded 10th June and broadcast 15th of June 2011, were produced by Mark Plant, but 'Mastered by Emily Lazar & Joe LaPorta at The Lodge'. A full-volume 'Action' sounded pretty good to these ears; not as gargantuan as 'Playboys' but one can't have everything.

And no matrix messages on any of the vinyls :(

joe, you should send a message to TTY.
Ask Julia to get the answer from Morrissey the reason for no matrix message on the vinyls.

joe, you should send a message to TTY.
Ask Julia to get the answer from Morrissey the reason for no matrix message on the vinyls.

If I was ever going to ask Julia to ask Morrissey a question it would be something a whole lot juicier than that ;)

If I was ever going to ask Julia to ask Morrissey a question it would be something a whole lot juicier than that ;)

If you'd wanted to ask Morrissey a question, you should have posted it on followingthemozziah.blogspot.com where a load of other people have posted questions for Moz and are currently awaiting reply.

If you'd wanted to ask Morrissey a question, you should have posted it on followingthemozziah.blogspot.com where a load of other people have posted questions for Moz and are currently awaiting reply.

tumblr_m83ae1wZbd1rrg6q0o1_500.gif

femjx1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom