The Kid's a Looker

G

goinghome

This song, The Kid's a Looker, has an ethereal voodoo feel about it, to my ears, and is also reminiscent of Sparks' detached brash statements. It has the most to offer in terms of innovation and social comment, I think, of the recent three.

A new album from Barry Manilow has just been released, '15 Minutes', a concept album based entirely on this theme of the consequences of the fame grab, and it's already a bestseller - http://www.emusicality.com/2011/06/barry-manilow-15-minutes-album-scores.html

I bet none of his tracks sum it up like Morrissey does :guitar:-

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. I love this song now. Only slightly much more than I used to.

What do you mean "innovation and social comment"? The band sounds like absolute shit, and the singer is a middle-aged. graying-haired man going on about...what? American Idol? Justin Beiber? WHO THE f*** CARES! The band has nothing to offer at all but yet another by the number lousy piece of music, and the singer has nothing to say that I care about. This is a waste of time. LA LA LA LALA LA LA LALALA LA -- oh wow, what innovation to throw some video game sound effects in to try and dress it up! This is just pathetic. Boz Boorer - your belly's too big, and it's time for you to retire. Morrissey - what happened? You're seriously trying to pass this garbage off on us? This song is actually worse than what it attacks, which makes it a major fail.

And, btw, Morrissey's interviews these days are boring too. Maybe he's just become an airhead?

No, I won't say Morrissey has lost it yet. I think he clings to a band that is garbage and doesn't inspire him. He needs to fire them immediately or he's finished.

No, I won't say Morrissey has lost it yet. I think he clings to a band that is garbage and doesn't inspire him. He needs to fire them immediately or he's finished.

I agree. If you're handed these songs as instumental demos, I don't see how you could truly be inspired to write great lyrics for them.

Back
Top Bottom