The Brown album is currently at #17 on Amazon

Song might have been this one referred to here: Briana Corrigan

Corrigan left the band in 1992 to pursue a solo career. The decision was driven by a desire to record her own work and partly by ethical disagreements with some of Heaton's lyrics, particularly songs such as "36D", which criticized British glamour models and the industry that employed them.

I don't know the song as I don't listen to lift music, or in store shopping stuff.

OMG.

'You cheapen & you nasty every woman in the land, but you're so handy.'

It sounds very pretty, but that's a proper hate song.

OMG.

'You cheapen & you nasty every woman in the land, but you're so handy.'

It sounds very pretty, but that's a proper hate song.

Close your legs, open your mind
Leave those compliments well behind
Dig a little deeper into yourself
And you may find
Come over here just sit right down
Needn't comb your hair, needn't pout or frown
I hear you've turned our young men
Into dribbling clowns
36D so what (D) so what
Is that all that you've got?
36D so what (D) so what
Make their day and go ahead
Remove your clothes lie on their bed
Just a last gasp chance or an outside bet
To the easily led
And before you do just what you do
Here' one thought for you to chew
The men who run the business that you sell
They screw you too
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
You're just another 365 night stand
But you're so handy, you're so handy
You cheapen and you nasty every woman in this land
Your picture's hanging pretty on the squaddies' walls
You're Steven's, Andy's, you're Ian's, you're Paul's
Your body's through of fondly in the rugby mauls
But you want more
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
He was trying to save his job
He was, he was trying to save his job.

Close your legs, open your mind
Leave those compliments well behind
Dig a little deeper into yourself
And you may find
Come over here just sit right down
Needn't comb your hair, needn't pout or frown
I hear you've turned our young men
Into dribbling clowns
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
Make their day and go ahead
Remove your clothes lie on their bed
Just a last gasp chance or an outside bet
To the easily led
And before you do just what you do
Here' one thought for you to chew
The men who run the business that you sell
They screw you too
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
You're just another 365 night stand
You cheapen and you nasty every woman in this land
Your picture's hanging pretty on the squaddies' walls
You're Steven's, Andy's, you're Ian's, you're Paul's
Your body's through of fondly in the rugby mauls
But you want more
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
36D so what (D) so what
He was trying to save his job
He was, he was trying to save his job.

So how come Moz will say something controversial & it will follow him everywhere he goes forever... but Paul Heaton writes a song The Yorkshire Ripper would agree with, a song so sexist that a woman left his band & nothing. Tumbleweed. Not a dent in his image or career????

They didn't even care that the lead singer of The Fall was drunk & horrible about Syrian refugees. So even things they deem racist get a pass if it's not Morrissey.

Why???????

So how come Moz will say something controversial & it will follow him everywhere he goes forever... but Paul Heaton writes a song The Yorkshire Ripper would agree with, a song so sexist that a woman left his band & nothing. Tumbleweed. Not a dent in his image or career????

They didn't even care that the lead singer of The Fall was drunk & horrible about Syrian refugees. So even things they deem racist get a pass if it's not Morrissey.

Why???????

Well, the first one is a 'nothing'.
The second one is dead.
Moz is huge....so which target would you go for, if you were in the press and wanted clicks?

Number 4 in best sellers
Screenshot_20200318-132554_Chrome.jpg

Well, the first one is a 'nothing'.
The second one is dead.
Moz is huge....so which target would you go for, if you were in the press and wanted clicks?

You're right, that's true. It's a compliment in a horrifying way.

I despise them for it though. I'll be using it as evidence of their intolerance, stupidity & hypocrisy every chance I get. ?

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Why???????
Thing is Morrissey isn't controversial he only voices an opinion. Unfortunately the snowflakes tag it as controversial and the circus begins again.
As for 36D it's a decent pop song with a message but come on it's pretty tame, it got plenty airplay back in the day, don't be offended over very little and become a snowflake too.

Thing is Morrissey isn't controversial he only voices an opinion. Unfortunately the snowflakes tag it as controversial and the circus begins again.
As for 36D it's a decent pop song with a message but come on it's pretty tame, it got plenty airplay back in the day, don't be offended over very little and become a snowflake too.

I'm not offended! I'm just amazed it didn't cause any kind of controversy then or now - when a woman left his band because of it & it was released in the same year Morrissey was demonised for holding a Union Jack.

I'm not offended! I'm just amazed it didn't cause any kind of controversy then or now - when a woman left his band because of it & it was released in the same year Morrissey was demonised for holding a Union Jack.
It didn't cause controversy because it's not controversial, The Beautiful South had an edge to their songs but nothing that would dent their reputation. Morrissey flying the flag was again a nothing 'thing' that was blown out of proportion by an NME article that should never have made it by the Editor.

It didn't cause controversy because it's not controversial, The Beautiful South had an edge to their songs but nothing that would dent their reputation. Morrissey flying the flag was again a nothing 'thing' that was blown out of proportion by an NME article that should never have made it by the Editor.

I agree it should never have been printed.

@Anyone that's preordered that Longpigs album; Cancel your preorder please and get Morrissey back to number 1!!!

I mean, Longpigs had one good song; She Said. That's it! So cancel it!!! ?

Well, maybe we should all just give up trying to do anything then!

Just imagine if it was! Not just on Amazon but Billboard too! :)

Not going to happen end of, do some research to see why not! Although he could always lie again as he did with California Son, claiming it was his highest charting US album ever, when it actually landed at number 95?

Back
Top Bottom