"Studio in Session" recorded in July 2011 in-flight, on Canadian Super Channel

Yup! I've heard of it, it's called "Studio in Session". I made a thread about it a few months ago but apparently nobody knew anything, there was only one reply and then it was forgotten forever. It's available to watch a few places online if you have a subscription to a certain cable channel in Canada.

54498434.jpg

There's a link to watch it online here. And another one here and here. I've been hoping somebody would come around who could watch it and perhaps post it online for everyone to see, but nobody has yet... maybe this time there'll be some luck. I'm interested in seeing it, anyway.

Thanks for the info! I was wondering what he'd play on it.

This is ridiculous, I signed up for the Rogers TV anyplace (free) I see the link with a beautiful screen cap & when I click on it tells me I have to be in Canada. There has to be a way to fool the site into thinking I am coming through a Canada IP address (I googled but links seem sketchy)? I am not very technical but this can be done? Does someone have a link to do this & if so can you explain this to a technically challenged person?

It doesn't matter if you sign up for free and fool the site that you're in Canada...the Studio In Session episode requires you to be a subscriber, which means you must be a paying customer.

It doesn't matter if you sign up for free and fool the site that you're in Canada...the Studio In Session episode requires you to be a subscriber, which means you must be a paying customer.

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

Tony Visconti (to Morrissey): "The gong is going to be an overdub. Do you want to hit it?"

Morrissey: "No, I never lower myself to the position of musician." (chuckles)

Tony: "But I've seen you hit the gong before!"

Morrissey: "Only once. But it wasn't recorded."

So I guess his view point on musicians has not changed too much. Still 'lawnmower parts' to him. That's sad. These are the people who back him, add the flavor of music to his lyrics. Even if said jokingly, it wasn't funny. Poor taste, poor form. Could be he's a bit jealous that HE can't play an instrument?

Listen again - I heard it that he says He "wouldn't lower himself to percussion"

Tony Visconti (to Morrissey): "The gong is going to be an overdub. Do you want to hit it?"

Morrissey: "No, I never lower myself to the position of musician." (chuckles)

Tony: "But I've seen you hit the gong before!"

Morrissey: "Only once. But it wasn't recorded."

So I guess his view point on musicians has not changed too much. Still 'lawnmower parts' to him. That's sad. These are the people who back him, add the flavor of music to his lyrics. Even if said jokingly, it wasn't funny. Poor taste, poor form. Could be he's a bit jealous that HE can't play an instrument?

And to add a bit more on this, this film shows that Morrissey does respect his mucisians.

Tony V asks Morrissey if he would like to get straight into the next song or take a break - he is open minded but asks his band. They all shrug their shoulders and Solomon is the only one who expresses an opinion - which Morrissey has a joke at but they do what Solomon wants. The whole film shows Morrissey working well with the band.

Even the clip where Morrissey is being fanned by the hair stylist. Morrissey is joking by saying "Faster, faster" but he thanks him and then joins the rest of the band.

It shows Morrissey in a very good light. You should all see it! Now, back to the point of the thread!

And to add a bit more on this, this film shows that Morrissey does respect his mucisians.

Tony V asks Morrissey if he would like to get straight into the next song or take a break - he is open minded but asks his band. They all shrug their shoulders and Solomon is the only one who expresses an opinion - which Morrissey has a joke at but they do what Solomon wants. The whole film shows Morrissey working well with the band.

Even the clip where Morrissey is being fanned by the hair stylist. Morrissey is joking by saying "Faster, faster" but he thanks him and then joins the rest of the band.

It shows Morrissey in a very good light. You should all see it! Now, back to the point of the thread!

But how, Stux ? How ?

It would be nice to read some more bit and pieces if you have them in mind...

Back
Top Bottom