Stuart Staples

jetboyla

So i just recently discovered Stuart Staples on this message board, and have become very fond of his music. I want to know more about him, but his website is very uninformative, and I found another site for Tindersticks, which I am assiming is a band he is in. Does anyone have anymore info on him? What is your favorite album? Where is he from? Is he still alive? Any info is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Stuart Staples is very much alive. He just released an album, and if you buy the US version, it has both his cd's in one convenient package.

He is the lead singer of The Tindersticks. Their best album is their second one, the blue/white one. The first two albums are both eponymous. The third album, Curtains is okay, and I lost interest after that.

He used to be in a band called Asphalt Ribbons a long time ago, who sounded like The Charlatans.

The first time I saw them Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields opened up, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Tindersticks I and Tindersticks II are ESSENTIAL albums. They're really one of the best pieces in music history.

Staples has released only two solo albums "Lucky Dog Recordings" and "Leaving Songs"; the former I once posted a while ago and the latter being slightly better (in my opinion).

Stuart Staples is very much alive. He just released an album, and if you buy the US version, it has both his cd's in one convenient package.

He is the lead singer of The Tindersticks. Their best album is their second one, the blue/white one. The first two albums are both eponymous. The third album, Curtains is okay, and I lost interest after that.

He used to be in a band called Asphalt Ribbons a long time ago, who sounded like The Charlatans.

The first time I saw them Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields opened up, and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
Curtains is not "okay", it's great. As are the first two. But their later albums are far weaker.

Their soundtrack for "Trouble Every Day" is very good, too.

Back
Top Bottom