sons and daughters new lp...

slantedenchanted

I found this elsewhere a little while ago. What an absolutely fantastic album it is aswell. Apart from the single, which was great, my favourites are Split Lips, The Bell and House in my Head :)

House in my Head is amazing. Think I'll be good and wait for the album proper, these guys need the support!

the title track is my favourite so far!

IT'S taken a saint's patience not to rush the doors at Bernard Butler's London hideaway and insist on access to the mixing desk containing the embryonic tunes on Sons and Daughters third album.

But we waited. Two years, seven months we twiddled our thumbs. Until finally, This Gift emerged and rewarded us handsomely. It's the Glaswegian group's finest album yet; they're louder, angrier... and clutching a library card.

Removed from the dramas of her kitchen sink life, frontwoman Adele Bethel finds herself empathising with Sylvia Plath and trashing contemporary culture. Perhaps her time on tour with Morrissey had more of an influence than she thought? Or perhaps it's what we suspected all along: that Sons and Daughters have finally come of age.

If you buy the CD you get a live CD - only 6 tracks BUT one is a fantastic version of S&D classic "Johnny Cash" with a little bit of the Stooges "I Wanna Be Your Dog" thrown in for good measure.

Remember she's a Woomble.

Removed from the dramas of her kitchen sink life, frontwoman Adele Bethel finds herself empathising with Sylvia Plath and trashing contemporary culture..

Kitchen sink life??!?

When we were in our teens, Adele lived round the corner from me in Bothwell's most desirable area (two streets down from Henrik Larsson's house and less than 50 yards from Joe Beltrami's front door.)

Trust me, "kitchen sink life" is nowhere near the mark.

If I'd known she liked Moz I woulda been more friendly, but her and her boyfriend only liked Led Zeppelin.

Back
Top Bottom