So how old's everyone??

Alright mate

I really enjoyed that night with the healers.Do you rate them i taught
they were decent.I was in the middle of the crowd near the front about 3 or 4 people from the front.Red stone island jacket.

I do recall seeing a morrissey t shirt at the gig.Do you travel to a lot of the shows??i always go to as many as possible.I go with about 4 or 5 mates from brum,keep in touch maybe we could get a good crowd together for the next tour.

I am a big morrissey fan but most of my mates like him because of me.I collect a lot of morrissey stuff records,tapes,videos etc
i also have a lot of smiths rare items etc.Any thing you after if i got it i will send it you.

It would be decent to meet other like minded morrissey fans if you behave you could even meet punchdrunk.He was at the healers gig but as rumour had it he got very drunk and was thrown out of the club afterwards.HE was there but he didnt get thrown out.

> hi smiler,
> i did go the colloseum yes to see Johnny marr and it was a great
> night.But if you was there why didnt you say hello? I was on my
> own and i was the only one there wearing a Morrissey tshirt
> which i felt quite daft wearing in the end!
> You are quite right about Hillfields though not a very nice area
> at all ,its well known as a red light area and also the scene of
> many murders over the years !! in other words pretty scary.
> I dont live near the city ground fortunatley, i live in the bell
> green area which is ok.
> I dont know any Morrissey fans in Coventry but im sure there
> must be some.

> Ok, so it's become quite obvious recently that everyone's pretty
> bored.... there's people insulting each other publicly, posting
> rumours or unfunny jokes (or is my German born lack of humour
> the problem?? ).

> Let's have some truth and seriousness for a change. I was
> wondering how old everyone was... Though it's very unlikely to
> be but most people here behave like nine year olds and that
> includes myself. But I'll make a start - I'm really 25. As for
> other childish impulses of mine: I love cartoons (The Simpsons
> and The Peanuts are my favourite, such wisdom in it) , Harry
> Potter, radio plays and I wouldn't even bother trying to start
> the day without a glass of buttermilk. Also my place it
> plastered with stuff of some quiffed Manchester lad - just as
> bad as back in the days when I was into a-ha.

> Now I don't consider that childish but certain people I know do.

> My starsign's Aquarius, maybe that explains a bit......

> So how about you??????

I'm 29 and I live so far away from you all, in south america. I am a lonely person, but I really love those silent moments, when I read some poems, I can paint, I enjoy swimming in a river with a wonderful pure bright water wich comes from the higher mountain of my state. My dog did faint yesterday night... she is sick and I feel she will not be here for a long time. Things are changeing in my life and I don't like. I really listen to The Smiths and Morrissey a lot. Sometimes I also listen to Elvis and Roy Orbison. I consider myself as a very discret man, and sometimes very shy, so it can be a problem when you want to find new friends or a girlfriend. They say that I am a peaceful guy, but I feel I have a devil inside. I can't stand violence against animals or people. My favorite cartoon is "cow and chicken", but I don't see much wisdom there. I'm going to US, where I will meet a friend and search for some galleries. I live the moment... I don't care the past and the future is not here, so let it be. Sometimes I can smile but, for some reason, I'm not that type of man who smiles so easy, and I feel that I am a little sad inside. A sad man with dreams... Somnium is an acient latin word wich means "dreams"...

About Mimi: She is the most charming girl of this place...

> I'm 29 and I live so far away from you all, in south america. I
> am a lonely person, but I really love those silent moments, when
> I read some poems, I can paint, I enjoy swimming in a river with
> a wonderful pure bright water wich comes from the higher
> mountain of my state. My dog did faint yesterday night... she is
> sick and I feel she will not be here for a long time. Things are
> changeing in my life and I don't like. I really listen to The
> Smiths and Morrissey a lot. Sometimes I also listen to Elvis and
> Roy Orbison. I consider myself as a very discret man, and
> sometimes very shy, so it can be a problem when you want to find
> new friends or a girlfriend. They say that I am a peaceful guy,
> but I feel I have a devil inside. I can't stand violence against
> animals or people. My favorite cartoon is "cow and
> chicken", but I don't see much wisdom there. I'm going to
> US, where I will meet a friend and search for some galleries. I
> live the moment... I don't care the past and the future is not
> here, so let it be. Sometimes I can smile but, for some reason,
> I'm not that type of man who smiles so easy, and I feel that I
> am a little sad inside. A sad man with dreams... Somnium is an
> acient latin word wich means "dreams"...

> About Mimi: She is the most charming girl of this place...

wow, everone is old.
im 17.

> wow, everone is old.
> im 17.

yes, and what? about 11 when Vauxhall came out? i was 19.

Life is incredibly short, and the funny thing is, it passes much quicker once you leave school. You don't have all of those exciting "what will the next school year be like?" milestones such as your first date and homecoming dances to look forward to and drag out the time. you've already done all of the interesting things and it all melds into one mess. unless you're going to be president, it all goes downhill from here.

oh, i lied. college is also interesting because you have the big step of leaving home. i'm in such dire envy of the freshmen wandering around campus and unloading into the dorms that i just don't know what.

Personally, i would like to stay 23 the rest of my life. what a great age. you're old enough to piece your life together in the way you want it, yet young enough to go out and have fun non-stop. that, and nobody starts eyeing you and wondering where their grandchildren are, or why you're not CEO of a major corporation...well, some people at least feel this way because some people are realistic. sure, i'm 25 and that's not technically many years seperating the two ages, but it's just enough to where you begin to notice that you've been on the outside for too long. they start putting you in different age demographics. however, I really don't miss being 17, either. what a crappy age.

> I'm 29 and I live so far away from you all, in south america. I
> am a lonely person, but I really love those silent moments, when
> I read some poems, I can paint, I enjoy swimming in a river with
> a wonderful pure bright water wich comes from the higher
> mountain of my state. My dog did faint yesterday night... she is
> sick and I feel she will not be here for a long time. Things are
> changeing in my life and I don't like. I really listen to The
> Smiths and Morrissey a lot. Sometimes I also listen to Elvis and
> Roy Orbison. I consider myself as a very discret man, and
> sometimes very shy, so it can be a problem when you want to find
> new friends or a girlfriend. They say that I am a peaceful guy,
> but I feel I have a devil inside. I can't stand violence against
> animals or people. My favorite cartoon is "cow and
> chicken", but I don't see much wisdom there. I'm going to
> US, where I will meet a friend and search for some galleries. I
> live the moment... I don't care the past and the future is not
> here, so let it be. Sometimes I can smile but, for some reason,
> I'm not that type of man who smiles so easy, and I feel that I
> am a little sad inside. A sad man with dreams... Somnium is an
> acient latin word wich means "dreams"...

> About Mimi: She is the most charming girl of this place...

(Blushing....) :)

I get the impression that you think your sadness and peacefulness is a problem, but it's not. It's just part of your character and people who don't accept you like that are just not worth your time. Finding friends is always hard if you have some demands as to what friends should be like. I only have a handful of good ones but they are the greatest treasure of my life.

I was very much like you but discovering Morrissey and especially doing the tour made me lighten up for some reason. I find it easier to smile or even laugh because he's fighting all battles for me.

I also have a tale or two to tell about trying to make a living with art. But you should never give up as I know you're a great painter and I believe all talent is recognised sooner or later. Those dreams are more difficult to realise but all the more wonderful when they come true - cos if your dream is getting a good job at a bank you go to uni and afterwards you're very likely to get it. When you're a painter or musician you have to struggle to make people believe in you. But others managed, and so will we.

I'm sorry about your dog, I have a cat who's 12 and I don't even want to think about the day when it dies.

I know this is a terrible phrase but try to lighten up a bit - life's not really that terrible. It can be at moments but generally it's not.

> yes, and what? about 11 when Vauxhall came out? i was 19.

> Life is incredibly short, and the funny thing is, it passes much
> quicker once you leave school. You don't have all of those
> exciting "what will the next school year be like?"
> milestones such as your first date and homecoming dances to look
> forward to and drag out the time. you've already done all of the
> interesting things and it all melds into one mess. unless you're
> going to be president, it all goes downhill from here.

That's sadly true....a teacher of mine once came up with a mathematical explanation as to why time seems to pass by much faster the older you get: when you're one year old one year is all your life, when you're 2 one year is only half your life etc..... I think that's quite logical.

> Personally, i would like to stay 23 the rest of my life. what a
> great age. you're old enough to piece your life together in the
> way you want it, yet young enough to go out and have fun
> non-stop. that, and nobody starts eyeing you and wondering where
> their grandchildren are, or why you're not CEO of a major
> corporation...well, some people at least feel this way because
> some people are realistic. sure, i'm 25 and that's not
> technically many years seperating the two ages, but it's just
> enough to where you begin to notice that you've been on the
> outside for too long. they start putting you in different age
> demographics. however, I really don't miss being 17, either.
> what a crappy age.

I'd love to be 16 again but with the experience and skills that I have now. And then I'd do some things differently but not much. Funnily enough I recall 23 as being the most careless age aswell. Now at 25 it's not a problem for me how others view me, but sometimes I get angry with myself because I haven't put my life in order a bit more by now. I suddenly start putting myself under pressure because there's certain things I have to do now in order to be able to other things in a few years time, such as have kids.

I have older friens and siblings which helps. Hearing them moan over how old they are and how much they'd like to still be a baby like me is very refreshing.

Whoa!

> wow, everone is old.
> im 17.

Wow, everyone is young!

I'm 41! I'm a former professional musician who has loved the Smiths since 1986. Now I'm teaching music in the public schools and still listening to the Smiths and Morrissey whenever possible(like right now as I type). I still think of myself as being about 20 years old... maybe I'll never really "grow up". My life was carefree and happy then... now I have so many responsibilities and dissappointments to live with... well enough of that ! Enjoy your youth and live your dreams while you still can!

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...

> (Blushing....) :)

You know it's true...

> I get the impression that you think your sadness and
> peacefulness is a problem, but it's not. It's just part of your
> character and people who don't accept you like that are just not
> worth your time. Finding friends is always hard if you have some
> demands as to what friends should be like. I only have a handful
> of good ones but they are the greatest treasure of my life.

Interesting, you mention "the greatest treasure of my life"... Yes, this is what I feel when I remeber those nice people who really care and they are often there to give us their shoulder. Those are our friends, for the good and the bad... they will be there open arms...

> I was very much like you but discovering Morrissey and
> especially doing the tour made me lighten up for some reason. I
> find it easier to smile or even laugh because he's fighting all
> battles for me.

so nice !!! Actually, for me it's like that song: "But there was a time, when the kids reached up..." My town can not give me more, and I need to be strong and say good bye and don't look back. Well, I'm more self confident now, more then before (hmmm, I'm 29... that sounds...ugh !!!)... I simply do not see the ghosts anymore, and there is a special thing about my american friends... they are really nice, friendly people, like us here. I am not able to say about the americans and would not be able to judge them, but they have so many things in common with us here.

> I also have a tale or two to tell about trying to make a living
> with art. But you should never give up as I know you're a great
> painter and I believe all talent is recognised sooner or later.
> Those dreams are more difficult to realise but all the more
> wonderful when they come true - cos if your dream is getting a
> good job at a bank you go to uni and afterwards you're very
> likely to get it. When you're a painter or musician you have to
> struggle to make people believe in you. But others managed, and
> so will we.

Yes, I know, and being a sucsessful painter takes more time. I mean, if a band comes with a great hit and go to the top of the list, they will receive some glory... but when you paint, you are "often" fighteing and looking for this or that. Anyway, I am strong as a rock, and I will go on... ..."YOUR TIME HAS COME, TO SHINE"...

> I'm sorry about your dog, I have a cat who's 12 and I don't even
> want to think about the day when it dies.

A friend from Maryland sent me a very touching message today, and he said he will pray for my dog... well, her heart is too old, and there is nothing to do. ...sorry about your cat.

> I know this is a terrible phrase but try to lighten up a bit -
> life's not really that terrible. It can be at moments but
> generally it's not.

WALK ON THROUGH THE RAIN, MIMI... AND YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE...

oh jesus... why don't you talk to me??? I think of you when the night is cold and dark...a-ha...yeaaaaaahh...

> That's sadly true....a teacher of mine once came up with a
> mathematical explanation as to why time seems to pass by much
> faster the older you get: when you're one year old one year is
> all your life, when you're 2 one year is only half your life
> etc..... I think that's quite logical.

or when you're about 8 and have no concept of school ever ending, or thinking you'll be married when you're 20 because you would be an old person by that point, and all the older people are married because that's what older people do.

> I'd love to be 16 again but with the experience and skills that
> I have now. And then I'd do some things differently but not
> much. Funnily enough I recall 23 as being the most careless age
> aswell. Now at 25 it's not a problem for me how others view me,
> but sometimes I get angry with myself because I haven't put my
> life in order a bit more by now. I suddenly start putting myself
> under pressure because there's certain things I have to do now
> in order to be able to other things in a few years time, such as
> have kids.

oh, you mean finding someone who won't dump you when they find out you're pregnant?

the concept on my end seems strange. on one hand, i know people younger than me that are in a big rush and are getting married and pressuring their boyfriends, or they are sizing up their "are they going anywhere in life?" quotient...which is left for the ones in their mid to late twenties coz the younger ones don't really know anything outside of working for Whataburger, or they have done the deed and are supposedly living happily ever after, and i can see it for them, but at this point, i can't really imagine myself arriving to that point...in reality. i actually feel more odd showing up somewhere with a date than not....so i don't even think about the rest of it.

i'm glad we live in an era where we have birth control. how cruel sex was back then, when you wanted it, but the consequences were miserable with having about 14 kids and all that you just went bleugh and had to think REALLY hard about whether it was worth it or not.

oh, but even that looks bad if you have a baby the yuppie way where your car and house are filled with doohickies to make little Johnny learn how to read at the age of 3 weeks in some dire need to fill that void of when you were rejected from Yale, or you buy a minivan and be a soccer mom...or actually wish that you were a soccer mom which is very frightening in itself.

> I have older friens and siblings which helps. Hearing them moan
> over how old they are and how much they'd like to still be a
> baby like me is very refreshing.

it's all relative. i know in a few years i'll moan over how i wish i was 25 again, but i still don't really enjoy where i'm at.

I like your style

On the male side of things, the minivan is now a tool. He's saving up for a sports car and fwa-bam! his girl is pregnant. "I want a minivan," cries the newlywed. Now you have some speed freak trapped in the body of a minivan-driving poppa. It is really amazing what those things can do on the freeway. 90mph in an average traffic speed of 60. Damn can those guys can weave. Age 30, minivan has door dents and the front driver's side bumper is impacted, but the headlight works. Age 40, he gets his ear pierced and leaves his wife for a waitress who was just being nice to him. Collects his money and buys that sporty red trans-am that once was so fresh in his mind. Impregnates the waitress. Age 45, married again, back to point A. 6 a.m. in the garage with the engine of the trans-am spewing fumes into the respiratory system of the psycho minivan driver. I hate minivans. Soccer mom's, on the other hand, are mostly admirable. There has to be a balance of good and evil or there is chaos.

Re: I like your style

But you've left out the years in between:

Clingy, possessive guy, who can't leave his girl friend alone for two minutes in terror that some other guy might actually look at her and assume that she might be single, doesn't have to do much to convince his girlfriend to marry him. She's tired of dating and is willing to gloss over his co-dependent personality traits.

She, stupid and in love, is the only steady working member of the family. No, he may not be an alcoholic, but he can't fully find the motivation to do a passable job at work, and consistantly gets canned on the job. She comes home from work and finds him and his friends sitting around watching TV.

He whines, "honey, we're hungry. Fix us some dinner."

"Ok, i'll put a pizza in the oven."

"No, we wanted Chicken Fried Steaks."

And not once in the hour that she spends in the kitchen does he got off his ass to open a can of green beans. he and his friends are watching the World Wrestling Federation, and he glows in self pride that he has a personal maid he can order around.

The baby comes, and thank God, because at least she has come up with a good excuse why she shouldn't leave him. She might have a loser of a husband, but she throws herself entirely into her parenting to the point where their only son is too whiney and bratty for most of the regular populace to be in the same room with him. He gets everything he wants and she spends three fourths of her thirties sitting in a minivan taking him to his little league practice, the high dollar private school, and driving to the second job to be able to afford all of this.

The husband, then bored, decides that it's time to relive his childhood. There's nobody around the house because she's always gone, and that's where he finds the waitress...

Re: I like your style

Ahhh, the waitress. She's in for a thrill. I sincerely hope you have a very wicked imagination. I wouldn't wish this on any female, although, with guys getting smarter, and all, these days, women are gonna have fine tune the jerk alert. I'm sure it's hard enough as it is. Well, I don't wanna sound like the sensative male here, so I'm gonna grab a beer and say cuss words. Thanks for playing 'house' wit me

> But you've left out the years in between:

> Clingy, possessive guy, who can't leave his girl friend alone
> for two minutes in terror that some other guy might actually
> look at her and assume that she might be single, doesn't have to
> do much to convince his girlfriend to marry him. She's tired of
> dating and is willing to gloss over his co-dependent personality
> traits.

> She, stupid and in love, is the only steady working member of
> the family. No, he may not be an alcoholic, but he can't fully
> find the motivation to do a passable job at work, and
> consistantly gets canned on the job. She comes home from work
> and finds him and his friends sitting around watching TV.

> He whines, "honey, we're hungry. Fix us some dinner."

> "Ok, i'll put a pizza in the oven."

> "No, we wanted Chicken Fried Steaks."

> And not once in the hour that she spends in the kitchen does he
> got off his ass to open a can of green beans. he and his friends
> are watching the World Wrestling Federation, and he glows in
> self pride that he has a personal maid he can order around.

> The baby comes, and thank God, because at least she has come up
> with a good excuse why she shouldn't leave him. She might have a
> loser of a husband, but she throws herself entirely into her
> parenting to the point where their only son is too whiney and
> bratty for most of the regular populace to be in the same room
> with him. He gets everything he wants and she spends three
> fourths of her thirties sitting in a minivan taking him to his
> little league practice, the high dollar private school, and
> driving to the second job to be able to afford all of this.

> The husband, then bored, decides that it's time to relive his
> childhood. There's nobody around the house because she's always
> gone, and that's where he finds the waitress...

Back
Top Bottom