skin storm (and other covers)

french_fry

Has anyone heard the original version of "Skin Storm" by Bradford? My god it's so awful. The singer's accent is so thick, he sounds like he's retarded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNo5egH3gWY

So for some more opinionated remarks:

Morrissey's least successful cover: Street Life (Roxy Music) - just listen to it
Favorite cover of a Morrissey song: I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday (David Bowie) - Hurts to say that I like this better than Moz's version
Morrissey's best cover: Moon River
and I almost forgot: I Want a Boy for My Birthday (The Cookies) - for the ~12 seconds of it that I've heard.. will this ever get released?

I'd never heard this. It's nice enough. Morrissey didn't add much really - quite a straight cover, which, again, is nice enough. Your comments about accent and people sounding "retarded" are counterproductive, I think. You put yourself in an odd position.

My favorite covers are "That's Entertainment" (both the studio and live versions) by Morrissey and "What's The World?" by The Smiths.

Morrissey's Smiths covers aren't bad, either. :)

I really hope that Morrissey releases that covers album, he's mentioned that I'd love to do, before he retires!

Back
Top Bottom