Site display issues

Light Housework

"He knows I'd love to see him happy,..."
This is what I see, even after restarting my laptop, in lieu of YouTube videos.
Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 2.25.44 PM.png

Does YouTube work normally? Seems like a browser issue, can you try a different one?

Yes it's always worked fine. I don't know how to get a different browser on my apple laptop. Apple air I think it's called.

Nothing changed on the site end, did anything get installed on your computer recently?

That challenge screen isn't being shown fully here.
I believe it is an 'unusual activity' detected nag page around your IP.
(click about this page and it may expand and show more details - don't post that information message it).
Regards,
FWD.

back to normal, can play videos.
Excellent.
Bit I forgot to mention is having similar a while back. It was someone through my ISP triggering Google & YT to think everyone was up to no good - so nag screens for loads of people.
Regards,
FWD.

That challenge screen isn't being shown fully here.
I believe it is an 'unusual activity' detected nag page around your IP.
(click about this page and it may expand and show more details - don't post that information message it).
Regards,
FWD.
I’m not sure what you mean. You were posting to me? I’ll google to see what a nag page is.

I’m not sure what you mean. You were posting to me? I’ll google to see what a nag page is.
The enter text to continue page that Google uses is when it thinks the IP address you are using is suspicious and it can reduce activity or challenge a user to proceed - it "nags" you to act, hence the name. This is usually as a result of other people getting up to nefarious activity (same sort of principle when your ISP stops people googling/visiting torrent sites).
It can happen to groups of people. Given it wasn't reported as a fault anywhere I could see and it certainly isn't something I've observed whilst sharing/viewing here today - I'd guess that's the issue and it usually clears up very quickly.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't want to create a new thread, so I'll write here.
Since yesterday, posts from X and Instagram have not been loading (I only see empty posts). However, YouTube videos are only loaded as screenshots. I will also add that everything loads correctly on the main page. Only when I enter a given thread do the problems I mentioned above begin.
Was something changed in the forum functionality yesterday or is it my old browser's fault ?

I don't want to create a new thread, so I'll write here.
Since yesterday, posts from X and Instagram have not been loading (I only see empty posts). However, YouTube videos are only loaded as screenshots. I will also add that everything loads correctly on the main page. Only when I enter a given thread do the problems I mentioned above begin.
Was something changed in the forum functionality yesterday or is it my old browser's fault ?
I just checked the drivel thread to see if YouTube videos embedded in it work for me, and they do. I’ve been using the DuckDuck Go browser for a while now, and it’s pretty good, though sometimes a Facebook post will come to a blank nothing. Good luck getting your internet experience running smoothly again.

If you could screen cap what you see (or don't as the case may be) and provide a link to a page doing it - that would be useful.
(and which browser too).
Thanks.
FWD.

It's instagram case , I can't see instagram post on every page here except main page which works correctly
The same thing is with X posts posted here .
insta.JPG

In a youtube vidoes case , i see only screen shot , video doesnt work

yt.JPG

Very odd.
I can't replicate it.
Chrome, Firefox & Bing (🤢) all behave similarly.

Screenshot_20231029-222536~2.pngScreenshot_20231029-222748.pngScreenshot_20231029-222927.png

YT is fine too.
Screenshot_20231029-223235.png

Which browser are you using & any known network issues currently!?
FWD.

It's an old Firefox 52.
For me it's not a problem because I can use the new browser on a second PC, but I use this old browser for Solo. And I thought that there were some changes on the website and that's where my problem started yesterday. I didn't have such a problem before.

But the strange thing is that on the main page everything works OK....
I will only add that this only happens on Solo ....

Last edited:
Issue for Firefox 52 likely related to a recent software update that loads the embeds.

Can you upgrade your browser? Looks like Firefox 52 is 6 years old.

Back
Top Bottom