Signed Morrissey football

jenno

I was wondering if anyone could give me a valuation on a signed Aston Villa football which Moz threw into the crowd at Aston Villa Leisure center in 1995.
The ball is signed by moz and the rest of the band in black marker pen and Moz has also wrote "SELF SELF SELF" on the ball.

Sorry can't help with a valuation - something like that is worth whatever someone will pay for it really.

I'll give you a fiver for it !!!

As a Villa season ticket holder I would love to have it.

I was at that gig too.... great night.

Del.

The only way to really value it is to put it on the open market - stick it on ebay and see what you get.

Is it a ball from AVFC? That might limit the interest to a handful of AV Moz fans.

Photos would be nice.

Dave

I would say a value est. of 300 pounds if the signatures are bold and clear (especially Moz's).

Do you have a scan or pic?

Will try and upload photo soon , but dont think I would ever be able to bring myself to part with it.

I would say a value est. of 300 pounds if the signatures are bold and clear (especially Moz's).

Do you have a scan or pic?

Hope you're right but football's have a habit of fetching next to nothing compared to other signed objects in my experience. Obviously a ball signed by Morrissey might prove quirky and if a couple of people desperately want it then you could be right.

I'd advise against an ebay auction, with experience again people who bid in ebay auctions are generally looking for something for nothing and it's not a good thing to do as a seller unless you're happily to sell things for a fraction of what you'd get elsewhere. Either put a buy it now price on it or a healthy reserve if listing on ebay.

Doesn't matter if it is signed on a football. It's Morrissey's auto together with his band, plus inscription. It's not Ashley Young or some footballer's auto that we are talking about ...so yeah there will be genuine interest.

Hope you're right but football's have a habit of fetching next to nothing compared to other signed objects in my experience. Obviously a ball signed by Morrissey might prove quirky and if a couple of people desperately want it then you could be right.

I'd advise against an ebay auction, with experience again people who bid in ebay auctions are generally looking for something for nothing and it's not a good thing to do as a seller unless you're happily to sell things for a fraction of what you'd get elsewhere. Either put a buy it now price on it or a healthy reserve if listing on ebay.

Here are the photos, they all seem to be pretty clear apart from Boz's, I think the pen ran out on him by the the look of it. I managed to catch the ball myself and my friend came close to catching the shirt. I am pretty sure this gig was one of the first to feature a Smiths song in the set, but may be wrong. Thanks for all the feedback.

Attachments

• IMG_0123.JPG
    IMG_0123.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    85.7 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 67
A really beautiful ball ;) Lucky you.

Here are the photos, they all seem to be pretty clear apart from Boz's, I think the pen ran out on him by the the look of it. I managed to catch the ball myself and my friend came close to catching the shirt. I am pretty sure this gig was one of the first to feature a Smiths song in the set, but may be wrong. Thanks for all the feedback.

Doesn't matter if it is signed on a football. It's Morrissey's auto together with his band, plus inscription. It's not Ashley Young or some footballer's auto that we are talking about ...so yeah there will be genuine interest.

You get a lot of celebrity autographs on balls of some kind or other. They never fetch anywhere near as much as the same autograph on a photo. Plus Morrissey hasn't got anywhere near the saleable value that he had before he started issuing signed posters with his re-issues. Just my opinion. Personally I'd keep it if it was mine if it didn't fetch the kind of money you're talking about as it's not something you'd come across too often.

Good idea, I think I will look into getting one of those. Might also stop my son trying to have a kick about with it too.

I'd hang on to the football as a momento of the gig. You'll probably regret it if you sell it. A friend of mine went to the Bowie/Moz gig at Wembley Arena in 1995 and said after Moz's set finished there wasa bloke at the bar holding the tambourine which had been chucked into the crowd!

You probably would get£300 for it, I know times are hard but you would regret it forever if you sold it. Do you have two kidneys? Sell one of those first.

Sorry but no, I was just curious in case I wanted to insure my rare items. Thanks for all replys but I think a kidney will probably go before the ball does. Ordering a glass case for it.

Alain Whyte's signature has a zig zag underline to it which is what I do! and I have been ridiculed for it many times! Glad there are at least two cool dude's in this world:lbf:;)

Back
Top Bottom