Should Postgender Men Be On America's New Model?

iamkali62

Okay, it was hokey but all I have are Spanish stations so I watched this. This person is named Isis. But I had a difficult time calling her or thinking of her as "postgender" because she still has a penis. One of the catty females made one comment, "How did you walk down the runway with THAT?" Isis said, "With a lot of tape." If I always thought I were a male, I'd go the whole way! I guess some people can choose which way they're gonna go, but if I was her, I'd get it lopped off. Can't have the best of both worlds. What do you think? Opinions, please. (the show is actually called, America's Top Model" sorry.

Okay, it was hokey but all I have are Spanish stations so I watched this. This person is named Isis. But I had a difficult time calling her or thinking of her as "postgender" because she still has a penis. One of the catty females made one comment, "How did you walk down the runway with THAT?" Isis said, "With a lot of tape." If I always thought I were a male, I'd go the whole way! I guess some people can choose which way they're gonna go, but if I was her, I'd get it lopped off. Can't have the best of both worlds. What do you think? Opinions, please. (the show is actually called, America's Top Model" sorry.

I think that s/he should keep it so s/he can be "The Bachelor" next. Do they still have that show?

What is it with these people that will let themselves be chosen or rejected on tv by a stranger?

What was that show where they would decide to stay together or break up? I loved it.

It was a gameshow and usually on before or after "studs". :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that s/he should keep it so s/he can be "The Bachelor" next. Do they still have that show?

What is it with these people that will let themselves be chosen or rejected on tv by a stranger?

What was that show where they would decide to stay together or break up? I loved it.

Dave, I dunno, and I actually watched that lame show, "The Pick Up Artist". No self respecting woman would go out with a guy who dressed like Jack Sparrow, wore eyeliner and generally looked like a freak. I think the Bachelor is defunct. That summer (2007) I watched, "Rock Of Love", that Flava Flav show even though he is physically repulsive, preachin' to the choir here, but I don't recall the show you mentioned. The last weird show I happened to see was this girl who is still friends with her ex, and he *advises* her on which guy to pick. I mean, you might as well watch the wall.

haha "Studs" !!! i remember that show! :D

p.s. I really miss "Singled Out."

It's hardly having the best of both worlds... with or without an operation transsexuals are strongly repressed and discriminate against.
A lot of transsexual women choose not to go trough a sex-change operation. It is an invasive operation that can have strong effect on things like sex drive or even the ability to urinate properly. The recovery process is painful and long. It's expensive as well. You can call it the complexity of life if you want, but some transsexual women just don't feel the need to go through this. Either way, if someone chooses to live her life as a woman, we should respect that. Which organs she has or doesn't have is not of our business.

I must have missed "singled out".

I've been trying to think of the name of the show I mentioned. The way it worked is that every episode would have a couple that had been together for a while but was having some problems. Sometimes just one of them was thinking that the relationship was in trouble, sometimes both. But they weren't sure whether to break up or make it work.

They would each go on a date with someone that was picked for them. Then they would come back and see clips of each other's dates and the people they dated would be there. Sometimes the people they dated would put down the person they came to the show with. At the end they would both hold up a card saying if they wanted to stay together or have another date with the person that had been picked for them.

Sometimes it would be pretty funny because someone who had been unsure would hold up the sign saying they wanted to stay together, and the woman (almost always) would then hold up her sign and it would say she wanted to break up. If you decided to stay together and they didn't want to you couldn't have another date with the other person either. :D

I must have missed "singled out".

I've been trying to think of the name of the show I mentioned. The way it worked is that every episode would have a couple that had been together for a while but was having some problems. Sometimes just one of them was thinking that the relationship was in trouble, sometimes both. But they weren't sure whether to break up or make it work.

They would each go on a date with someone that was picked for them. Then they would come back and see clips of each other's dates and the people they dated would be there. Sometimes the people they dated would put down the person they came to the show with. At the end they would both hold up a card saying if they wanted to stay together or have another date with the person that had been picked for them.

Sometimes it would be pretty funny because someone who had been unsure would hold up the sign saying they wanted to stay together, and the woman (almost always) would then hold up her sign and it would say she wanted to break up. If you decided to stay together and they didn't want to you couldn't have another date with the other person either. :D

you don't remember Singled Out??? you know, it was on MTV in the mid 90s. it had Jenny McCarthey and that other dude. and theyd have one guy and a bunch of chicks, and theyd get narrowed down by a bunch of stupid questions and games and the main person couldnt see who they picked til the very end. then they switched it and had a bunch of guys with one chick. later on Jenny McCarthey left and they brought in Carmen Elektra, but it was never quite the same. :(

you don't remember Singled Out??? you know, it was on MTV in the mid 90s. it had Jenny McCarthey and that other dude. and theyd have one guy and a bunch of chicks, and theyd get narrowed down by a bunch of stupid questions and games and the main person couldnt see who they picked til the very end. then they switched it and had a bunch of guys with one chick. later on Jenny McCarthey left and they brought in Carmen Elektra, but it was never quite the same. :(

oh yeah! I remember now. I remember Jenny McCarthy. I didn't watch that show. It must have been on when something else was.

I liked MTV Undressed but it wasn't real.

It's hardly having the best of both worlds... with or without an operation transsexuals are strongly repressed and discriminate against.
A lot of transsexual women choose not to go trough a sex-change operation. It is an invasive operation that can have strong effect on things like sex drive or even the ability to urinate properly. The recovery process is painful and long. It's expensive as well. You can call it the complexity of life if you want, but some transsexual women just don't feel the need to go through this. Either way, if someone chooses to live her life as a woman, we should respect that. Which organs she has or doesn't have is not of our business.

With the transsexual women- it's really...hard (sorrry) This transsexual woman Isis was very beautiful- I mean you couldn't tell she was a female. I have read up on the subject and made friends with a man who had the op for being a woman. Her pitch was slightly noticible but other than that I couldn't tell! I agree with you Chica, it's really none of our business. I just thought it was unusual that she would be chosen to be on the show. The trans men have it really difficult. They have to use ( I am not kidding ) a dildo daily to form a vagina. And some men you can tell right away because of their carriage, their hands and their voice, and I always look for the adams apple. I treat them just the same as any other person (which is only human) and I applaud their courage to become what they KNEW they were all the time. There was a case in Germany I think where the mother had twins. Well, this idiot lopped off one of the boys penises and he actually told the mother to dress him as a little girl and treat him as such. He rebelled against wearing dresses and didn't want to play with Tonka trucks like his brother and get all dirty. This is very informative because it proves without a doubt that people are either born straight or bi or gay. My best friend knew that he was different when he was about 5.

A very good friend of mine is transgendered and has chosen not to have the surgery. She does, however, have hormone shots that have given her boobs, a slightly higher voice, and less trouble with body and facial hair. She's become an extremely successful entertainer and uses her success to speak about issues such as tolerance and to raise money for various causes. She's gorgeous, and you really can't tell when seeing her that she was born male. I knew her back in high school, when she still lived as a boy, but even then she had a rough time, because she was rather feminine and people often mistook her for a girl.

Anyway, I watched that episode of ANTM and was impressed that Isis was often classier and more knowledgable about fashion and modeling than her born-female competition. Plus, she is beautiful in a high-fashion (ie non-traditional) way and very feminine. I think it was also mentioned that she wants the surgery, but has not been able to afford it. It's a novelty in a way, a ratings ploy in part, but I really think she deserves to be there as much as any of the other girls.

With the transsexual women- it's really...hard (sorrry) This transsexual woman Isis was very beautiful- I mean you couldn't tell she was a female. I have read up on the subject and made friends with a man who had the op for being a woman. Her pitch was slightly noticible but other than that I couldn't tell! I agree with you Chica, it's really none of our business. I just thought it was unusual that she would be chosen to be on the show. The trans men have it really difficult. They have to use ( I am not kidding ) a dildo daily to form a vagina. And some men you can tell right away because of their carriage, their hands and their voice, and I always look for the adams apple. I treat them just the same as any other person (which is only human) and I applaud their courage to become what they KNEW they were all the time.

Kali, they are transwomen, not transmen. Transmen are people who were burn as females but identify as men. It may seem like a petty little thing, and I may sound annoying, but it is important to be more accurate. It shows respect toward them, and it helps us to get used to the situation better. It will be easier to accept a friend or acquaintance who's a transsexual woman if you start calling her (and consequentially thinking of her) a "she". I'm saying all that with love.

There was a case in Germany I think where the mother had twins. Well, this idiot lopped off one of the boys penises and he actually told the mother to dress him as a little girl and treat him as such. He rebelled against wearing dresses and didn't want to play with Tonka trucks like his brother and get all dirty. This is very informative because it proves without a doubt that people are either born straight or bi or gay. My best friend knew that he was different when he was about 5.

Maybe (just maybe :)) it shows that people are either born a man or a woman to be. It doesn't say anything about sexual orientation.

p.s. I am not Chica :)

Last edited:
could you post a picture of her ?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

no I am too lazy
drink your cofffee :D

edit..okay then.:rolleyes:.googles isis

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom