Sad Morrissey Stories - Catharsis!

Hi voodoo, No, i never got to Liverpool. The rescheduled Glasgow gig was the end of the line for me. Why did they rip the seats out? Not enough furniture at home, perhaps? :)

It would have looked hysterical if everyone was coming out of Liverpool with a souvenir chair. :D
LOL! No they were getting ripped out cos the shoving was so bad they were starting to collapse (the chairs) so some nice strong boys started to rip them out to free people's legs (my mate was one who got trapped) and they all got thrown in the orchestra pit. Then someone went pegging it down the front, trying to jump on stage but landed in the pit after a 10 foot (ish?) and broke their leg. Oh happy days! I wanted to go to Blackburn but nobody would come and my mum wouldnt let me go on my own :tears:

Posted before in tour...but here it is again!

Ok, basically my PC went dead before the Roundhouse gigs meaning I had no way of keeping up to date with news.

I was scheduled to go to Saturday...so, Saturdy morning I woke early and woke a train to London. Had a great day round record shops and pubs before heading out to Camden buzzing with euphoric excitement. I went and checked in at Camden hotel, had a drink and then walked up to the Roundhouse. I was reading a text on my phone as I got to the doors, I then looked up on my way in and saw a notice, 'DUE TO ILLNESS MORRISSEY IS CANCELLED'. I just stood in silence and disbelief for what must have been a good 20 minutes. At that point I could have cried, I went to the Sainsburys near by and managed to use my card to buy some under age but much needed alcohol. Went back and sat on my bed whilst I drank 6 strong pints and then went under-age (again) around Camden pubs feeling miserable.
...Went to bed finally with a f***ing migrane.

A week ago I got the bank statement for my card and it turns out some c**t from Sainsburys copied my card details and spent over £200 on London Eye tickets...only recently recovered cash.

So, the sum up...

Went To London
Gig Cancelled
Miserably Drunk
Migrane
C**t copied card details

Love PTxx.

Mauve, Voodoo and PT,

Thanks for sharing your tales. :D

You’d think Sainsburys would be a reputable place to purchase your under-age liquor!
Wow, the cheek of it!

I’m so glad it’s not just me who’s had problems. I go and see loads of bands but none have the same attraction for ‘tragedy’ as Morrissey concerts.

Morrissey played at the Move festival at Manchester’s Lancashire County Cricket Ground in 2004. A four day event of copious booze, ‘stuff’ and music.
I decided not to go the Thursday showing – missed Madness, big deal.
The Cure were headlining on the Friday eve, and they were absolutely great.
Saturday saw the Pixies playing second fiddle to the Stereophonics. Absolute travesty! The Pixies were as fantastic as the ‘phonics sucked arse. They were truly awful and resulted in a no attention paid and tons of booze consumed.
By the Sunday everyone I was with was in a pretty sorry state. But it was Morrissey night, and come whatever, a good time was going to be had. So, after a load more beer to chase away the clouds of a hangover, off we went.

I blacked out during the Ordinary Boys – and I’m not convinced that I even remember them, or whether it’s just me living that vicariously through my friends shared memories! But after them – nothing.

I was told only recently that the New York Dolls played. I don’t remember. I put it to a couple of friends I was with. They don’t remember it either. No idea if Arthur ‘Killer’ Kane was still bass playing for them that night – but he died shortly afterwards. Sad if I missed him.

So, I only know Morrissey actually played there by watching the Who Put the M in Manchester DVD.
Without that footage, and given Morrissey’s propensity for illness and buggering off, I’d be easily convinced that he didn’t play at all and wiped everyone’s memory of the event with some sort of psychic gladioli mind control thingy. :)
Oh, and I lost my phone as well as my memory. Bum.

Sorry to resurrect this quietly dying thread, but was anyone there at the Move festival (see above post) when the New York Dolls played with Moz? I was just wondering if I did miss Arthur Kane.
I ask for no reason other than I can feel slighty maudlin about it if I did. I'm in that kind of mood.

Cheers
Jay

Cheers Int'l - I was gonna feel melancholy about it, but....
I was buoyed because I just read the latest on the Morrissey hair thread. And the title of 'Morrissey in tupperware' is enough to make me laugh until I choke on my own quorn.

Can I expand my thread and ask if anyone has a happy Morrissey story?
Not a daydream - a real one. And not about his hair. Unless you fondled it. In which case, great!
For instance - what happened to the guy who jumped off the enormous speaker stack at the Who Put the M in Manchester concert? It's not on the DVD, but i've been told it was pretty horrid looking. I wasn't there, as i'd already left because a friend had fallen from the higher tier into the lower ones, creating tears and a casualty trip.
Please share any stories you have. They make such good reading. And gotta be better than, "I'd soak David Quantick's Word article with chips and humble pie and shove them up his arse. And then congratulatory feed that to Morrissey." in the Moz 'what would you feed him' thread. Granted, the likelyhood of that specific idea is probably pretty slim.

Anyone get to the Wolverhampton gig he did just after the smiths split? I'd love to hear about that. All the "t-shirt mate" stuff from Hulmerist.

Wouldn't it be great to build up a chronicle of personal Morrissey tales? I'm not arsed about hits and views - if this sort of thread has been done before then please just move this to that. I just like hearing the stories.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom