Rufus Wainwright Bootlegs

dazzak

Anyone got any good ones? Possibly his seemingly magnificent Carnegie Hall gig? I'd die if I heard him sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

Hi just thought i would say i have not heard of this guy untill i caught a radio broadcast of the petshop boys .He played as a guest singing the petshop boys song casanova in hell amazing glad i recorded it

Anyone who is curious enough to check out my last.fm will see that this guy made it into my all-time favourites...and pretty damn quickly at that!

Was really miffed at not being able to get to the Manchester Apollo gig whenever it was, and I think my Live At The Fillmore is worn out. Can't see any sight of it on dimeadozen, so as above would love to hear the Carnegie Hall gig especially.

Rufus singing my fave track off Fundamental for me was amazing. Well, I think it's a toss up between that and Minimal, but for the purposes of this response it is Casanova In Hell =D.

You're welcome.

Here's one more; Rufus and Ben Folds singing Careless Whisper. Quite amusing though I really dislike Rufus' voice and phrasing on this particular song and Ben Folds is the better singer on this occasion (it's Ben Folds who play the piano on this recording)

Live, 2004

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6GTS6GRI

Forgot to download these yesterday but did so this evening! Absolutely love the London version, thank you so so much for uploading them!

dazzak said:
Anyone got any good ones? Possibly his seemingly magnificent Carnegie Hall gig? I'd die if I heard him sing "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

the man is a genius and i have always loved that track. i feel he may be the best in the business right now.

zom

Read in an interview in The Word a few weeks back there there will be some sort of CD/DVD release of one of the Judy Garland shows

Anybody else loving his new album atm? The title track, 'Release The Stars,' and 'Tiergarten' are my current favourites. Opinions welcomed...

Coiff.

Anybody else loving his new album atm? The title track, 'Release The Stars,' and 'Tiergarten' are my current favourites. Opinions welcomed...

Coiff.

I've had it on non-stop. I like Tulsa and Little Boy Blues best at the minute. The title track is the weakest song on the album, for me? But that may change with time?

I've seen him a couple of times this year, doing the Garland show and one of the Old Vic nights. He is playing the first day of Glastonbury, and UK viewers can catch him on BBC 4 on Friday night.

The CD & DVD of the Judy Garland show (I think it's the second sunday of the London Palladium shows?) are due out in September. Rules & Regulations is the next single (download only) from the album. I'm told that the video is "awesome", in the words of Rufus' hairdresser, no less!!

Last edited:
Adore the guy! Saw him most recently at Old Vic- had 1 ticket for opening night but ended up going 3 times..He's back in UK next week I think- Oxford, Brighton, Folkestone (?!) as well as Glasto- all sold out apart from Folkie but sooo worth going to see. As much as I dig his own material, I get a real kick out of hearing him sing other people's stuff- he does tend towards the 'baroque' in his own material so it's beautiful to hear his voice unadorned. He did a coupla sublime traditional Irish songs at Old Vic. Some don't get on with his vocals but I find a beauty & sadness there that touches- bit like another singer I'm a big fan of....

Good news for Rufus fans in the UK. He is about to announce a tour in October. At present there are only a few dates. Tickets go on sale this Friday at 9am.

Gateshead-The Sage-Sat 13/10/07

Cardiff-Wales Millennium Centre- Mon
22/10/07

Birmingham-Symphony Hall-Thu 25/10/07

Harrogate-International Centre-Sat-27/10/07

London-Apollo Hammersmith-Tue-30/10/07

As you can see, there is plenty of scope for extra dates to be fitted in.

Back
Top Bottom