ROTT single that should've been

marred

moz_sleeve.jpg

I love this song and it's the strongest one not on the album.

And what a title for a single!

Last edited:
Yeh I like that

*starts singing*

Run Run Young Man Through The Glen" :D

Well said. I was really surprised when I first heard this track and thought it should have definately been on the album. The acousic guitar on it sounds great and the humming part is genius. One of my faves from the ROTT era.......

It should have replaced 'On The Streets I Ran', which is the weakest track on the album and fits the least into the concept.

I agree. Great title - good song - fantastic imaginary cover. Well done. This and Good Looking Man About Town, in place of Of on the Streets I Ran and At Last I Am Born would have impoved the album. In my humble opinion. But who am I and how did I come to be here?

gl.jpg

how this was not on the album I will never know either?

Last edited:
First off, great single covers everyone. They're fantastic, better than everything I saw in the Boy Happy fan single sleeve contest.

how [Ganglord] was not on the album I will never know either?
There is so much depth to this song musically, so many layers to it, it is way better than half of Ringleader. Also it sounded very good live.

I seem to be the only one that likes [The Father Who Must Be Killed] too.
That was actually the first song that stood out to me when I heard Ringleader for the first time. It's since been surpassed by other songs as my favorite, but it is way underrated.

I agree. Great title - good song - fantastic imaginary cover. Well done. This and Good Looking Man About Town, in place of Of on the Streets I Ran and At Last I Am Born would have impoved the album. In my humble opinion. But who am I and how did I come to be here?
Yes, Good Looking Man About Town is great, but On the Streets I Ran is the best song from the sessions in my opinion. And At Last I Am Born is, I think, the only suitable ending song to the album, but I think the solution here is that this militantly dogmatic 12-song standard for albums has got be done away with. Granted, 12 songs is generally a good number of songs for an album, but the dilemma is that Morrissey is too talented, and we need longer albums. We will still have classic b-sides, and we'll get to hear more unreleased gems like Children in Pieces and Honey, You Know Where to Find Me too.

Wow I found someone who loves "On the streets I ran" as much as I do!
I'm with you on "At last I am born", it's the new "Speedway"

thx for the compliments on the sleeves btw.

Wow I found someone who loves "On the streets I ran" as much as I do!
I'm with you on "At last I am born", it's the new "Speedway"

thx for the compliments on the sleeves btw.

I didn't even notice that you made all the covers (I rarely even check who posted something, but I should learn to look over there more). Even though there is a thread going on about how supposedly the quality of Moz's cover art is declining I think he is still making good sleeves, but you are so much better than whoever Morrissey or Sanctuary has hired. Do you think you could come up with covers for Alsatian Cousin, Maudlin Street, and Billy Budd just for fun?

i love on the streets i ran
Then you and marred have very good taste. :) It is shameful how underrated that song is, and that Moz has only played it around a dozen times live. It sounded great live from a bootleg I heard.

Do you think you could come up with covers for Alsatian Cousin, Maudlin Street, and Billy Budd just for fun?

no worries :)

Marred, I want your CD-single ! :D
Great picture, great song... 'If you don' like me...' is one of my faves of the ROTT' area too. I can listen to this song again and again. It's a pity that it's a B-side only. The place of that song should have been on the album.

It should have replaced 'On The Streets I Ran', which is the weakest track on the album and fits the least into the concept.

sorry i don't agree, on the streets i ran is a great song, one of my all time fave moz songs actually, brilliant live too.

sorry i don't agree, on the streets i ran is a great song, one of my all time fave moz songs actually, brilliant live too.

"On the streets I ran" live?

I didn't think he had done it live yet. Anyone got an mp3?

Back
Top Bottom