"Rococo Wordsmith Hamish Hawk Gets His Claws Into Morrissey" - Mojo (January 2024 issue)

Another tedious 'I loved Morrissey but now he's a bad guy' article in this month's Mojo from Hamish Hawk.
'I got into The Smith's at the end of university' says Hawk.
I adore their music, the power of Morrissey's voice and the yearning guitar.
Morrissey' poetry changed my life and his solo work has done a lot for me.......(now the obligatory Moz bashing)
but I feel he speaks out on things that maybe he doesn't know that much about.
I don't identify with him socially, culturally or politically'

To be fair to HH I honestly don't think he would have had the article printed in Mojo without the disclaimer.

Edit:

Article to view here (scan posted by Famous when dead):

Post in thread 'Hamish Hawk article - Mojo January 2024 issue.' https://www.morrissey-solo.com/thre...ojo-january-2024-issue.151693/post-1987558644

full

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
If Moz would stop acting like a tedious brainwashed conspiracy theorist then these disclaimers would not be necessary.

Never heard of the guy.
It appears (from Google) he's from Edinburgh. How can he say he doesn't identify with Moz socially or culturally? He must be terribly middle class.

anybody who gives their child the name hamish should be hung drawn and quartered,its one of these scottish names that goes out of fashion then comes back into fashion again,its quite popular just now,its on a par with angus.

anybody who gives their child the name hamish should be hung drawn and quartered,its one of these scottish names that goes out of fashion then comes back into fashion again,its quite popular just now,its on a par with angus.

I’ve seen some of his videos, he’s such a ham.

Well, people like Boy George seem to not have to bad mouth him when he mentions Moz

Thank goodness Moz has someone on his side, unfortunately it's Boy George who was convicted and sent to jail for handcuffing a beating a man.

Another tedious 'I loved Morrissey but now he's a bad guy' article in this month's Mojo from Hamish Hawk.
Morrissey' poetry changed my life and his solo work has done a lot for me.......(now the obligatory Moz bashing)

To be fair to HH I honestly don't think he would have had the article printed in Mojo without the disclaimer.
I have December's Mojo, can you direct me to where that is - not seeing it.
Thanks.
FWD.

I subscribe so get it a bit earlier. Of course scanning the article would have made much more sense :ROFLMAO:

Genuine question: do you think it’s not possible for one to love The Smiths but disagree with the Morrissey of 2023? Is the only scenario that given person is influenced by Guardian/time traveller journos from 1992?

Quite Common I think for magazines to that,
fair enough but why title a magazine 3 months into the future,if its a quarterly then it should be december 2023,the world could be over by january 2024 the way thongs are going.

This is pretty mild and reasonable stuff.
Praising the solo work so enthusiastically is unusual, and it's hard to deny that Morrissey simply just doesn't understand the world of politics.
He's got a brilliantly sharp brain in many areas of life - relationships, popular culture, music, family, mortality, etc.
But when it comes to politics, the man is an absolute idiot.
And it's cost him dear.

Back
Top Bottom