RED LIGHTNING EP

D

dinadan

Well, I finally got my hands on it, though I have to say, it is worth the price of admission. The original cd has pretty neat cd-rom features so if you like this album I urge you to go buy it at cdbaby.com

Remember: Sharing is Caring

Red Lightning 8 track EP

> Well, I finally got my hands on it, though I have to say, it is worth the
> price of admission. The original cd has pretty neat cd-rom features so if
> you like this album I urge you to go buy it at cdbaby.com

> Remember: Sharing is Caring

agreed, its very good indeed, looking forward to the full length album, gonna be great I think, Alain & co have done very well !

Do you have any RL live that you can share?

> Do you have any RL live that you can share?

Sorry, I don't, if anyone else does, post it!!

Dilema

Half of me is happy, because I know more people will get to hear Red Lightning..and that is a good thing. Half of me is sad because I fear they will sell less albums now. I can only hope that those who downloand DO in fact buy the CD and that it entices them to want to buy the forth coming full length that will be released in the UK.

Just how I feel.

Did you really have to do that?

Sharing is... erm... infringing copyright....

> Did you really have to do that?

> Sharing is... erm... infringing copyright....

Well, I guess I should also take down the Playing Easy To Get link I posted the same day then. As for that, why don't we all stop contributing music links for your reason.

anyone else agree?

Uuuuurgh thought it would be more rockabilish.
Thx for sharing dinadan.

Look at it like this: Suppose you are in a band and you make a CD. You pour your heart into it, your soul even... and it cost money, of course. You are proud of your work and hope...yeah other will be too. You put your CD up for sale and it does well. THEN..someone gets a hold of your CD and posts all the tracks online for everyone to download. Nobody buys your CD anymore. How would that make you feel?

I do believe Moz has made a statement about not caring if people share the live stuff. What you are doing is not the case. You are sharing an album. It is illegal. Maybe I'm square in that I think you stealing from my friends is wrong? I don't care. You can call me whatever name you like... I still don't care.. It is still stealing and the fact that you are stealing from an unsigned band makes it worse. Please people, suppost the bands we love so much so that they can and will put out more albums for us to enjoy.

Your hypocrisy surprises me everytime.

Do you then object to the release of Morrissey's alternate version of "Reader Meet Author" and the never before released "Honey You Know Where To Find Me"? those aren't live tracks.

This topic has been beaten to death on this site: Internet Downloads have been shown to improve record sales.

I'll let others do the name-calling. Fact is, most people around here appreciate the generosity of others. I urged people in my original message to buy the album if they liked the downloads. If R.L. really produce quality music, then their album won't suffer because more people are hearing the songs in their entirety.

So, everyone else: Do you agree with Whytegrrl that we should stop posting officially recorded material?

If so, I will no longer contribute.

Well was interested how it sounds like. Will not listen to it again. Will be deleted from my PC. PROMISED !!!

If it is live, and as I said, I do believe Moz has said he doesnt care if it is a live track shared, Then I dont care! Otherwise, yeah.. it's stealing. Sorry if you dont want to hear that..but it is. I don't post tracks cos I don't need a cease and desist and I don't want to see david shut down over this.

If you wanna share have people over to your house, throw the album on. For my friends who couldn't get the album, I bought them their own copies.

Look, you do what you like...this is just how I feel.

> If it is live, and as I said, I do believe Moz has said he doesnt care if
> it is a live track shared, Then I dont care! Otherwise, yeah.. it's
> stealing. Sorry if you dont want to hear that..but it is. I don't post
> tracks cos I don't need a cease and desist and I don't want to see david
> shut down over this.

> If you wanna share have people over to your house, throw the album on. For
> my friends who couldn't get the album, I bought them their own copies.

> Look, you do what you like...this is just how I feel.

Quit your bitching already. I'm sorry but your arguments are useless.

All I know is that you and your other cronies slagged me off just for *asking* for the album, nobody had it, others wanted it, so I posted it when I got it. My album is awaiting me in the mail, and if you don't like the idea of posting studio albums, then where the hell are you when people post other artists on this board???

This is not just 'your opinion'. In fact, my 'student budget' was poked fun at, and you called me lazy when all I was doing was asking - something many people do on these boards everyday. So because I asked about your boy Alain your gonna jump all over me? NOBODY asked you in particular to post anything, nor was I expecting it of YOU.

Well, this is, in addition to MY way of sharing with people, another way to defend myself. I bought the album yesterday - and I sure wasn't too 'lazy' to post it for others!

and you didn't answer my question, I asked if you feel that others shouldn't post recent and future links to unreleased (and released) Morrissey studio material et al (from other artists as well), NOT if it is stealing.

Well?

I dont even want to hear about your 'student budget' I am a military wife and live at poverty level...and yet I can still put out the green for RL and many other bands I like. If I can't afford it.. I wait. It is called delayed gratification.. great concept..not one many have these days.

If you had posted just one track..I probably wouldnt even have said anything..it's why I don't say anything to others. Most people don't post entire albums! The fact that Red Lighting have posted 4 tracks on their myspace and even more than that on their webpage, and I have even posted LIVE CLIPS on my website.. that aint enough 'free' for you?

I think when you used the word "rip off" of the album..that is what was the red flag.

Can you not understand 'copyright infringement?' Don't they teach stuff like that in college?

> I dont even want to hear about your 'student budget' I am a military wife
> and live at poverty level...and yet I can still put out the green for RL
> and many other bands I like. If I can't afford it.. I wait. It is called
> delayed gratification.. great concept..not one many have these days.

If you don't want to hear about my lack of green, move along, you don't have to go out and try to make enemies, cause you know what? My time is better spent elsewhere.

> If you had posted just one track..I probably wouldnt even have said
> anything..it's why I don't say anything to others. Most people don't post
> entire albums! The fact that Red Lighting have posted 4 tracks on their
> myspace and even more than that on their webpage, and I have even posted
> LIVE CLIPS on my website.. that aint enough 'free' for you?

Yes it was! That's why I bought the album. This is more about you jumping all over me just for *asking* that wasnt even directed at you per se..

> I think when you used the word "rip off" of the album..that is
> what was the red flag.
> Can you not understand 'copyright infringement?' Don't they teach stuff
> like that in college?

Whatever man, what i'm doing is no different than other people. strokes unreleased album was posted here, so was belle and sebastian, arctic monkeys, and dirty pretty things just to name a few.

You don't want to hear of my 'budget' well I wasn't talking to you. Here you are trolling my post and ignoring other people who do what you are accusing me of. Why? Because of your biased feelings. Which makes your argument unreliable. If you want to put an end to 'whole albums' being posted on here then you have much bigger fish to fry.

We can agree to disagree on the whole downloading albums thing but i'd like to see you whine about and get on others for doing the same thing, see how many people will appreciate that. Then we'll talk.

but i'd rather not....

Whaaaaaaaaaaa WhyteGrrrl IS SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

> You don't want to hear of my 'budget' well I wasn't talking to you. Here
> you are trolling my post and ignoring other people who do what you are
> accusing me of. Why? Because of your biased feelings. Which makes your
> argument unreliable. If you want to put an end to 'whole albums' being
> posted on here then you have much bigger fish to fry.

Only objection I have in this thread is your claim that WhyteGrrrl is "trolling" your post. Trolling is truly harassment for harassment's sake, for the amusment of seeing the harasee's responses. I've seen nothing in WhyteGrrrl's posts, either in this thread or in others, to suggest that she is trolling you. She disagrees with you clearly, but her logic is reasoned (even if you disagree with it) and she is by and large respectful and not crass.

Doesn't even begin to qualify as a "troll"... just wanted to point that out.

J.T.

> Well, I guess I should also take down the Playing Easy To Get link I
> posted the same day then. As for that, why don't we all stop contributing
> music links for your reason.

> anyone else agree?

This is an entire album you've posted. It just seems a bit daft, really, bearing in mind the number of tracks you can download of it elsewhere - which are intended to get people interested enough to buy the whole thing.

Obviously music on-line is a grey area... a leaked Moz B-side, which everyone will buy when it's been released, is one thing, or a discarded track that will never be available for purchase... an entire album by an unsigned band... well... it just seems rather unkind.

I'd just like to say that I am downloading this and have no intention of ever purchasing it. Also, I really hope that WhyteGrrrl is just some sort of gimmick, but for every one of those fanzines that comes out the probability of that becomes slimmer and slimmer.

Back
Top Bottom