Recommend something, anything

Re: Recommend something, anything!

Naval Air Station Museum in Pensacola FL. We went 2 weeks ago and it was amazing! BETTER than the Air & Space Museum in Washington DC. We're geeks at my house, so our road trip was about doing off-the-beaten path things. The Boll Weevil Museum was clear on the other side of Alabama or we'da hit that too! ;) Rocket and Space Center in Huntsville AL was pretty cool as well. The Space Shuttle is parked outside.

just_be_social_6058907997.jpg

Toilet paper!

Oreck vacuums!

I'm borrowing a friend's. I went to change the bag and the design is so superior that when you pull the bag off of the hose (exposing all the dust in the bag) a cardboard sleeve closes and seals off the dirt and keeps it all contained in the bag. Too cool! (I'm a sucker for form and function.)

Oreck-Bag.jpg

Nigh train by Martin Amis . He writes in the first person as a woman.

182847_10201511894987657_511431085_n.jpg

Crock Pot Meatloaf ..

Try it once, and you'll never go back to your old way of cooking it!
Ingredients:
2 lbs ground beef
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 C milk
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3 slices bread, crumbled or torn into small pieces
1/2 C diced onion
1 envelope dry Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 C ketchup

Directions:
Mix eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and bread crumbs. Allow to soften (about 20 minutes). Combine this mixture with ground beef, onion, ranch pack, and ketchup. Mound in a greased crockpot. Cover the top of the mixture with additional ketchup. Put the cover on and turn crockpot on high for 15 minutes, then reduce to low and cook for 7 hours.

Attachments

• 182847_10201511894987657_511431085_n.jpg
    182847_10201511894987657_511431085_n.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1

The digital world has destroyed my handwriting through lack of practice so I bought a Lamy Safari fountain pen, matt black, broad nib. I love it. I'm learning to write again.

FNZSXRQ.jpg

^^^ Hubby LOVES fountain pens...anniversary is coming up... hmmm Thanks for the idea!

I think it would make a great gift. It's not hugely expensive and writes incredibly smoothly. One downside: People love to "borrow" it. I'm on my second one in two months. I find I have to keep my eyes on it.

Last edited:

0380-2T.jpg

Oh-My-GOSH!! quite possible the closest thing to legalised crack!

Attachments

• 0380-2T.jpg
    0380-2T.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 48

The digital world has destroyed my handwriting through lack of practice so I bought a Lamy Safari fountain pen, matt black, broad nib. I love it. I'm learning to write again.

FNZSXRQ.jpg

I have two of those. :sweet: Had...someone stole one. I have a white one.

971784_618191041539089_1633653163_n.jpg

I have two of those. :sweet: Had...someone stole one. I have a white one.

I'm glad it isn't just me who gets them nicked! I was in a coffee shop the other morning pretending to write a novel and noticed some woman eyeing it up. I also have a Safari Vista now, which is the clear one, just to make sure I have a spare when the inevitable happens and one goes walkies.

I'm glad it isn't just me who gets them nicked! I was in a coffee shop the other morning pretending to write a novel and noticed some woman eyeing it up. I also have a Safari Vista now, which is the clear one, just to make sure I have a spare when the inevitable happens and one goes walkies.

I'll try to find mine tomorrow. It's in a box somewhere. Oddly enough I have a shoebox of at least $200 worth of ink in the trunk of my car, I should bring that in, we can start up a handwriting thread again. :sweet:

Perforation FTW! i've watched this pizza box gif about 20 times. Either it's intensely mesmerizing or I need to get to bed. :p

h7F1BB15E

Back
Top Bottom