quick question

treygar

all i ask of you...
a friend took me by surprise saying that they had heard that Morrissey had help in writing some lyrics to some songs...

other than covers (and his habit of borrowing from movies and such) - did anyone like Alain or Boz or Street ever contribute so much as one word to a Morrissey song - because I wasn't aware that this had happened and would like to be enlightened if it did.

not trying to prove them wrong, just making sure...

thanks in advance.

I think Johnny Marr occasionally helped out with the lyrics but in his solo career I think Moz has written the words all by himself.

a friend took me by surprise saying that they had heard that Morrissey had help in writing some lyrics to some songs...

other than covers (and his habit of borrowing from movies and such) - did anyone like Alain or Boz or Street ever contribute so much as one word to a Morrissey song - because I wasn't aware that this had happened and would like to be enlightened if it did.

not trying to prove them wrong, just making sure...

thanks in advance.

duh, HIS mum [ she always has been and has influence, so I'm sure she send him
some books to borrow from, and still does]

;)

Last edited:
Hmm...I haven't got any sources one way or the other, but I'd be very surprised if he's accepted more than a line or two, if that. They say he doesn't even like suggestions for the vocal melodies, and his writing is so idiosyncratic that I feel we'd immediately notice something that rang false.

But then, I was recently shocked to learn that Carl Barat didn't write the lyrics to "Gin & Milk" (Didz did) so if Dirty Pretty Things can fool me, maybe Moz can too. It still doesn't seem to fit with his personality, though.

Back
Top Bottom