Pub Sign Near The Roundhouse

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
So, last night I met up with a few like-minded souls, disappointed about the cancelled gig (Morrisseythe23rd, Kewpie, Cowshed, Liebe), and we went to a restaurant, and then walked up the road to the Adelaide (Quarry night, very good indeed). Anyway, we passed this pub on the way (I'm buggered if I can remember the name). Anyway, they had signs around the outside the pub, of which this is an example...
2226630206_0aaa1d9fa0_o.jpg

Great spelling, eh? Anyway, Hugh went inside to remonstrate, and the barstaff said that the Landlord was pissed off with hordes of disappointed Moz & Smiths coming in and asking them to play, well, Smiths & Moz music, and as a result, he'd banned the playing of said music. It was very close to the Roundhouse, other side of the road.

Despite all that, I'm impressed that they think that pissed-off Morissey fans would only want to get drunk.

Peter

Hey Peter.

That pub is The Enterprise - I was there last night in fact, and the sign was still there. In fact, on every simple blackboard outside the pub (4 or 5) a similar message, concerning Morrissey, was written. I thought it was quite funny, but also a bit harsh - it's doesn't exactly paint Morrissey in a flattering light - but then again, he doesn't exactly invite people to paint him in a flattering light ;)

Hey Peter.

That pub is The Enterprise - I was there last night in fact, and the sign was still there. In fact, on every simple blackboard outside the pub (4 or 5) a similar message, concerning Morrissey, was written. I thought it was quite funny, but also a bit harsh - it's doesn't exactly paint Morrissey in a flattering light - but then again, he doesn't exactly invite people to paint him in a flattering light ;)

That's it, and yes, you're right, there were other boards carrying disparaging messages about Moz. I bet the Landlord is a right larf.

Peter

I went in as well. They had a sign saying "F**k Morrissey, come here and get drunk" or very similar words?

The landlord is a silly ungrateful man.
Many gig-goers buy some drink from there, yet Friday's incident prompted him/his employees to write such idiotic stuff on the boards.
Landlord of Enterprise should move to his pub other part in London where no concert venues and less revenue would be made.

yes saw the signs sat night and boycotted them..small thing but they missed out on 20 or 30 quid that the pub down the road got instead

Landlord of Enterprise should move to his pub other part in London where no concert venues and less revenue would be made.
I love this sentence so much, I want to marry it. lol

Many gig-goers buy some drink from there, yet Friday's incident prompted him/his employees to write such idiotic stuff on the boards.

good grief, no wonder Morrissey fans get like this said about them:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/32973/Stars-pelted-by-Morrisey-fans

Morrissey fans do not have a sense of humour when it comes to their idol.

Last edited:
lighten up ! I was in there pre gig on friday night and it was rammed with greying quiffs and lantern jaws ! they were playing indie rock and it was fine ! post gig kerfuffle we returned there and saw the chalk boards outside and thought it was quite funny ! Baz and I had a good laugh in the smokin room out back and went back there on saturday night as we had been going to saturdays cancelled gig ! All in all though truly dissapointed about the gigs and the extra expense of travel from newcastle , accomodation etc we still had a good weekend - not sure if we will get back for the rescheduled dates (if it happens) tho! stop taking yourselves so seriously ! morrissey is not the world !

lighten up ! I was in there pre gig on friday night and it was rammed with greying quiffs and lantern jaws ! they were playing indie rock and it was fine ! post gig kerfuffle we returned there and saw the chalk boards outside and thought it was quite funny ! Baz and I had a good laugh in the smokin room out back and went back there on saturday night as we had been going to saturdays cancelled gig ! All in all though truly dissapointed about the gigs and the extra expense of travel from newcastle , accomodation etc we still had a good weekend - not sure if we will get back for the rescheduled dates (if it happens) tho! stop taking yourselves so seriously ! morrissey is not the world !

Oh, I agree, it's comedy itself, I found it very funny.

Peter

thats the pub i phoned you from it was a shit hole ... worst pint i had all trip

thats the pub i phoned you from it was a shit hole ... worst pint i had all trip

Hahaha, it's a shame I couldn't see you, but surely you managed to see the gig from the begining and didn't waste too much money in there. :D

“I wanted to say to them to get some bloody perspective. It’s a fat bloke going to sing some songs, that’s all. It’s not the end of the world.” Jonathan Ross.

Another member of the don’t-get-it family. :rolleyes:

I wonder if he’ll be saying this to Morrissey in person when he interviews him on his show. Probably not, he’ll be speaking from one of his other many faces.

Back
Top Bottom