Poll: Being a fan

How boring is it to be a Morrissey fan today?

• So boring I can not stand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Much boring

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Not that boring

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • As boring as usual

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Not boring as reading this poll

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
I only come here to laugh at Baz

I wouldn't say boring as much as disappointing/frustrating. I'm bored of hearing bad news when it comes to Morrissey. I want to hear about a new record deal and album release dates. Not about many canceled concerts with no good reason(s) given. Regarding cancelations, is nostalgic a bad word now? Well, I'm nostalgic for when Morrissey's music more often than not inspired me.

Last edited:
It’s quite boring. It’s either bad news or no news. So I’d say it’s both boring and frustrating. And I’m also nostalgic. I’ve said it countless times, but the peak for me was 2004-2006/7.

I stick around and stick with him because of what he’s meant to me before, and probably still does. I’ve invested too much. It just doesn’t go away.

we have hundreds of songs,live versions,covers so it should take a long time to be bored of his music,as for the man himself i still find him interesting in that he is a one-off,someone who stands his ground,some will say ts to his own detriment.
i was bored before i even began.

It's boring and it's frustrating to watch him conduct himself the way he does. There was a pic of Carmen and Jesse from one of the recent shows and it was just so cheesy and I wondered how we got from The Smiths to this. How did he let this happen?
I am not one of those people who claimed he saved my life, I don't have some sort of deep and abiding love for him, because it's just really silly to feel that way about a stranger. The Smiths are one of my favorite bands and probably always will be, I also really enjoy M's early solo work but my opinion of him has changed a lot; he is no longer witty and clever, he is just old and mean and his talent seems to have disappeared.

he is just old and mean

I'd rather him old and mean, than old and chipper and putting on gimmicky shows with a full orchestra like glad-handing Johnny Marr. He is certainly a recluse, and some say a drunkard, and does spend the occasional evening going down right-wing/AI covers/amateur Smiths & Morrissey covers rabbit holes on YouTube, but I prefer that kind of eccentricity to being blandly successful.

Painfully boring. The last time he was interesting, was with that open letter to Johnny Marr, even tho I didn't agree with everything he said in it :/

I'd rather him old and mean, than old and chipper and putting on gimmicky shows with a full orchestra like glad-handing Johnny Marr. He is certainly a recluse, and some say a drunkard, and does spend the occasional evening going down right-wing/AI covers/amateur Smiths & Morrissey covers rabbit holes on YouTube, but I prefer that kind of eccentricity to being blandly successful.
well said aub,i would rather have eccentric M than M with two wings stuck to his back,hes weird,nothing wrong with that.

Gimmicky? Are you saying you wouldn’t like to hear Morrissey singing with a full orchestra? He could never pull that off, he doesn’t have the discipline or work ethic to do something like that.

It's boring and it's frustrating to watch him conduct himself the way he does. There was a pic of Carmen and Jesse from one of the recent shows and it was just so cheesy and I wondered how we got from The Smiths to this. How did he let this happen?
I am not one of those people who claimed he saved my life, I don't have some sort of deep and abiding love for him, because it's just really silly to feel that way about a stranger. The Smiths are one of my favorite bands and probably always will be, I also really enjoy M's early solo work but my opinion of him has changed a lot; he is no longer witty and clever, he is just old and mean and his talent seems to have disappeared.
Quite precisely this.

Gimmicky? Are you saying you wouldn’t like to hear Morrissey singing with a full orchestra? He could never pull that off, he doesn’t have the discipline or work ethic to do something like that.

Of course it's gimmicky. It's the refuge of the aging rock star: "let's make it symphonic!" I don't need to hear Morrissey dressing up perfectly good songs with lush orchestral arrangements. It's gilding the lily so the moms and dads in their skinny jeans can enjoy a novelty for a change. Don't do it, Morrissey. Come to think of it, I prefer the live 5-piece arrangement of his orchestral song Dear God Please Help Me to the Ennio Morricone studio version.

I wonder what solo member Bored will say.

Geez, can we stop always compairing Johnny and Morrissey? It's so tiring. Morrissey is Morrissey and has his approach to different things and Marr has his own. To me they are two totally different people that went different routes in their career. They might be eternally connected through the Smiths (beautifully and rightly so) but they are doing their own things for a long time now and exist without each other.

For me, I'm totally not bored, because Morrissey's choices are quite entertaining. It's like following a series, you never know what happens next, but kinda have an inkling about it and sometimes be totally surprised by the plottwists!

Geez, can we stop always compairing Johnny and Morrissey? It's so tiring. Morrissey is Morrissey and has his approach to different things and Marr has his own. To me they are two totally different people that went different routes in their career. They might be eternally connected through the Smiths (beautifully and rightly so) but they are doing their own things for a long time now and exist without each other.

For me, I'm totally not bored, because Morrissey's choices are quite entertaining. It's like following a series, you never know what happens next, but kinda have an inkling about it and sometimes be totally surprised by the plottwists!

But the plot twists are uniformly awful and it all reminds me of a horror movie at this point.

Back
Top Bottom