Peter Hook - All Things Hooky

Screenshot 2024-01-20 8.00.14 AM.png

This video :lbf: the ass grab, Hooky, Bernard changing lyrics, all of it
Stephen looks concerned

This video :lbf: the ass grab, Hooky, Bernard changing lyrics, all of it
Stephen looks concerned

That was a fabulous day. Echo and the Bunnymen were the main support and New Order were on great form (although I was rather pissed and stoned) Not sure what Hookey was on but he spent much of the gig with a devil stare and called the crowd a bunch of cockney wankers at one point.

That was a fabulous day. Echo and the Bunnymen were the main support and New Order were on great form (although I was rather pissed and stoned) Not sure what Hookey was on but he spent much of the gig with a devil stare and called the crowd a bunch of cockney wankers at one point.
:lbf:

*Michael Caine voice* I take offence ta dat, I do.

Hooky will also be headlining the second night of Tomorrow's Ghosts Festival aka Whitby (North Yorkshire) Goth Weekend on November 2, 2024.

It'll be the only place he's playing Unknown Pleasures and Closer in full in 2024 according to his twitter.

This and the Sunderland Fire Station performance of both Substance albums should do nicely in giving me my JD / NO fix this year. Just seems so far away!

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him without his thumb rings (in more recent years).

What do you guys think are the definitive lyrics to “In A Lonely Place” without errors?

I’m tending towards what is printed in Touching From A Distance: https://www.scribd.com/document/656766727/Deborah-Curtis-Touching-From-a-Distance

It’s in the above link at about the 3/4 mark, near the unreleased/unpublished lyrics.

Caressing the marble and stone,
Love that was special for one,
The waste in the fever I heat,
How I wish you were here with me now.

Body that curls in and dies,
And shares that awful daylight,
Warm like a dog round your feet,

Hangman looks round as he waits,
Cord stretches tight then it breaks,
Someday we will die in your dreams,
How I wish we were here with you now

I was always sceptical about lines 3 and 6 because there were so many different things printed. Still not sure what he means by “I heat,” but it comes from Ian’s wife as the source.

What do you guys think are the definitive lyrics to “In A Lonely Place” without errors?

I’m tending towards what is printed in Touching From A Distance: https://www.scribd.com/document/656766727/Deborah-Curtis-Touching-From-a-Distance

It’s in the above link at about the 3/4 mark, near the unreleased/unpublished lyrics.

Caressing the marble and stone,
Love that was special for one,
The waste in the fever I heat,

Body that curls in and dies,
And shares that awful daylight,
Warm like a dog round your feet,

Hangman looks round as he waits,
Cord stretches tight then it breaks,
Someday we will die in your dreams,
How I wish we were here with you now

I was always sceptical about lines 3 and 6 because there were so many different things printed. Still not sure what he means by “I heat,” but it comes from Ian’s wife as the source.

Like Zoom I think it's fever and heat, not sure if the words on this are right but it sounds accurate to me.

Yeah that sounds right. I’m partial to the demo with Ian’s vocals that was (thankfully) restored with the hangman final lines.

Funny story, when I somehow got backstage with New Order in 2012 I asked a half pissed Barney to write lyrics to Ceremony on the booklet for Substance. But before I could tell him my favourite lyric he already wrote “Wheels are turning”. I then corrected him and said I actually wanted “Watching love grow, forever. Letting me know, forever.” written. So my Substance insert has his signature, “Wheels are turning” and “Watching love grow, forever. Letting me know, forever.” written on it. lol. Steve did… Brotherhood I think. Or maybe both.

I also got Phil to sign WFTSC because he was actually on that, and I think I got the bass player to do that one as well.

Tickets are going very fast for Peter Hook & The Light’s UK & Ireland tour dates in October/November - King Georges Hall, Blackburn is now SOLD OUT already & several others are very close…
Don’t leave it too late to get your tickets via www.peterhookandthelight.live
We also have lots of UK festival dates coming up over the summer.
See all the dates & get your tickets now via www.peterhookandthelight.live
OCTOBER 2024:
10 - York Barbican, York.
11 - O2 Academy Glasgow, Glasgow.
12 - The Fire Station, Sunderland.
17 - Pyramid & Parr Hall, Warrington.
18 - ROCK CITY, Nottingham.
19 - O2 Academy Oxford, Oxford.
24 - Dreamland Margate, Margate.
25 - O2 Institute Birmingham, Birmingham.
26 - The LCR, Norwich.
31 - King Georges Hall, Blackburn. (SOLD OUT)
NOVEMBER 2024:
1 - Saint George’s Hall, Bradford Theatres.
7 - Cheese and Grain, Frome.
8 - Tramshed Cardiff, Cardiff.
9 - De La Warr Pavilion, Bexhill.
14 - The Telegraph Building, Belfast.
15 - 3Olympia Theatre, Dublin.
16 - Leisureland, Galway.
www.peterhookandthelight.live

Tags
peter hook
Back
Top Bottom