people hate on maladjusted but.....

J

jp

it has some outstanding tracks on it. maladjusted, alma matters and trouble love me are all top. roy's keen and satan rejected my soul pretty good. the rest, not so much.

> it has some outstanding tracks on it. maladjusted, alma matters and
> trouble love me are all top. roy's keen and satan rejected my soul pretty
> good. the rest, not so much.

and Wide To Receive

Yes, "Wide to Recieve" is one of my favorite Morrissey songs

I find "Maladjusted" a very easy album to listen to over and over again. I know it's not as good as his all-time best works, but I find little to criticize about it. I can't hold up "He Cried" as all that special of a song, but when you listen to it in the context of the album it pleases me. The whole album works together quite well to my ears even though not enough indivudual tracks stand out as classics. I wish they recorded a different take on "Satan Rejected My Soul" because it seems like it should be a Morrissey classic but they just failed to "hit it" in the studio. I also find some of the lyrics to the title track ("with a head full of dread, flop on your bed"...that part) and "Sorrow" annoying, but they don't ruin the songs.

"Ammunition" is a song I listen to a lot.

And the "Maladjusted" b-sides I find a lot stronger than the "You Are The Quarry" b-sides.

Re: Yes, "Wide to Recieve" is one of my favorite Morrissey songs

i'm not as into "wide to receive" as i am other tracks on the album. this is the song spencer cobrin co-wrote, yes? i agree with you about "satan rejected my soul." i think that song and "roy's keen" both sound like they should have been on southpaw, whereas tracks like "maladjusted," "alma matters," and "trouble loves me" reveal more of a musical progression. i even think that "trouble loves me" could almost fit in with some of the quarry takes.

> I find "Maladjusted" a very easy album to listen to over and
> over again. I know it's not as good as his all-time best works, but I find
> little to criticize about it. I can't hold up "He Cried" as all
> that special of a song, but when you listen to it in the context of the
> album it pleases me. The whole album works together quite well to my ears
> even though not enough indivudual tracks stand out as classics. I wish
> they recorded a different take on "Satan Rejected My Soul"
> because it seems like it should be a Morrissey classic but they just
> failed to "hit it" in the studio. I also find some of the lyrics
> to the title track ("with a head full of dread, flop on your
> bed"...that part) and "Sorrow" annoying, but they don't
> ruin the songs.

> "Ammunition" is a song I listen to a lot.

> And the "Maladjusted" b-sides I find a lot stronger than the
> "You Are The Quarry" b-sides.

> it has some outstanding tracks on it. maladjusted, alma matters and
> trouble love me are all top. roy's keen and satan rejected my soul pretty
> good. the rest, not so much.

Agreed. "Trouble Loves Me" is one of my favourites. Definitely in my top three Morrissey tracks.

And the last ten seconds of "Satan Rejected My Soul"?? SO GOOD!!

...come on come on la la la la la la
oo oooh ooo oooh...

maladjusted is a great album! pisses all over kill uncle anyway. trouble loves me is easily one of his greatest songs.

Back
Top Bottom