Paint A Vulgar Picture

No I still love it and still thinks it's content is relevant.

Definitely, it's just a bit more ironic now...
I can think of few artists still around that have been more exhaustively compiled than Morrissey, but that's hardly his decision, so it's not as if he's a hypocrite for pouring scorn on that sort of thing.

Definitely, it's just a bit more ironic now...
I can think of few artists still around that have been more exhaustively compiled than Morrissey, but that's hardly his decision, so it's not as if he's a hypocrite for pouring scorn on that sort of thing.

To what extent is he to blame, though? If any? I'm not knowledgable about the history of Smiths contracts and so on. This has almost certainly been covered here before. Perhaps someone could give me a link.

I'd thought yesterday about starting a thread asking, "Has a journalist ever confronted Morrissey about the question of excessive reissues?" I've come across one or two "what can I do" remarks by him, in interviews; but I find it hard to believe that he isn't at all culpable. Even the overlap of LTB and HOH seems inexcusable. I know why it was initially the case, but it's the sort of thing that would have been corrected by now, I would think, with almost any other band.

Back
Top Bottom