New photo on TTY

8bonk0i.jpg

Not Right In The Head, this is a picture of Wayne/Jayne County with Dave Johansen.

Jayne's really pissed off right now about her Candy Darling painting that she says Kevin Kushel stole from her. In fact, she's losing her mind over it(more so than normal).

She was mentioned as the tour support act, at the very least. But Julia's probably gone back & removed all references to her in a fit of damnatio memoriae.

EDIT: no, there are still plenty of references. She's always referred to as "that bitch Kristeen Young," though.

since this post it has been changed to cow bag ....

*awww* I love that pic of Morrissey. So adorable and showing such adoration for Leee.

By power of suggestion, (thanx PFTLT & NRitH) I found a gray hair on my head today. I'll be joining Moz at the next AARP convention to make sure his trousers are pulled down. :p

Oh, do tell--I haven't heard that one.

it's in tour notes. I got the songs mixed up though. He's angry at Gnarls Barkley.

Morrissey: The same had happened with our previous single 'The Youngest Was The Most Loved' which was #3 in physical sales, yet not even in the top ten once downloads had been counted. No doubt these absurd new chart rules will change soon, and it's worth remembering that they were introduced on the week that 'You Have Killed Me' entered at #3, so you can't blame me for thinking that someone is out to dislodge me. The song that ended up at #1 wasn't even buyable in any record shop at the time! A very fair system ....

then there's this:
In Iceland I saw the film "Capote" and, like everybody else, my jaw dropped at the performance of Philip Seymour Hoffman. I think it is somewhat implausible though that Capote would be quite so casually accepted by the hardened natures of Dick and Perry, especially in view of Capote's bubblegum lisp. However, don't make fun of Truman's voice. It's easy to arrange a story into loving myth once all the central characters are dead, and I'm not even sure if Truman was a writer at all, or just someone who sneaked around and watched. But he was funny. When I put him on the cover of the Smiths single 'The Boy With the Thorn In His Side' a certain member of the Smiths (who unfortunately is still alive) said, "is that Ernie Wise?" .... dear God ... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Jayne's really pissed off right now about her Candy Darling painting that she says Kevin Kushel stole from her. In fact, she's losing her mind over it(more so than normal).

I'll have to check that out. I have an old 1970's Hit Parader where they show the picture above, except DJ is cropped out, and Wayne/Jayne writes an article about loving the Dave Clark Five. If I find it I'll scan it.

it's in tour notes. I got the songs mixed up though. He's angry at Gnarls Barkley.

Morrissey: The same had happened with our previous single 'The Youngest Was The Most Loved' which was #3 in physical sales, yet not even in the top ten once downloads had been counted. No doubt these absurd new chart rules will change soon, and it's worth remembering that they were introduced on the week that 'You Have Killed Me' entered at #3, so you can't blame me for thinking that someone is out to dislodge me. The song that ended up at #1 wasn't even buyable in any record shop at the time! A very fair system ....

Ah, our dear old Moz, clinging to an antiquated system of getting music to the consumers. But I can think of far worse songs to be blocked from reaching #1 by than "Crazy."

leee looks like the guy from the movie saw ha ha ha ha take a look:

How unbelievably wonderful, in retrospect, to have been a part of that scene, and I am so glad Moz got to meet one who must surely be a huge icon for him. Far away in dreary Manchester, a few pictures here and there in the music magazines must have been nearly his whole experience of this scene.

Last edited:
it's in tour notes.
i havent read this-thanks fo sharing its a entertaining read-he should really consider to write a monthly blog...
quote from the posttour notes 2006 written by moz:

"On the nighttime drive from Karlstad to Oslo I felt surprised, amazed and privileged to be alive. The scenery was tearfully breath taking; full moon on still lakes. I'm humbled by the beauty of Scandinavia, and by how the people and the press are so open and welcoming. During the afternoon of the Oslo festival I walked through the center of the city and sat in the park. A lone British voice said "'ullo Morrissey" but otherwise I went unnoticed and felt securely at home. I sat on the grass in the park and, when the sun struck at a certain angle, I felt that life really wasn't that bad. This moment passed quickly."

i wholeheartely agree on scandinavia
Since i live by the order of denmark since a couple of years now i did make some hopping across the border
and years ago when i was a kid did spend a holiday in sweden...beautiful memories

@tormented did you see this from the tour notes?

"Like Iceland, Austria was a big thrill for me, and I was astonished that the audience was so large. Austrian life and landscapes seem measured and orderly and beautiful to me; I feel deformed and punctured in comparison. Life is like that. Beauty makes me shrink, whereas grime gives me strength."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom