New Morrissey Album?

I

Ian

I keep hearing rumours that Morrissey is working on new material or has commenced recording in some studio or other. Has anyone else heard such rumours? Is there any truth to them?

Allusions.

> I keep hearing rumours that Morrissey is working on new material
> or has commenced recording in some studio or other. Has anyone
> else heard such rumours? Is there any truth to them?

I'm sorry Ian, I can't help you there. However I'VE heard a rumour that there's possibly a story ciculating, pertaining to a suggestion, that someone overheard a snippet of gossip, on the grapevine, hinting at some anecdotal information.

Apparently Mozzer's taken to wearing ankle high yellow wellies with little rainbow and cloud patterns on!

I've no idea who'd start such a rumour but personally I'm convinced this one's a go-er.

T.P.U. xxx

Re: seriously though...

> Apparently Mozzer's taken to wearing ankle high yellow wellies
> with little rainbow and cloud patterns on!

> I've no idea who'd start such a rumour but personally I'm
> convinced this one's a go-er.

I feel I must agree.

I had a chat with a little bird the other day (they, like the mice are also my friends) and apparantly this birds cousins friends friends sister had seen morrissey sporting a dashing (if a little bit small) yellow plastic rain mac with pictures of traffic lights on the pockets (incidently the pockets were said to be big enough to hold not only a mars bar but a can of pop aswell!)

Adds weight to tpu's theory, no?

Now I wonder, have any of you nice people heard any rumours about a rain hat of any kind in conjunction with Morrissey?

...do tell!

Re: seriously though...

> Now I wonder, have any of you nice people heard any rumours
> about a rain hat of any kind in conjunction with Morrissey?

> ...do tell!

Well according to Boz (when he last emailed me) Morrissey has just purchased a limited edition Betty Armani rain hat. It's bright yellow and sprinkled with reflection patterns so he get's spotted in the dark.

Re: OH and P.S.....

...forgot to mention that Morrissey also got the matching rubber boots which were especially flown in from Milan. Appearantly he likes them so much that he decided to include them as stage standard for him and the lads on the soon upcoming tour.

Boz also let slip through that now as Morrissey has completed his new trés chique outfit he wants to move to a place where it rains more often. I guess it's back to Manchester then.

Re: Allusions, the album

Allusions!!

What a wonderful title for Morrissey's next album.

We do need some *official hints* (if there could be such a thing) from the man himself though.

Expectations

I read it in the paper over here that there is to be a release of some sort this autumn...
Lods of love from me.

Re: Expectations

> I read it in the paper over here that there is to be a release
> of some sort this autumn...
> Lods of love from me.

what you are referring to is more than likely either the trilogy of early albums, or a journalist "misreading" one of these websites and perpetuating the rumor.

Re: Allusions, the album

> Allusions!!

> What a wonderful title for Morrissey's next album.

What was the rumored title going around last year? Something like "English Heart, Irish Blood"?

Re: Allison, the album

> Allusions!!

> What a wonderful title for Morrissey's next album.

> We do need some *official hints* (if there could be such a
> thing) from the man himself though.

Howzabout an album called Allison? I have a friend called Allison and she would be thrilled if Morrissey did the honours. It could work.

Re: Allison, the album

> Howzabout an album called Allison? I have a friend called
> Allison and she would be thrilled if Morrissey did the honours.
> It could work.

Oh no, the new album will be called "we hate it when our friends become gay"... but there is a possibility for... "we hate it when our friends ever were gays, but never want to talk about it""...

"I'm Not a Pheasant Plucker..."

....would be a good title in keeping with the vegetarian/animal rights type theme.

I think "Allusions" is a bit too 80's type Sting/Spandua Ballet/Wee Jimmy Krankie. I'd like to see something a bit more down to earth like "Socks, noooo thank you!", "Gumboots Galore", "More Cheese Arthur?" or "Armpit Alopecia".

And that's just for starters.

T.P.U. xxx