New Era for Morrissey

Maybe its just me, but for example, in my school some kids wear ACDC shirts because they will look like outsiders. A girl purchased a Smiths shirt and wore it to school and when I asked her, what her Favorite Smiths album was, she said she liked all of them. I asked her to name her favorite song and she said 'im so sorry' which what she
really meant was Suedehead.

I wasn't aware, The Smiths did Suedehead.

He will not educate them.
Trust me.
And me, being a young 17yr old Morrissey fan, don't want to be just "another Morrissey fan" right next to the kid with the tight jeans and bandana in his back pocket.

It might no affect you, adults.
But it will affect me.

I used to listen to Marilyn Manson and got into him since 1997 and ever since, Eat Me Drink Me, his latest album came out, to everyone, I was just another new fan.

your just a "kid" yourself.

Re: Morrissey, The Smiths and the dreaded “emo”

All too often I hear people refer to Morrissey and The Smiths as “emo”.

You need to change you environment.

He will not educate them.
Trust me.
And me, being a young 17yr old Morrissey fan, don't want to be just "another Morrissey fan" right next to the kid with the tight jeans and bandana in his back pocket.

It might no affect you, adults.
But it will affect me.

I used to listen to Marilyn Manson and got into him since 1997 and ever since, Eat Me Drink Me, his latest album came out, to everyone, I was just another new fan.

I don't know what to tell you to soothe you, except that I do actually understand what you're talking about. Believe me that it won't matter in a few years at most. If your peers don't geniunely like him, then they'll soon stop wearing their Smiths shirts and you'll be unique once again.

Live and let live, kid.

Maybe its just me, but for example, in my school some kids wear ACDC shirts because they will look like outsiders. A girl purchased a Smiths shirt and wore it to school and when I asked her, what her Favorite Smiths album was, she said she liked all of them. I asked her to name her favorite song and she said 'im so sorry' which what she
really meant was Suedehead.

I wasn't aware, The Smiths did Suedehead.

WHO f***ING CARES?!?

you like them. that's good enough.

I don't know what to tell you to soothe you, except that I do actually understand what you're talking about. Believe me that it won't matter in a few years at most. If your peers don't geniunely like him, then they'll soon stop wearing their Smiths shirts and you'll be unique once again.

Live and let live, kid.

I like Pregnant's calm sense of reason. You soothed my hysteria, maybe you can help here too.

MuteWitness616 - with all due respect, the only thing you will achieve by complaining about the scenesters is make yourself sound like a spoilt teen yourself. Nobody owns Morrissey, The Smiths or any other artist. Music belongs to anyone that chooses to listen to it. You can't presume that most teenagers who wear a Smiths, or Beatles, or Stones T-shirt doesn't know anything about the band. And what does it matter if they don't know the B-sides to First of the Gang To Die, or the chart position that Roy's Keen got to. Morrissey pours his soul into his music, and uses it to reach out to people. We have no right o say who is and isn't a fan. I don't care if you're 13, 32, 68, british, american, asian, indian, polish, black, white, purple, straight, bi , gay, transgender, dead or alive - music belongs to anyone who chooses to listen. Just be grateful that you've been able to listen more than some others.

i think this forum should be open to adults over 21. there's too many little children on here, and they're using the most foul language:mad:

I totally disagree, I'm 20 and ever since becoming a fan at 14 I've been obsessed and know pretty much everything about the man, all the fans I know in my own age group are the same. I don't think there is any such thing as a 'casual' Smiths of Morrissey fan, nor do I think young people would become fans to just to 'follow the crowd'. Anyone else my age agree?

maybe its just me, but for example, in my school some kids wear acdc shirts because they will look like outsiders. A girl purchased a smiths shirt and wore it to school and when i asked her, what her favorite smiths album was, she said she liked all of them. I asked her to name her favorite song and she said 'im so sorry' which what she
really meant was suedehead.

I wasn't aware, the smiths did suedehead.

won't somebody please think of the children?!

i swear all the f***ing time. but when it come's from a child (below 18) it's appaling, especially in text format:mad:

The funny thing is, at the age of 13, Morrissey could have been denounced as one of those teenage scenesters who didn't really know enough about the music he liked. You can imagine all those older, cooler fans of the New York Dolls looking down their nose at him. :D

The funny thing is, at the age of 13, Morrissey could have been denounced as one of those teenage scenesters who didn't really know enough about the music he liked. You can imagine all those older, cooler fans of the New York Dolls looking down their nose at him. :D
Haha true but I can hardly imagine Morrissey as scenester material.
Then again I'm not quite sure what a scenester is. :o
i swear all the f***ing time. but when it come's from a child (below 18) it's appaling, especially in text format:mad:

:rolleyes:

So when you were under the drinking age, were you politely applauding Liverpool from the Kop or were you reminding opposition players about the inability to pleasure their wives with rather blue language?

So when you were under the drinking age, were you politely applauding Liverpool from the Kop or were you reminding opposition players about the inability to pleasure their wives with rather blue language?

swearing all the time. proper gutter mouth, there's my total honesty. but like i said, in text form it looks horrendous:(

Tags
morrissey snobs
Back
Top Bottom