Name all the cities/places mentioned in smiths/morrissey songs

I think it is - in "We'll Let You Know" you hear a voice shouting "Your Arsenal!" - it's also on the lyric sheet.

Peter

P.S I could say more, a lot more, but Phill would be unhappy!

my copy of your arsenal didn't include the lyrics. he even commented on that in an interview... said he left it out because it was a more physical record.

where did you get a lyric sheet from?

You're all missing my favourite one.

I think it was Q magazine that did this like 10 years ago...

They plotted a map all the places he mentioned in songs.

They put a dot on Milton-Keynes (Arse of the World - He Know I'd Love to See Him)

I thought it was a riot but someone from MK was really upset and sent in a letter to the editor saying it was a nice place to live.

Oh, also Thames.

"drinking tea with the taste of the Thames"
-Come Back to Camden

my copy of your arsenal didn't include the lyrics. he even commented on that in an interview... said he left it out because it was a more physical record.

where did you get a lyric sheet from?

You know, when you asked that, I went to the CDs and records, tried to find it, and I couldn't! I swear I've seen it written down, on official release material. Possibly on a tour sheet, a book - but I swear I've seen it. I'll keep on looking.

Peter

You're all missing my favourite one.

I think it was Q magazine that did this like 10 years ago...

They plotted a map all the places he mentioned in songs.

They put a dot on Milton-Keynes (Arse of the World - He Know I'd Love to See Him)

I thought it was a riot but someone from MK was really upset and sent in a letter to the editor saying it was a nice place to live.

Did he ever live in Milton Keynes?

Peter

Four more for the record.

Earls Court (from Piccadilly Palare and in the title of the 2005 live CD).

Parkside (Wimbledon) from Maladjusted.

SW6 (also from Maladjusted) is the postcode for Fulham (Fulham is also mentioned in the song as stated on another post)

Strangeways (Manchester) although not a song itself and the album title refers to the prison, Strangeways itself is a Manchester district.

Also, what about Buckingham Palace? Although not directly name checked, the line from The Queen Is Dead 'So I broke in to the palace' is a reference to Michael Fagin's infamous break in when he entered Buck Palace and met the Queen in her bedroom allegedly asking her for a cig!

Someone should do a book listing all of these places......

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom