Myths about anything and everything, add your own or ones you heard or read about

A

Anonymous

I thought it was time for a myth thread on Solo where we discuss myths. It may be myths you grew up with and found out the truth about later in life or it can be myths discussed in media.

I got this idea from reading about the myth that sugar makes kids hyperactive. I have seen kids eating sweets and instead of becoming hyperactive they went into a coma mode as they enjoyed the sweets. They actually became much calmer than they were before they had the sweets. Serious science research on this has now finally put the sugar and kids in the myth folder.

I also was told as a kid I could not be in water for at least an hour after I had eaten. I don't think my friends parents were cruel or anything but I can imagine how some kid drowned shortly after eating something and that people assumed it may cause cramp in the stomach and make someone unable to stay afloat.

I used to believe in that moonlight affected the water in the body as I always struggled to sleep when there was a full moon. After I had a sleepless night I noticed that it had indeed been a full moon and therefor associated my problems with that. This has not affected me in many years now or maybe my body is not as affected by it anymore?

The myth about kids being kids in that they are supposed to be loud and wild fascinates me. I had to tell a neighbour about her grankids cause it was obvious the kids were suffering from a probable ADD disorder as they turned their grans home over at every visit and made the whole house shake which the neighbours felt. If it is natural for kids to be wild and loud then we would have huge problems at schools and in stores and at play parks. Maybe it is time for parents with wild kids to go to the people that can help.

I have loads of myths to talk about but will add more later and hope others here will join in.

Re: Myths about anything and everything, add your own or ones you heard or read about!

I believe that people care

Re: Myths about anything and everything, add your own or ones you heard or read about!

It's a myth that kids in Arcadia theaters are thieves. You owe me $700.

I want to talk about myths. Is Thor gay? What about He-Man then?

f181.jpg

I have no idea why this picture in this thread, it just offered so much. I had to put it somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom