MSG show postponed. that sucks.

for the record, i believe these shows are being "postponed" due to poor ticket sales.

It's unfortunate many of us knew Morrissey was not going to be able to even come close to filling these large venues all cluttered together on the East Coast.

Morrissey. for the next US tour, hire me to manage it.

I won't be able to attend any make up dates since i am moving away from nyc. i better get my refund.

this is why morrissey couldn't sell-out these shows. stunts like this throughout his career pushed fans away...forever.

If the low sales are the reason, then he should just do the great smaller vintage venues- the Aragons and Auditorium Theaters, the Murat in Indy- and, Moz willing, the Tennessee Theatre, for instance. I think they suit him better anyway. I just don't think that I'd bother going to a huge show when I had a more intimate alternative. And I don't think I'll bother with GA in future. It ends up being a huge crush and no one can see anything. At least not me at 5'5"- three inch heels weren't even a help. I'll pay the price and buy pit seats so I can really enjoy the show.

for the record, i believe these shows are being "postponed" due to poor ticket sales.

Then why did he play 7 songs at that one show and then stop? Just to make the cancellations seem more convincing? And I suppose that's why he 'put on' a slightly cracked voice on the night? Come on, you know that's just ridiculous. All the evidence points to genuine cancellations. To suggest otherwise is just a conspiracy theory.

At this point, I think he *needs* to have J. put up a short personal statement on TTY. It would be good PR to have a very apologetic word or two from him.

It's unfortunate many of us knew Morrissey was not going to be able to even come close to filling these large venues all cluttered together on the East Coast.

Boston was very full and it was not a cheap ticket.

I really have no idea what the rest of the ticket sales were like up and down the coast.

I'll wait until I see what happens before if I decide if it was ticket sales or not.

Then why did he play 7 songs at that one show and then stop? Just to make the cancellations seem more convincing? And I suppose that's why he 'put on' a slightly cracked voice on the night? Come on, you know that's just ridiculous. All the evidence points to genuine cancellations. To suggest otherwise is just a conspiracy theory.

If he was really going to do that, he could have done 18 songs and said.. I'm sorry, I've lost my voice and cannot continue.

That would remove all need to reschedule Boston.

Were there slow ticket sales for the other one in MA, and Philly? I know MSG didn't sell very well, but only b/c people on here talked about it. There were at least a couple of shows on the west coast that didn't sell that well, IIRC from reading the gig reports. I just think Occam's Razor applies here, and the simplest explanation would be that he is still sick and doesn't want to push it.

I don't believe the conspirecy theorists on this one, I really believe that our beloved Moz is ill and he is choosing to postpone rather than give a crappy performance for his fans...... I'll be very sad if he cancels my florida dates but I will understand.

PS: I've "heard" that Moz sold out the Hollywood Bowl just a couple weeks ago and tickets for that were anything but cheap at $150, that's how much a "friend of mine" paid.

cheers

Last edited:
saying these shows are cancelled due to slow ticket sales is idiotic...that is all..continue

Were there slow ticket sales for the other one in MA, and Philly? I know MSG didn't sell very well, but only b/c people on here talked about it. There were at least a couple of shows on the west coast that didn't sell that well, IIRC from reading the gig reports. I just think Occam's Razor applies here, and the simplest explanation would be that he is still sick and doesn't want to push it.

oh come on guys... Moz is sick :(
there were 5000 people in Boston, and Philly was sold out!!

the only reason why i think tickets didn't sell well for MSG is because i checked TicketMaster practically everyday...more than once a day. i waited for them to release Floor GA ticekts so i could buy them. and they did about three weeks ago. even after i bought them i checked for the hell of it every day. IN MY OPINION tickets were going very slow. I hope the press wouldn't come here and take my word for it. i take it they can perhaps check themselves.

Yes many tickets sold the first days of sale, but i doubt not that much more than total number present at one Radio City show a couple years ago...a 6,000 seat venue and it was only about 3/4 full IN MY OPINION/UNSCIENTIFIC OBSERVATION. MSG total capacity for this show was supposed to be around 13,000

So yes i checked TM every day and add to that the hundreds of tickets on STUBHUB for low prices. And Livenation even advertised on morrissey-solo.com. that seems to me to be a desperate move.

THIS IS ALL MY OPINION. I'M ADDING THIS DISCLAIMER IN CASE OF ANY MEDIA TYPES HANGING AROUND.

Philadelphia Daily News:

Morrissey: If you're holding tickets to tonight's scheduled (and sold out) show with Morrissey and Kristen Young at the Mann Center, put them in a safe place. The dour crooner ended his Boston show on Tuesday prematurely after seven songs, suffering severe throat pain. He was ordered by a doctor to not sing for three days - which meant postponing the Philly show to a "soon to be announced" new date...

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/features/20070629_hedline.html

oh come on guys... Moz is sick :(
there were 5000 people in Boston, and Philly was sold out!!

yeah but he can't play Friday and claim to be sick on Saturday...which happens to be the day of the BIG show. MSG was supposed to be east coast's Hollywood Bowl.

Yes, this is a conspiracy theory. before the stones are thrown...

Maybe i shouldn't have said anything.

I blame the author :)
No more reader meetings ever again!

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom