Moz soundbite re this site!

imogen11

Okay, so it's 5 years old, but i came across this 2002 Janice Long radio interview and they actually discuss this site. Now for those of you who like to think Morrissey visits from time to time, here's the final word...

Transcript:

Janice: "So you don't check out your own website? Well, it isn't your own website, is it? Morrissey-solo.com?"
Morrissey: "No..."

Janice: "But you don't go on there and go under false names? Pseudonyms and things?"

Morrissey: "Absolutely never. I've never actually logged on to that site. And people always refer to is as my site. It's not. It's a great site and there are some other great sites, but, no, I don't get involved."

So there you go! Was suprised to hear them mention it!
Obviously said ('its a great site' etc) prior to the whole Morrissey So Low thing..

:)

he's never logged on because you don't need to when your posting as Anonymous.

i'll bet that's the REAL reason Davidt allows the main board to continue to be anonymous contributors! :D

Because it's almost certain that Moz comes here... at the very least, he has the main board watched, and has very likely posted too.

mmmm...I'm not so sure about that.

It's difficult for Morrisseys obsessive fan base to recognise the fact but I'd say it's more than probable that Morrissey couldn't give a shit what a bunch of faceless fans think or about most of the discussion on here.

I know if I was famous I'd go out of my way NOT to see any fan websites or discussion.

Can you imagine reading all the stuff on this board if it was about you? You'd spend your whole time cringing, weaping and smashing stuff.

Much better to ignore it completely don't you think?

mmmm...I'm not so sure about that.

It's difficult for Morrisseys obsessive fan base to recognise the fact but I'd say it's more than probable that Morrissey couldn't give a shit what a bunch of faceless fans think or about most of the discussion on here.

I know if I was famous I'd go out of my way NOT to see any fan websites or discussion.

Can you imagine reading all the stuff on this board if it was about you? You'd spend your whole time cringing, weaping and smashing stuff.

Much better to ignore it completely don't you think?

oh my GOSH, I don't have a FACE???
Actually it could go either way with Morrissey, I'd think, on an objective plane. THink about it; on one hand, there's part of Moz that would never bother with sites like this, because he doesn't care about anyone but himself, so he has said before I believe. Plus if his claims that he doesnt go on the internet are true, he wouldn't be online period, much less logging on to moz-solo.
But on the OTHER hand, if he really only cares about himself he may be interested to read how people gush on about how awesome he is.

and to answer your question, if i was famous, damn right i'd visit websites dedicated to me. Real ego boost! Especially if it was like moz-solo where 95% of comments about moz are positives.

I don't know if this helps at all but my husband works for a very famous musician/pop star, who has a very similar set of completely devoted fanatical fans, complete with various sites and fan forums. The artist in question apparently never has anything to do with them and doesn't even read them out of curiosity.

Some things do get back to him, and the sites are kept an eye on, but turns out pop stars are busy people! (This artist is as quiet and reclusive as Moz by the way, as that will have a bearing!)

So I reckon that Moz's people will be keeping an eye, but as to whether Morrissey himself does is debatable.

Unfortunately my devotion to this site makes me a right saddo to Mr Pin!!

Yeah, but is your popstar (I'm picturing Peter Gabriel, largely because that's also a highly enjoyable thing to do) as simultaneously vain and insecure as ours?

And if it is Peter Gabriel, please tell him to get off his ass and make another record. Respectfully, that is.

Bearing in mind it's essentially a fansite, I've always found SoLow to be extremely critical and negative (this doesn't apply to everyone, of course)
But then, they do say that people always hurt the ones they love the most...

I have an actor friend who has a dedicated cult following. He checked out his fansite once, and it really freaked him out. He says he avoids it like the plague.

I try to keep this in mind whenever I post here, yet I find myself rhapsodizing over Morrissey's scent, or blathering on about how I miss him, or how he has the voice of a fallen angel, etc. Then I think of my friend, and how freaky it really is to get so lathered up about a fellow human being. The Morrissey Frink Thread is a masterpiece - it makes me laugh 'til I cry, and then some. But I do feel like we're transgressing somehow - there's just something exploitative about it.

Then again, I can't imagine a sensible, polite, well-behaved Morrissey site. He has always presided over madness.

Bearing in mind it's essentially a fansite, I've always found SoLow to be extremely critical and negative (this doesn't apply to everyone, of course)
But then, they do say that people always hurt the ones they love the most...

"And all men kill the thing they love,
By all let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!"

I couldn't resist.

DXS

"And all men kill the thing they love,
By all let this be heard,
Some do it with a bitter look,
Some with a flattering word,
The coward does it with a kiss,
The brave man with a sword!"

I couldn't resist.

DXS

Well, call me a coward. The thing to see is that we are here, spending time out of our jobs, our families, our lives, thinking and talking about Morrissey. While the attention might be uncomfortable, I believe it must be appreciated on some level. Even the critics among us care enough to come and comment... is that not worth something?

Well, call me a coward. The thing to see is that we are here, spending time out of our jobs, our families, our lives, thinking and talking about Morrissey. While the attention might be uncomfortable, I believe it must be appreciated on some level. Even the critics among us care enough to come and comment... is that not worth something?

I think although famous people appreciate...sometimes...it is a human characteristic to focus on the negative. So they might read a hundred "I LOVE YOU" messages "YOU ARE GREAT!" sort of thing, and be like, "ok ok ok.....look- what's that? That person said I am a worthless old twat! horrible!!! These people are awful!".
However, you must understand, a lot of Morrissey admirers do not understand boundries when it comes to what they should and should not discuss...sometimes it seems they hate EVERYTHING including him and are unnecessarily rude, judgmental and harsh. However, Morrissey is known for being blunt about his feelings regarding many things....but this is a pro Morrissey website and sometimes, especially the main board, does not feel like it is!

Well, you're right about the main board. But I almost feel like that's gatekeeping. If there is a place that pops up as the first page of this site, that permits anon posting, then idiots who have no real interest in Morrissey can post and feel they've done their dirt and are happy. But the main board... what the hell is it if not total adoration? Look at the time people spend here... look at the discussion. No one is going to be 100% gung ho, sucking his >>> all the time. That's art. There are pieces you love, and pieces that repel you, and you balance it all out and still find you're in love and that's why you're here.

Well, you're right about the main board. But I almost feel like that's gatekeeping. If there is a place that pops up as the first page of this site, that permits anon posting, then idiots who have no real interest in Morrissey can post and feel they've done their dirt and are happy. But the main board... what the hell is it if not total adoration? Look at the time people spend here... look at the discussion. No one is going to be 100% gung ho, sucking his >>> all the time. That's art. There are pieces you love, and pieces that repel you, and you balance it all out and still find you're in love and that's why you're here.

So well with your words...something I envy. Time will bear that out for me though...:p
I agree 200%. ;)

Mark E Smith read his forum messages. To such an extent that it is now the Unofficial Fall website!!!

As for this one um if I was Morrissey I'd avoid it like the plague. But then he wrote a song about the internet community didn't he?

we/I are/am all obviously intrigued by Mrs Pins statement.... is it Gary Glitter:rolleyes:

Scott Walker I reckon

Back
Top Bottom