Moz on Boz on 'Roundtable'

Walter Ego

Not Banned
Earlier today someone played me a snippet of a recording of BBC's record review programme 'Roundtable' from the mid 80s.

On it guest reviewer Morrissey described the band 'The Shillelagh Sisters' as "......just repugnant".

Oh dear, members of 'The Shillelagh Sisters' included guitarist Boz and his then girlfriend (now wife) Lynder.

Thank goodness they became friends eventually and produced the music we all know and love.

A happy ending.

Earlier today someone played me a snippet of a recording of BBC's record review programme 'Roundtable' from the mid 80s.

On it guest reviewer Morrissey described the band 'The Shillelagh Sisters' as "......just repugnant".

Oh dear, members of 'The Shillelagh Sisters' included guitarist Boz and his then girlfriend (now wife) Lynder.

Thank goodness they became friends eventually and produced the music we all know and love.

A happy ending.

Would you able to ask your friend to upload the recording, please?
:pray:

pug-on-mini-eames-chair.jpg

See also this from 2006:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=63157&highlight=shillelagh

And while we're talking "Cow Punk", I recall him saying of a Terry & Gerry single, (Clothes Shop), I think, he said "I like it......don't know why."

For what it's worth I also recall a couple of lines of Moz on Round Table that I recorded onto cassette back in the day. One was a hurried comment on some PR 'blurb' associated with a (I think) Robert Plant single which stated "Expect the unexpected", which Morrissey said was "...a scandalous waste of ink!"

Last edited:
Well, it was his opinion at that age. Now I do believe that his thoughts about Boz had completely changed.
Before Moz became famous he tryied to get an interview with Echo and the Bunnymen, however, after some years Moz had spoken badly about them.

Let's take some brooze and forget it.

Moz and Boz. Enough said I personally wish Morrissey would have done more work with Crissy Hynde. She is the female equivalent of Moz to me. I know they are friends (and I fantasize about how good of friends), but she has only done backup for him to my knowledge. Desert Island - Smiths, Pretenders, please!

Back
Top Bottom