Moz doing Smiths songs.

graevl

Hi all.

I am a long-time Smith/Moz fan, but I have only recently started to collect concerts in a serious manner.
That is why I ask you experts: Does anybody have a complete list of the Smiths songs Moz & Co. has performed live ?

Secondly, has Moz ever talked about whether he has some sort of "criteria" for which Smith songs he wants to play ? Are there any Smiths songs that are too sacred to play ? Or does he just play whatever he feels like on a given day ?
Does the band have anything to say ?

I have noticed that Moz always changes certain lines in Smiths songs (like Still Ill and William). Could it be that he has come up with these changes and afterwards feels they (the changes) are enough reason to play the song ?

Hope somebody can help out.

Hi all.

I am a long-time Smith/Moz fan, but I have only recently started to collect concerts in a serious manner.
That is why I ask you experts: Does anybody have a complete list of the Smiths songs Moz & Co. has performed live ?

Secondly, has Moz ever talked about whether he has some sort of "criteria" for which Smith songs he wants to play ? Are there any Smiths songs that are too sacred to play ? Or does he just play whatever he feels like on a given day ?

I have noticed that Moz always changes certain lines in Smiths songs (like Still Ill and William). Could it be that he has come up with these changes and afterwards feels they (the changes) are enough reason to play the song ?

I have no idea how Morrissey picks which Smiths songs he sings these days (though I suspect it boils down to simply which ones he is particularly liking at the moment and how they would fit in with the rest of the set) but any mystique about "sacred" Smiths songs was shattered when "How Soon Is Now" became a regular fixture in Morrissey shows in 2004.

One thing I notice is that most/all of the Smiths songs he has played are upbeat.

Last edited:
i think it's just morrissey's way of showing the world that the smiths don't have to reunite for him to perform their music.

morrissey said on channel 4 interview last year that the setlists are very selfish and he performs what he would like to perform. some songs seem to be upbeat and yes it seems there are sacred ones like This charming man.

Hi all.

Welcome to Solo. :)
You'll find information about Smiths songs performed live from following thread:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=70310#6

If you looking for some information I'd suggest you to use search function on top right or visit http://www/passionsjustlikemine.com first.

I don't know whether Morrissey said how he selected songs for live, but he likes to surprise audience and picks songs he'd like to sing.

morrissey said on channel 4 interview last year that the setlists are very selfish and he performs what he would like to perform. some songs seem to be upbeat and yes it seems there are sacred ones like This charming man.

He doesn't play early Smiths songs like "This Charming Man" and "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" because he thinks they are almost wholly responsible for the media perception of him as "depressing".

He doesn't play early Smiths songs like "This Charming Man" and "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" because he thinks they are almost wholly responsible for the media perception of him as "depressing".

When did he say this?

Back
Top Bottom