Morrisseys Lyrical Changes

Am I alone in thinking Morrissey has pulled his punches lyrically in a number of songs (i mean this to his credit not as a slur in anyway, he can accomodate other peoples feelings and boy oh boy when he means to, he can hit the target!) I'll give an example of what I mean...

IHFJ - "Through hail and snow, I'd go just to moon you"

Surely in the context of his background and of the song that would have been "I'd go just to commune with you" in the first draft?

Several other songs seem to also have had more obvious lyrics changed similarly, or possibly its just the way i sing the song in my head.

Reg

Am I alone in thinking Morrissey has pulled his punches lyrically in a number of songs (i mean this to his credit not as a slur in anyway, he can accomodate other peoples feelings and boy oh boy when he means to, he can hit the target!) I'll give an example of what I mean...

IHFJ - "Through hail and snow, I'd go just to moon you"

Surely in the context of his background and of the song that would have been "I'd go just to commune with you" in the first draft?

Several other songs seem to also have had more obvious lyrics changed similarly, or possibly its just the way i sing the song in my head.

Reg

Its always been "through hail and snow I`d go,just to moon yer".....its a typical tongue in cheek Morrissey line.

He does change lyrics sometimes at gigs i.e "etch a postcard2 to scratch on a postcard"

I have Forgiven Jesus is an absolutely blinding Morrissey track.:D

perhaps i was a little obtuse...

I realise it was always been recorded and sung "just to moon you" but In the context of the Irish Catholic Schoolboys Weekday routine i think it was origanally commune, just a personal opinion based on the surrounding lyrics.

IHFJ is indeed a blinding track! I concur wholeheartdly!

Reg

Back
Top Bottom